Question about making new tiles for mir 3

Join Discord

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
Hi, just thought I would post as I'm pretty new to working with graphics on a pc. Basically I want to make some new tiles for mir3, by blending together some existing tiles. I'm just not sure what is the best way to do this. The basic idea is that I'm making a map that is basically divided in 2 by a river. On one side it's snow, on the other its a moonriverabyss type map. The problem is there are no tiles that exist currently to blend the 2 maps together, so was thinking of making around 30-60 new tiles from the existing ones, that gradually blend from snow to icy water, icy water to slightly less icy water, to normal water, and then to the banks of the moonriver side. I've got some basic graphic programmes, i.e. serif graphic plus etc, but can't seem to find a way of doing this with the current software I have. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
post 3 gradients of each tile for us to see.

i think this would be a really tedious task for something players wont even notice (if it looks good) if it looks bad, they will notice it for sure :P

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
lol it may be tedious, but it would mean I can finish the map im making with the look im aiming for lol. I'll post some of the tiles later on, am bit busy atm doing some work on my server pc lol