Port Opener

Join Discord

NeoPuma

www.neopian.co.uk
VIP
May 22, 2003
South Wales, UK
Hi there!
As you know, I host web sites from my own PC. But, only I can view them due to my firewall. Is there a program to open the needed ports (which i can set) and allow people to visit them?

-Neo

MuHackingWolf

firewalls r gay, disable them, i NEVER used one

they just give an idea of safety

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I never use a firewall, and be4 i reformatted pc i had so many virus's, trojans ect on my pc, but nothing effected it, until i blew it up, and decided to reformat cos i had 2 much stuff on it.

To me, FireWalls are just annoying.

LeoCrasher

...Im sorry but have you all lost the plot lolz?

A firewall closes the ports.... nothing will reopen them. So why dont you just tell the firewall to leave (port 80 in ur case) open... rofl.

For example I have a server which runs a website, servercount server, mir2server and fileshare. Its just the standard windows firewall but it means I have specified it to allow connections through ports 80, 3000, 7000, 7100, 7200 and 2588.

Think about it lol.
/Leo

NeoPuma

www.neopian.co.uk
VIP
May 22, 2003
South Wales, UK
I've looked through all the options and theres nothing to say 'Oi, leave this one alown is it guv?' kinda thing. Any assistance?

-Neo
-I miss my mod >.<

LeoCrasher

Ive never used Norton's products. Ive found them too slow and memory hungry. Just be happy with the windows firewall or get ZoneAlarm Pro.

/Leo

NeoPuma

www.neopian.co.uk
VIP
May 22, 2003
South Wales, UK
Never mind now, Taylor helped me half way to solving it. I'll post bellow:

Net connection (two monitors down by clock), right click, select open network connections. Right click your internet one and select properties. Select ADVANCED, and then settings at the bottom. Edit the ports from there etc.

-Neo

Taylor

Tiamaria Is Back!
Dedicated Member
Mar 22, 2003
HeHe I'm more helpful than i look (Hopes to be new super moderater :P)

jason987

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 24, 2003
Hi I have the same program...
click personal firewall -then configure

advanced, general rules

add...permit...connections to and from...any comp...tcp and udp...only these types of connection, add, browse to port 80

My only problem now is to find how to FORWARD ports with this computer...I use ICS to share int net between my pcs which are connected by crossover cable

I want to forward ports for mir server to my 2nd pc - can someone help

MODEM

|
|
USB
|
|

PC 1
INTERNET HOST

|
|
|