QGO/GNO - curious

smoochy boys on tour

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
pointless thread but im curious. who originally ran euro mir? QGO right? and that was when Alaria and crew were about?

then what happened to them?

when did GNO take over? and is that when there wasn't any GM's and the only forum admin was 'Staff' and it all went downhill?

mainly asking cos i'm interested in QGO.

thanksu

Time2Die

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 4, 2008
no QGO came after as for bag as i can rember is game network had it first

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
QGO was Mir3 not 2, GN was Mir2 for years.

Are you sure?

;=================================================
; QGO 09 July 2003
; Spawns held Tmp pending 1.5

;
; Hobers Guards to Prevent PK harassement in @ Caves & Mines
;

That's taken from the Mir2 Mongen.

mapadale

Are you sure?

; QGO 09 July 2003
; Spawns held Tmp pending 1.5

;
; Hobers Guards to Prevent PK harassement in @ Caves & Mines
;

That's taken from the Mir2 Mongen.
I remember GN avin it for years and mean since about 2002 - 2005.

QGO as far as I remember was 2005/6 Mir3.

Though didn't QGO go to GN with Mir3??

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
I remember GN avin it for years and mean since about 2002 - 2005.

QGO as far as I remember was 2005/6 Mir3.

Though didn't QGO go to GN with Mir3??

dunno, but i'm thinking that QGO owned it originally and everyone just thinks it was GNO because of the TV show on the game network channel...

QGO was a UK based company no? The standard of English and general communication the staff had back in 03/04 was far far better than what GNO has had these recent years, n considering GNO = Italian, kinda makes sense.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
GN had mir from the beginning till the end didnt they?

Mir was always on GN's TV Channel as there own game? And stayed with them till it died... atleast o ntheir website and all payments went through there.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
ye im pretty sure it was gamenetwork from the start. i thought QGO just owned the american mir3 for a while.

Chlorr

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 29, 2007
Got the impression QGO were the old mir2 staff who had messed things up badly ingame (the 1st time not the repetitive neglect of GNO)

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
GN had mir from the beginning till the end didnt they?

Mir was always on GN's TV Channel as there own game? And stayed with them till it died... atleast o ntheir website and all payments went through there.

That's just what everyone thinks... Mir was on GNTV so you assume it was run by GNO.

So what's to explain Hober's QGO edits?

mapadale

CEO of QGO, (Quality Games Online), Anthony Burgess told HEXUS of his hopes for the next MMOG, The Legend Of Mir 3.

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=837

Total Format - They talk of a mir2 - Mir3 conversion of database, but I don't think that Mir2 was run by QGO.

QGO ran Mir3 and not Mir2, QGO went into liquidation after the took on R.O.S.E and became GR(Game Router)

This was taken from wikipedia - Which unfortunatly is not 100% correct.

The current European host for the game is the Italy-based Game Network, who obtained the license to run Mir 3 in early 2006. The original hosts were Bradford-based Quality Games Online (QGO). The game was in open beta from February 2006 until June 2006. Game Network made the game free to play in January 2009, removing all support. The servers were scheduled to close March 31,2009.

The information on wikipedia is incorrect and due to be removed, as QGO ran Mir3 up untill 2007 and then became part of GR and subsequently went bankqrupt - IEntertainment then opened the US Version of Mir3 and had the old QGO DB's so that Euro players had there accounts and able to play.

This is also another reference from wikipedia for Mir2

European Mir The Italian company Game Network is responsible for the operation of the European version of the game. Game Network originally had their own satellite television channel, but it was canceled due to lack of funding.
In the 2007 yearly review and the September quarterly review, Digi-Bros made it clear they not only intended to replace Mir but also another MMORPG service they provided, the Myth of Soma.
"Revenues from "Legend of Mir" and "Myth of Soma" subscriptions fell from €178 thousands to €32 thousand, and titles will soon be replaced by a new generation of games accessed from the portal for the European Market, http://www.gametribe.com. Construction of the portal will be completed during the first half of the year."[1]
Since early 2005 Game Networks Mir website has been rarely updated. The forums itself continued to thrive until February of 2008 when the hosting company replaced the default pages of the forum with a notice that they have been closed. The forum and the database powering it continues to operate though without the ability to post it has become somewhat of an archive.
Recently, as of January 2009 GNOnline released a statement on the Mir website stating the Legend of Mir 2, 3, and the Myth of Soma will be closing at the end of March[2].

@Scorpian.

Sorry Scorp, had to remove your links from the wikipedia entry. You run a Private server and not the official and so reference to your server has been removed - This is due to copy write I'm afraid.

There's enough information on net to decide for yourself, but as I've said. QGO never ran Mir 2. This was GN or Digi Bro for Mir 2 & QGO or GR for Mir3

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
wikipedia is nonsense, it's just articles published by nobody's. All that stuff about revenues is public information nothing special. This has been discussed many times and no one has ever managed to find a solid answer to whether GNO ran mir2 from day one :(

Anyway that still doesn't explain Hobers name and QGO in the same place (HobeR being one of the GM's from back in my day (03 ish)

mapadale

wikipedia is nonsense, it's just articles published by nobody's. All that stuff about revenues is public information nothing special. This has been discussed many times and no one has ever managed to find a solid answer to whether GNO ran mir2 from day one :(

Anyway that still doesn't explain Hobers name and QGO in the same place (HobeR being one of the GM's from back in my day (03 ish)
GN & GNO are the same company, so your answer to that is yes and also remember that the staff at GN wanted to run the server there way and messed around with the files. So this could be why that information appeared in there.

But QGO never ran Mir2

mapadale

Ok been speaking with a few people and though QGO never ran Mir2, GNO did run and screw up Mir3.

GNO and GN are the same company and infact ran Mir3 from when GQO/GR lost it which was in 2007, this could be why the information is in the files.