Proposition and Download Help

Join Discord

Stoyz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
ok, thats fine i have that .exe now i have a problem with one of my gates. CruelDragonMir3G (torch icon) this doesnt load properly, and i know why it doesnt cus i havnt changed any of the options inside the .ini but its all in chinese, currently looking for another 1. or a translated .ini, i saw one last night.

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
doesnt matter if its chinese. just change the ip inside and the sql password if there is one.

Upvote 0

Stoyz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
i have done that, ill upload a screenie of the error.

Summat like, Read Emergency Map : [0] 458,398
Starttimer Exception
Loading client version information ok,
Not ready 192.168.1.101

1 sec

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
stop posting in every thread for the same help. stick the one set of files at a time, and read the guide supplied by demonic.

Upvote 0

Stoyz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
Also my selchar gate doesnt open, prob cus this gate is broken tho
problem9mj.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Stoyz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
In the mapinfo it doesnt even look like these co-ords would exist could that be the problem?

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
all the gates work fine. all the txt files are fine. nothing is broken or not working in the files supplied.

your not even loading your string correctly. goto your !setup.txt and make sure you've got all the correct paths, ip, and passwords in there.

edit: by the look of that screen your already trying to set it up over your router. configure it to 127.0.01 befor you put it online. take one step at a time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
A Rough Guide for King Server

First step is to deciced which Server your are going to run, King + Crual Dragon uses slightly different ODBC Naming conventions for the Databases, if it is not right the server will not run. What you need to do is restore each database supplied with the same name as the .db file (or .dat - whatever they are called). One thing to pay carefull attention to is the path they are trying to restore on, this is off the advanced Tab - I noticed all the files supplied by CruelDragon for example are pointing to e:\Programfiles etc and the King one is pointing to d:\Data - if you dont chance this then SQL will come up with a Error.

Once you have the Database's Restored, then it is time to Set up the ODBC - basically you make a ODBC for each of the Database and make sure the default Database is the same name.

You then carry on with the guide I wrote and make sure the IP's match in ACCOUNT - which point to your logingate etc...

Now basically work on One program at a time - making sure it comes up without errors - the server will not run unless DBSRV is started and working etc.

Cruel Dragon has ONE ini file which includes a sa/password in there - make sure you change that. King has a seperate file purely for this. You must WAIT until the server is fully loaded before trying to run RunGATE and SELCHRGATE (says Magic Gate is open). ...

Of course dont forget to check all the INI files and the !setup.txt (requires a external program to set up as this is encryted) is correct and the server name + IP matches across the board - it will only take ONE file to be wrong and the server will not start or not run correctly.

Mir3 may sound compicated and I am sure it is - half of this is to blame on the person who wrote it (Aragon) as he wrote it with the intention of SELLING it (which he still does) - so it is protected to death.

Upvote 0

Stoyz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
Thanks for that Demonic, ive checked it all and it works good, all the gates turn to
---][--- instead of ---] [--- which means they work, its just when i get to running the CruelDragonMir3G gate (torch icon) that it starts to go wrong. and it comes to that read emergency map thing, im assuming its because its becasue mapinfo is set up wrong? and one other thing when im using kaori's site to change the !setup.txt what do i put in ClientPath1 ? the location of my euromir client? the CruelDragonMir3G thing?

Upvote 0

Stoyz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
I give up cant be bothered anymore, what a waste of a day -_-. Some1 hurry up and make a good Mir3 server.

Upvote 0

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Hmm not much of a Attention Span tbh - how do you think us lot work out what to do?? We dont get instrructions half the time and a lot of it is trial and error- the error Emergany Map is not a error at all - its tell you the X Y in case it has no place to shove you when you log in...

Maybe you should try Mir2 - its a lot easier and does not require SQL.,.

Upvote 0

Stoyz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
The quote under your name in the forum is what i think too, Mir2 has lost it, Mir3 is where its at and is the future, thats why I wanted to try a server. Maybe ill try again today, but i just dont see why the hell its not working, i have it all correct, its just that fecking CruelDragonMir3 Gate.

Upvote 0

Stoyz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
I found some files in setup folder that i haddnt changed the IP in so i was damn sure it was going to work, but NOOOO. Anyway heres my latest screenshot of the full screen ive jammed as much stuff in as possible.

server5wb.jpg

Upvote 0

Stoyz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
K glad to say its working now, thanks to all for help, now all i gotta do is get a client that works with it, ive tried using the euromir3 client (beta one) and it doesnt even start up, i get a MInfo file error b4 it even loads. Dunno wtf that means, perhaps ill try it on a different PC.

Upvote 0

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Stoyz said:
K glad to say its working now, thanks to all for help, now all i gotta do is get a client that works with it, ive tried using the euromir3 client (beta one) and it doesnt even start up, i get a MInfo file error b4 it even loads. Dunno wtf that means, perhaps ill try it on a different PC.

The client I used was the Latest Euromir3 One but also the Korean + Chinese Latest 3G also work fine too. You have to de-crytpt the mir3.cin on Kaori page, change the IP to match, re-encytpt it and then make sure it dont get patched when you run the exe by making a Shortcut on your desktop of the mir3.exe and adding :

-c -u at the end - this stops any patching and allows you to play the game..

Upvote 0

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Stoyz said:
K its al good now, im in and moving about. No items in shop, i wonder why, then i realise that my client hasnt come with any magic, monster or stditem databases lmao, just downloaded sum, but cant find mir3param to edit them.

You must mean server dont you - cos the client has nothing to do with this other than show you the gfx...

As Farril just said - it is all inclduing in SQL - your next problem is the fact it is all chinese - this will take you a while to go through and translate so everything is in english - if you want a server then I am afraid your going to have to put the ground work in, I did translate JOB and 3G (older one) all on my own - its not that hard with a Bit of Babel and Common Sense tbh.

Upvote 0