Qfunction Variable Help

smoochy boys on tour

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Right, did a quick reboot this morning to put into place but not used qfunction a great deal before

I want a system where after a set amount of boss kills it spawns a server boss, i have something like

[@Onmobkill(mob)]
#ACT
Calcvar global mobkill +1
savevar global mobkill variables\integral

and all the IF bits to check if it meets a certain number it uses mongenex to spawn mobs

I get an error in m2server saying variable not found whenever I kill the relevant mob, I have the above script in market_def/qfunct, and I have the integral text file set up.. what else do I need to do, and will the global rather than human make it so it tallies the kill to a SERVER count rather than individual?

Cheers

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
The mapquest is used for quests I didnt know i could use the @onkillmob there. I can tweak the quest template to reflect this if thats the case, but I wont be able to assign it to an npc, since theres not an npc when you kill bosses.

I thought the only way would be to use qfunct, in a way its an adaptation of the boss evolution system that i thought would work. But I might have to take you up on that ice, if you add me, or pm me your msn. [email protected]

Upvote 0

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
mapquest is just a way of runnin a script wen u kill a mob... a better way than qfunction..

its a script.. u can do wotever u want in there... u obv dont need @onkillmob tho as its alrdy doin that bit for u..

Upvote 0

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
The mapquest is used for quests I didnt know i could use the @onkillmob there. I can tweak the quest template to reflect this if thats the case, but I wont be able to assign it to an npc, since theres not an npc when you kill bosses.

I thought the only way would be to use qfunct, in a way its an adaptation of the boss evolution system that i thought would work. But I might have to take you up on that ice, if you add me, or pm me your msn. [email protected]

added you just drop me a msn whenever i got today off.

Upvote 0

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
[@main]
#IF
checkvar global lowboss > 18
checkmonmap t118 1
#ACT
CalcVar global lowboss + 1
SaveVar global lowboss ..\QuestDiary\Variables\Integral.txt
Mongenex T118 13 15 BichonLord 20 1
SendMsg 0 "BichonLord:Enough! You will kill no more of my minions!"
CalcVar global lowboss - 18
#ELSEACT
CalcVar global lowboss + 1

Added the vars and kill count registers in integral.txt trouble is it never triggers the spawn -.-

Upvote 0

hustler

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
If you are still looking for help i can guide you what to do in detail or i can show you an example of one of my scripts just drop me a pm with your msn.

h

Upvote 0