Pop Ads problem...

Join Discord

Forsaken

LOMCN Member
Apr 26, 2004
On one of my pc's i have windows 2000 Service pack 4, and everytime i log into windows when my internet explorer starts up.
i get a screen full of pop up advertisements, I have tryed all the spyware,hijack,spybot programs etc but they dont recognise it.
I have read about some script being able to run in windows 2000 to allow theses pop ups at startup.(reg being changed)

Ive looked and looked and cant seem to solve this problem :(

does anyone have a clue how i can fix it

thx in advance

/Forsaken

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
i have the exact same prob i got win xp i tried spyware got rid of mst all but 1 and when i open explorer comes up linksto like buying cars,pron,news,sports etc :S

NewBlood

Natural Selection
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
Manchester
SKCCraig said:
i have the exact same prob i got win xp i tried spyware got rid of mst all but 1 and when i open explorer comes up linksto like buying cars,pron,news,sports etc :S

are you sure yours isnt the damn windows messneger adverts?
i had them when i first got my comp always advertising pron but there easy to turn off.

AgentSmith

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 30, 2003
Sheffield (S2)
use adsgone2004 its great i aint seen a popup in ages and if there is a popup jsut open up the program and you can select and block any IE box or those D/L things that try to get u to download stuff.

AgentSmith

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 30, 2003
Sheffield (S2)
yeah i use hijackthis too really good but when i started usein it before the guide i delieted something i shouldnt have was a bit of a mess, all good now tho use the guide