Problem with exe.

Mezoko

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 13, 2005
I am having a reoccuring problem with the exe i run to get onto a server i just made with the IP 127.0.0.1 and my IP, both resort to the same thing.
Whenever i run the exe, it gets to the log-in page but it has a multi-coloured mucked up screen with pictures out of place so i cant see any buttons such as log in, create an account etc.
I had to create an account using one fo the logingate things so i could get into the game.
I was successful to log in with the account i created, but it came up with a page with the same mucked up screen so i couldnt see the button with the server to connect to, so i couldn't connect. I have tried re-installing everything and changing IP's back and forth, but no luck. And also, on all the logingates,M2server etc it always says the IP 127.0.0.1 on it even if i change the IP to my one on all the files necessary.
If anyone has any ideas on how to resolve my problems, please post a solution and i will be most grateful :) I am new to game-creating, so you may have to spell it all out for me :P

Many thanks,

Mezoko

Mezoko

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 13, 2005
I think i'm using 1.9 O_o or is it 1.4

I am having different problems now, all the logingate etc is showing my ip address, but i cant get onto the exe now lol always says "Connection Closed..." With the mucked up colour screen. I have looked at how to resolve it on other threads but i got no luck so far. You got any downloads or fixes i can use?
Some links would be nice xD

thanks for posting,

Mezoko

Upvote 0

Evolution3

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 4, 2005
Worthing
if you wanna mess about with mir servers mate i'd suggest starting here...

www.fernys.co.uk

download everything and follow the guide VERY VERY carefully
word for word, that will get you up and running offline.

also you dont need to touch your i.ps unless your playing over LAN or
hosting over the internet etc. all i.p's should remain 127.0.0.1

You cant run the server and play on the same machine if you change the ip's from 127.0.0.1 unless you meddle around with the ports which is gay.

so stick to offline use unless u know about forwarding ports (if using a router) and ip's, static ips etc.

you've not got a problem with your exe. sounds like your using 1.4
a line of text or an i.p is incorrect somewhere in the logserv i think.

Upvote 0