Possibly making a server.

Join Discord

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
Okay, I'm pretty bored, and I keep remembering how awesome Mir was. I was thinking about making a server. Details would be pretty much as follows, this is just brainstorming though.

Level cap = 90, would be raised when more people get there.
Exp = high, but would change exp needed for each level so that bosses can give high exp split between the group. Would take about...a month to get to 90, of like 6 hours a day play or something. But would make updates whilst the server is up so that the new stuff could be implemented as soon as needed.
Kits = No real kits, aside from ones that give extra stats. Spread out items, a lot of items.
Hunting = Group hunting will be a major part, but solo hunting would also be possible, but less exp/drops etc. Bigger bosses = more people
Quests = Would develop a lot of quests so that people can level whilst doing quests, and not have to grind all the time.
Skills = would be spread across the levels.
Maps = Cannot make maps, so only Euro maps would be at my disposal. Monsters would be swapped around the different caves so that things would have to be learnt again, lots of exploration and stuff.

I haven't played Mir for ages so might have left out a lot of things.

Would use whatever files are up to date, and whatever client files that look cool and have a lot of stuff in. Just wondering what the market (if you want) would be like for a server like this. Haven't a clue what servers are popular at the moment so yeah, might be totally pointless.

Haven't got a host; could possibly buy a dedicated server or something. Tis kinda a spur of the moment idea, but I'll research into it over the next few days, jot down notes, and keep an eye on this thread to see how many people would play it.

Might be looking for more people to make a server with, but only respected members, with good grammar (LOLZ) and good ideas and knowledge of server files, and dedication too. I know there are a few knocking around so yeah.

PEACE.

Hany

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 28, 2005
what server you wanting to make ? 1.4 / 1.9 / 2.3 ?

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
Well after talking with Robert/Beard, who also wanted to make a server, we decided we would work on a server together.

Will make a thread in upcoming servers soon, with a website and forums and such. Updates on the thread will happen everyday with screenshots and such to keep you all interested :)

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
Well after talking with Robert/Beard, who also wanted to make a server, we decided we would work on a server together.

Will make a thread in upcoming servers soon, with a website and forums and such. Updates on the thread will happen everyday with screenshots and such to keep you all interested :)

Nice one, will be looking forward to it.