Problems with a game (Savage)

Rick-e

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2003
Brighton, UK.
My mate got a new computer, he downloaded and install Savage, but when he plays it it's really choppy and he's got like a 200+ ping, it's a complete fresh install of XP and using the latest ATI GFX drivers.

It's wierd, because when he plays the game on his old PC it runs fine.

Any suggestions on the problem would be great.

Spankyou.

Rick-e

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2003
Brighton, UK.
He's tried playing with the Savage settings to no avail.

The comp plays other games like Warcraft 3 fine.

He said could it be to do with the fact he plays it on his 17" FlatScreen monitor? I replied no but he wants you to answer. =/

Last edited:

spence

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 30, 2004
nothing 2 do with the moniter its prob like the game CounterStrike when u 1st install it on ne pc its bit laggy and slow but after 20+ hours it will b fine i shud think >.<

Rick-e

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2003
Brighton, UK.
He said it runs "OK" but when a big battle kicks off his ping raises and it's like he's stuck in a lag wall or something.

saber

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2004
Rick-e said:
But it only happens in battles? Anything he can do about it?

what connection is he on,check if anything else is using the connection ie spyware/auto downloads ect oh and update the game, that helped me when i was playing online FPS.....

/sab

Rick-e

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2003
Brighton, UK.
It's fine playing on his other PC though, which is on the same Internet connection. His other PC is a much lower spec, too.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Rick-e said:
It's fine playing on his other PC though, which is on the same Internet connection. His other PC is a much lower spec, too.
Well, there could be several reasons, faulty drivers, the game files are a little bit corrupt, spyware hogging up the resources...

SkyDragon

.::Mario Ftw::.
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2004
West-Yorkshire :)
Gimpasaurus said:
Well, there could be several reasons, faulty drivers, the game files are a little bit corrupt, spyware hogging up the resources...

how could it be spyware taking you resources if the specs are better.....btw who are you.....your new and som1 edited your post count...me thinks.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
SkyDragon said:
how could it be spyware taking you resources if the specs are better.....btw who are you.....your new and som1 edited your post count...me thinks.
Doesn't matter how good the PC is, spyware could hog up all your resources...

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
SkyDragon said:
aye soz i read it wrong :P thought u was on about spyware software :P btw who are you. got2.9k posts and never seen you before
I'm bill gates and Milo bribed me with my postcount so i wouldn't close down his internets

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
SkyDragon said:
lmao but post count means nothing.....you can tell some1 edited your post count because look @ your title.
He also let me touch his ear :brows:

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
SkyDragon said:
lmao but post count means nothing.....you can tell some1 edited your post count because look @ your title.

your not very smart are you skydragon...

He changed his title himself He joined in 2004 No one touched his post count And people can get name changes