Project Mayhem [PvP Server]

smoochy boys on tour

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
Okay well for those that read this thread will know myself & Sic were in the process of creating a PvP Server, just to give everyone something to do as its plain to see we are all bored to death with the servers online at the moment! The server is now almost complete, and ready to go though some testing.

The only problem is we need a host, as said in the other thread so if you are interested leave a post.

The reason this is not posted in Upcoming server is for the simple reason, it may not be "upcoming" at all, if we don't get a host.

Server Information

Dev Team
Wond
Sic

Leveling
Start level: 15
Level cap: 60

As this is a PvP server, leveling will not be much of a factor in this server. Leveling to 55 will be as easy as pie, from 55-60 there will be a slow down. Once you have achieved level 60 the real PvP aspect of the server will kick in.

Items
As this is a PvP server, you won't be gaining Items the conventional way, you have to fight for them! All equipment will gained via the Battle Point system (other than a few special items)

We have introduced around 100 new items, not too much that you run though your equipment in such a small space of time that it defeats the purpose of upgrading them, but enough to keep new items valuable.

Caves
Again with leveling not being much of a factor on this server, we didn't see the need to go though the hassle of adding new leveling areas. We have however revamped all of our bosses, as we know you are sick of looking at the same old skins over and over again.

Bosses
As I've already said, we have revamped all of our bosses. Bosses are designed to be killed in groups, and will drop accordingly. You will also receive Battle Points for successfully killing a Boss.

Home Zone
I decided to create a custom Home Zone for the server (Thanks to SmavidDavid for the layout idea)

Factions
When you reach the level cap you then have the choice to join a Faction. Its fairly simple. The server is split into two Factions (Alpha and Omega). Players who choose to join the Alpha Faction will receive an attack boost and players who choose to join the Omega Faction will receive a defense boost.

Fight Club
"Fight Club was the beginning, now it's moved out of the basement, it's called Project Mayhem."

As I'm sure you have already guessed, the name Project Mayhem was taken from Fight Club (One of my favorite films).

Basically Fight Club is a last man standing contest which is held every night of the week. The rules are simple, last man standing wins. The winner of the contest will receive Battle Points & your Fight Club rank will increase by 1.

Battle Points
Each time you kill another player, you will gain Battle Points, and each time you die, you will loose Battle Points. When you have collected enough Battle Points you can then use them to purchase new equipment and upgrade items from the Battle Point NPC.

You can only gain battle points from a player within 5 levels of you, so its advisable to get to level 60 before you start the fighting!

If I've missed anything Ill add it at another point. Thanks for reading. Hope to see you online soon.

Last edited:

Chaos

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 27, 2003
Sounds cool, cant wait!! Good Luck finding a host :D

~HeavenSent~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 9, 2005
Chorley
Nice server, But when you first start can u level with out being killed buy a hi level player or hi levels will just be camping noob arears

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
Nice server, But when you first start can u level with out being killed buy a hi level player or hi levels will just be camping noob arears

Mentioned in the main post that you can only gain battle points from a player within 5 levels of you, so high level players would have no reason to be killing lower players.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Omg ive been w8in for this, this is gunna rock lol

i'll see u all there ;)

P.S if u need a hand with testing gimme a PM :)

2dope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2005
btw pvp lag will be fixed so game runs smooth when it goes live, wonder wot it will be like lol

/fubu

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
Okay got a host sorted. I'm off out shortly and wont be back home until tomorrow evening so we'll get the testing done then. Just need to sort a few scripts out and test PvP. Hopefully have PvP lag fixed by then so it should run as smooth as OldSkool does.