Possibly reopening Samurai Mir 3

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
are the rates going to be fixed rates? dont want to start then in about 1-2 month time or something server is wiped and put up to x128 because of people moaning leveling is to hard at x16 lol ?

That is part of the reason for the weeks beta testing. I'll be giving a few people levels/rebirths so that levelling can be tested thoroughly and people can see what it is like at different levels. I know before a few people were complaining that it's harder to kill higher mons but for not much more exp, well that isnt such a problem once you are the right level for each cave and have the kit that drops in those caves it is pretty easy to kill in the respective caves. What people have to bare in mind is that once you have rebirths the exp is a lot better, so if I raised the exp too much it would make the exp rate unbalanced. Even on low rate servers as you go up the levels the hunting grounds only give what an extra 1-2k exp per mob if that each time you move hunting grounds? Well at x16 its working out an extra 16-32k+ extra per mob each time you move up a hunting area, if not more. The rates are good in my opinion, once you get to level 80 and have some decent kit most places are really easy to hunt and the exp is good. I need to have a look at the drops during beta as well, don't want the mid level kit to be too hard to get, nor the higher kits too easy.

Legion

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 7, 2010
That is part of the reason for the weeks beta testing. I'll be giving a few people levels/rebirths so that levelling can be tested thoroughly and people can see what it is like at different levels. I know before a few people were complaining that it's harder to kill higher mons but for not much more exp, well that isnt such a problem once you are the right level for each cave and have the kit that drops in those caves it is pretty easy to kill in the respective caves. What people have to bare in mind is that once you have rebirths the exp is a lot better, so if I raised the exp too much it would make the exp rate unbalanced. Even on low rate servers as you go up the levels the hunting grounds only give what an extra 1-2k exp per mob if that each time you move hunting grounds? Well at x16 its working out an extra 16-32k+ extra per mob each time you move up a hunting area, if not more. The rates are good in my opinion, once you get to level 80 and have some decent kit most places are really easy to hunt and the exp is good. I need to have a look at the drops during beta as well, don't want the mid level kit to be too hard to get, nor the higher kits too easy.

x16 isnt hard, id hate to see how they coped with x1 official back in the day.

RazzleDazzle

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
~{Aylesbury}~
Why do people keep fannying around lol. Why cant some1 just upload a client with a launcher so we can all play. This isnt aimed at you at all Zordon im just dieing of boredom now lol.

linzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 10, 2004
rochdale
I'll be playing once it's up and running, looking forward to it, i'll help test aswell if you like! :)

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
Well I'm hoping it is up on the host soon. If not I might have the second line setup soon, recieved the modem/router yesterday so just a matter of time til the line is active. I may even set up a second server once the X16 server is up and running, maybe a x32 or x64 server etc. Will see how things go though, I know there is a lot of demand for decent servers atm so would be good to get mine running again soon with possibly a second running as well :)

Would depend on demand though. If there is a high enough player base on the x16 that stays consistent will definitely consider running a 2nd server.

linzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 10, 2004
rochdale
That sounds great, well you've impressed me so far just by releasing data files before server goes online, gives me time to download everything. do you have any past screen shots of the server?

Legion

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 7, 2010
Well I'm hoping it is up on the host soon. If not I might have the second line setup soon, recieved the modem/router yesterday so just a matter of time til the line is active. I may even set up a second server once the X16 server is up and running, maybe a x32 or x64 server etc. Will see how things go though, I know there is a lot of demand for decent servers atm so would be good to get mine running again soon with possibly a second running as well :)

Would depend on demand though. If there is a high enough player base on the x16 that stays consistent will definitely consider running a 2nd server.

Only problem is you wont get the high rate players on x16, without a 32 or 64 you wont know the demand unless you make a poll...

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
Ok links updated, redoing data part 3 as the link is still broken. Launcher patch linked as well, although the server isn't online yet.

If I do make a second server will use the same client data so you will be able to connect to both servers on the same client, will just issue a launcher patch to connect to both.

Hope the server is online soon :)

linzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 10, 2004
rochdale
Hiya, can you upload data part 3 and 4 to another site as i have exceeded my download limit.

lyda4444

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2009
check it :

http://www.wrzuc.to/pl/

polish website but no limit speed and mega ,u can upload plik 800 mega (registered 1gb)

click "wybierz plik" (chose ur files)
when u chose clik "Akceptuję regulamin"

and "wrzuc.to" and w8ing for uploading:P

linzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 10, 2004
rochdale
Think i've sorted it, i waiting a bit and tryed download again and worked fine this time round :) just waiting for server to go up! :D

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
wow talk about reviving an OLD post.. :/ this thread has NOTHING to do with my current ad, can a mod please lock this thread to prevent further trolling please :/

Status
Not open for further replies.