Zircon Prophecy

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Prophecy

Banned
Banned
Dec 26, 2023
I have been looking at the Zircon Files and wanted to put something together for people to spend time playing and enjoying.

Server Stats:
Experience x1
Gold x1
Drops x1
(Stats are dependent on circumstances ingame)

I like player vs player on games so the server has player vs player aspects, you can also drop items from your bag or body on deaths if the items have no drop protection.

New spells are ingame (thanks to Far for his work).

Item Upgrades and Progression:
I wanted players to be able to progress ingame without loads of patches being made for there to be content for players to do, for that reason there is also a level cap starting with a cap of 100.
The level cap will be increased with patches (sort of like expansions - similar to world of warcraft).
The fact players can upgrade their own gear should give me extra time to work on expanding the content, the new content will also have the same item progression and items from the previous patch will lose their iLevels.

Upgrade Orbs - You are able to upgrade your items with a maximum of 30 Orbs per item.

Item Progression
All 'Common' Items can be upgraded a total of 8 times, when reaching 8 upgrades they will change to Heroic Items.
All Heroic Items can be upgraded a total of 4 times, when reaching 4 upgrades they will change to Mythic Items.
All Mythic Items can be upgraded a total of 4 times, when reaching 4 upgrades they will change to Mythic+ Items.
All Mythic+ Items can be upgraded a total of 4 times.

ItemProg.png

iLevels
Because there is a level cap I have added iLevel as a way of progressing, each item / item upgrade will have their own ilevel - increasing with the level of upgrade.
iLevel is worked out as an average of the iLevel of your equipped gear.
You will need certain iLevel to enter certain instances.

Instances
Instances will be how you progress in late game, this is where you will gain items and also gain tokens to upgrade the items you gain.
Instances will be more dangerous versions of monsters from the current patch depending on your iLevel.
When entering an Instance there will be a 30 minute timer for you to be returned to Town, if you leave before this timer ends.. you cannot rejoin and have to wait for the timer to reach 0 to rejoin the same instance.

Timer.png

Upgrading Items
You can upgrade your items in Bichon Town, they will cost gold and the required Tokens to upgrade.

ItemUpgrade.png

Kills - Deaths - User KD
I like Player vs Player things, your kills, deaths and KD will now be displayed to all and the penalty for killing someone is reduced.

KD.png

A fair few other small quality of life changes which I wont mention but you will probably notice ingame.

Unsure on when the server will release, but am posting it to make players aware ready for release.

(Yes I play World of Warcraft)

Launcher can be found here:
Launcher

Full Client can be found here:
ProphecyFullClient

You may also need to install the following:
Microsoft ASP.NET Core 7.0.15
Microsoft .NET Runtime 7.0.15
DirectX Runtime
SlimDX Runtime
DirectX Redist
DirectX SDK

Discord Server
https://discord.gg/8yjCEmeu6Y

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
Sounds like it could be good but I have a couple of questions I would like to ask

Is standard refinement still a thing for both weapons and accessories?
Is the Edge system still within the game?
Is the Special Refinement and Master Refinement systems still in the game?
Have you changed items to possess defensive stats relevant to the DC/MS/SC players are able to obtain?
Have emblems and worm squashers been altered or removed?
Have Pigs Stat benefits been altered?
Have you Capped Luck at a lower value so player aren't hitting max damage every hit?

Trying to judge how balanced PVP will actually be because a combination or even including any of the things I've listed will greatly effect PVP half the problems with Zircon servers is that new items are all offensive none defensive which leads to players massively outscaling AC/MR which is why Jamie created such silly items like Emblems and Worm Squashers to counter balance things.

I mean I'll be honest been so long since a new Mir3 server came out that I'll try it anyway as will a lot of people but it would be nice if PVP was fair and balanced and obvious systems that will destroy balance were addressed pre-launching as once something is in the game its hard to remove it without dealing with crying from those effected.

Prophecy

Banned
Banned
Dec 26, 2023
Sounds like it could be good but I have a couple of questions I would like to ask

Is standard refinement still a thing for both weapons and accessories?
Is the Edge system still within the game?
Is the Special Refinement and Master Refinement systems still in the game?
Have you changed items to possess defensive stats relevant to the DC/MS/SC players are able to obtain?
Have emblems and worm squashers been altered or removed?
Have Pigs Stat benefits been altered?
Have you Capped Luck at a lower value so player aren't hitting max damage every hit?

Trying to judge how balanced PVP will actually be because a combination or even including any of the things I've listed will greatly effect PVP half the problems with Zircon servers is that new items are all offensive none defensive which leads to players massively outscaling AC/MR which is why Jamie created such silly items like Emblems and Worm Squashers to counter balance things.

I mean I'll be honest been so long since a new Mir3 server came out that I'll try it anyway as will a lot of people but it would be nice if PVP was fair and balanced and obvious systems that will destroy balance were addressed pre-launching as once something is in the game its hard to remove it without dealing with crying from those effected.

Standard refines are ingame, other upgrade types have been removed.
Yes Items have Defensive Stats to match the DC, MC and SC Stats and I've tried to keep away from the other stats that were added.
Zircons Emblems are not ingame and worm squashers are not ingame.
Pig stats are standard right now.
Luck is capped at 9

Basically I've tried to remove anything that gives stupid stats on items, one because its stupid and two because it makes it hard to balance things ingame.

I'm new to the files so there might be stuff I'm not aware of so its good to hear opinions.

Reactions: Vyse

beer

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 18, 2004
will archers be on this server? with piercing shot and static shock? :P

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
Standard refines are ingame, other upgrade types have been removed.
Yes Items have Defensive Stats to match the DC, MC and SC Stats and I've tried to keep away from the other stats that were added.
Zircons Emblems are not ingame and worm squashers are not ingame.
Pig stats are standard right now.
Luck is capped at 9

Basically I've tried to remove anything that gives stupid stats on items, one because its stupid and two because it makes it hard to balance things ingame.

I'm new to the files so there might be stuff I'm not aware of so its good to hear opinions.

Server sounds very promising luck 9 could be an issue very far in future but sometimes it can take a few thousands benes to reach it and if your working on new content I'd guess many will not push past 5 on a weapon.

Emblems in theory as an item are okay the problem with them and worm squashers is that they covered every advantage in my opinion having items covering one-two advantages as a base for instance wind, and holy or physical and fire on emblems in the later end of the game but these items with base advantage should be extremely rare so it takes players a long time to cover building multiple sets to counter every class in pvp.

as for stuff you may have missed I'd suggest reworking Goru cave a tiny bit them monsters have multiple CC effects and when they teleport they deal twice their maximum DC as damage but there experience given is less than other high level caves the drops are so so too.

Dunes maps should have a level70 requirement to access and forgotten monistery and quartz mines should be locked until 75, Dragons abyss should be set to 60.

these requirements would make the less hunted areas get hunted before heading into the superior maps like DA and dunes.

Lost lands may be another such area that you wish to alter e.g LL2 monster aggro range is too large you can lure the entire map in a single lure.

Anything dunes onward I would look at reducing their DC by 10%, and probably 20-30% in FM and Quartz mines as they were designed with 5-10 advantages and silly stats like para, slow, silience and other broken systems in mind meaning they will be next to impossible to hunt without.

Patan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 31, 2005
Lvl requirement for an dungeon was always the Lazy easy way to Keep lowlvl out. But Remember on old Server you was able to go zumatemple at lvl 15/20 but wasnt good.
Thats balancing

Prophecy

Banned
Banned
Dec 26, 2023
Server sounds very promising luck 9 could be an issue very far in future but sometimes it can take a few thousands benes to reach it and if your working on new content I'd guess many will not push past 5 on a weapon.

Emblems in theory as an item are okay the problem with them and worm squashers is that they covered every advantage in my opinion having items covering one-two advantages as a base for instance wind, and holy or physical and fire on emblems in the later end of the game but these items with base advantage should be extremely rare so it takes players a long time to cover building multiple sets to counter every class in pvp.

as for stuff you may have missed I'd suggest reworking Goru cave a tiny bit them monsters have multiple CC effects and when they teleport they deal twice their maximum DC as damage but there experience given is less than other high level caves the drops are so so too.

Dunes maps should have a level70 requirement to access and forgotten monistery and quartz mines should be locked until 75, Dragons abyss should be set to 60.

these requirements would make the less hunted areas get hunted before heading into the superior maps like DA and dunes.

Lost lands may be another such area that you wish to alter e.g LL2 monster aggro range is too large you can lure the entire map in a single lure.

Anything dunes onward I would look at reducing their DC by 10%, and probably 20-30% in FM and Quartz mines as they were designed with 5-10 advantages and silly stats like para, slow, silience and other broken systems in mind meaning they will be next to impossible to hunt without.

The dungeons already have the level caps on entry, LostLand etc is not ingame.

Monster stats have been adjusted slightly and all map buffs removed, the only real way to test everything would be for me or others to run each dungeon.

I may end up putting the game up once main things have been changed, just to get a feel

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Is leveling custom or is it actual x1 ? If it's x1 as I remember Zircon files we will be here untill 2030 and no1 will be level 100 for the cap

Demonolith

Caswell
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2006
Swansea
Is leveling custom or is it actual x1 ? If it's x1 as I remember Zircon files we will be here untill 2030 and no1 will be level 100 for the cap
Actually its the opposite, with zircon x1 is too fast, needs to be 0.5/0.25 obviously slower after 72, but to get there wont take long

Prophecy

Banned
Banned
Dec 26, 2023
What are you on about? You need like some trilion exp once you get to level 85

This is due to the required xp to level, not the rate of experience gained.

It will take some time to get to certain levels but it is not stupid experience required, its been changed.

Which classes will be available on launch?

The normal 4 classes, the balancing is bad enough without adding another class to balance

saturatedsock

LOMCN Rookie
Oct 10, 2021
This is due to the required xp to level, not the rate of experience gained.

It will take some time to get to certain levels but it is not stupid experience required, its been changed.

The normal 4 classes, the balancing is bad enough without adding another class to balance
Sweet, look forward to see the new skills!

Prophecy

Banned
Banned
Dec 26, 2023
Because you can drop from your body, your bag and the fact I encourage PVP - I've added Item Protection. You'll be able to add this to items of your choosing using a protection Item.

ItemProtect.png ItemProtectExpired.png

I also didn't like the fact you can close the game instantly, I have also removed this.. you cannot close via taskbar or alt + f4 you would have to close via the ingame buttons or task manager making it a lot harder to just instantly disconnect.

CloseDisabled.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Jev

Patan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 31, 2005
Item Protection!!!€€€€€€ ;)
How long we gonna wait? Weeks or mounths?

grimchamp

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 16, 2005
Because you can drop from your body, your bag and the fact I encourage PVP - I've added Item Protection. You'll be able to add this to items of your choosing using a protection Item.

View attachment 33580 View attachment 33581

I also didn't like the fact you can close the game instantly, I have also removed this.. you cannot close via taskbar or alt + f4 you would have to close via the ingame buttons or task manager making it a lot harder to just instantly disconnect.

View attachment 33582

This is easily circumvented with a batch script to kill the process on the client machine. Can I suggest an exit and force exit but with force exit your client stays logged in for N seconds?

Edit: Script can be executed remotely with a shortcut or you could map a mouse button to it with modern mice.

Prophecy

Banned
Banned
Dec 26, 2023
This is easily circumvented with a batch script to kill the process on the client machine. Can I suggest an exit and force exit but with force exit your client stays logged in for N seconds?

Edit: Script can be executed remotely with a shortcut or you could map a mouse button to it with modern mice.

Yeah should be simple enough to do based on how these files are coded, you mean a simple timer before removing the connection fully?

Would also make sense for it to match the reconnect timer