Question about editing items and adding new caves

Janae

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 18, 2007
I know this may look a stupid question, im not after much just a little starter tip on how to go about it like is there a specific program i need to use etc....i want to do it myself but just need a point in the right direction...

Thanks in advance.

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
specifically what do you mean about editing items? If it's changing an already existing inventory item just use any good paint program, remembering to save the altered image in the original format.

If you see a map you like, copy it in the map folder and simply rename it like map 0 bichon could become map J0 JanaeWorld :)

HTH

Upvote 0

Janae

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 18, 2007
specifically what do you mean about editing items? If it's changing an already existing inventory item just use any good paint program, remembering to save the altered image in the original format.

If you see a map you like, copy it in the map folder and simply rename it like map 0 bichon could become map J0 JanaeWorld :)

HTH

This is my first attempt at a mir 3 server so im a newb at it...i meant changing the stats and the name of a item already in the database and making new ones and adding the stats to them how would i go about doing it...I did do a search but couldnt find anything that covered this...if there is a thread I have missed im sorry...

Upvote 0

flamer91

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 5, 2006
enfield
and u called me a noob :)...enyhow there are certain programs that you will need to dl in order to do this i cnt remember the names of them cos there on other computer...but i'm sure i can set it up and look for you if ya want?

Upvote 0

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
Do you have microsoft office? If you do I would extract the std items and monster databases to ms excel format, makes it easier to work with them.

then i would go to the Released work link at the bottom of my signature and get the file:

In MS Excel format - notes applicable to items setup in SQL STD_Items

which will tell you what the different columns are for for each type of item.

There is also various other bits of info in the thread that may help your development.

Upvote 0

Janae

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 18, 2007
Do you have microsoft office? If you do I would extract the std items and monster databases to ms excel format, makes it easier to work with them.

then i would go to the Released work link at the bottom of my signature and get the file:

In MS Excel format - notes applicable to items setup in SQL STD_Items

which will tell you what the different columns are for for each type of item.

There is also various other bits of info in the thread that may help your development.

Thanks sounds hard but ill do my best. ill get office installed tomorrow...im at work in the day. :)

@flamer91 w/e dont need your sarcasm tyvm

Upvote 0

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
Dont turn this into another flame post please guys, i think Janae before you start editing items you should do some research first, look at items in the database and work out how they get there stats etc, look at Chimeras released work he has a nice post in there explaining what all the tables do. Just try not to run before you can work i think it will help you more to work out how it works before you work out how you can edit or make.

Upvote 0

flamer91

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 5, 2006
enfield
i wernt flaming or nuthing lol i was offering her some help but as she does takes it the wrong way... offers still there...

Upvote 0

Janae

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 18, 2007
Dont turn this into another flame post please guys, i think Janae before you start editing items you should do some research first, look at items in the database and work out how they get there stats etc, look at Chimeras released work he has a nice post in there explaining what all the tables do. Just try not to run before you can work i think it will help you more to work out how it works before you work out how you can edit or make.

Thanks Ill take your advice and do it like u said.

Upvote 0