Predictions on AMD price reductions...

Join Discord

Bacardi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 27, 2003
Sheffield
Now that Conroe is on our doorstep (minus a decent mainboard) how long before AMD are forced to reduce their prices further? I mean as UrbanFox has pointed out numberous times, Conroe > everything else... AMD's FX-62 gets steamrollered in most approved benchmarks when compared to a Core 2 Duo chip one third its price.

Seems a little silly that AMD expect to keep business booming with such a price:performance difference. Plus this merger with ATI has cost them a $2+ billion loan and may still yet fall through (still in negotiations with shareholders afaik?)

Main reason I wanna know this is because I know how conroe pisses all over the 939 chips but I cba buyin a new system where I could just wait a month or two and buy a knock-down priced fx-60.

Last edited:

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
Theis prices have alrady taken a huge deduction. A couple of months ago the X2 3800+ was going for about £160+vat now on the same site, its down to £90+vat.

I don't have the link handy, but some loon clocked the Conroe EE up to 5.2Ghz and scored almost 83k on 3DMark01 without having the best gfx cards avaible.