Rate My Website In The making

02goswej

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 12, 2004
United Kingdom
Hi, i am making a website atm and am currently in the proccess of redoing what is crap. So i need to know what needs changing (Except the pages info) So please can you rate my site out of 10 and list the Pros and Cons of it please :D thanx

http://terabytegaming.ath.cx/Home.html (THANKYOU KAORI!!!)

Now got a host :D

Last edited:

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
Hi, i am making a website atm and am currently in the proccess of redoing what is crap. So i need to know what needs changing (Except the pages info) So please can you rate my site out of 10 and list the Pros and Cons of it please :D thanx

http://terabytegame.no-ip.biz/Web Pages/Home/Home Test.html

It is running on a local connection so soz if its slow :/

Dint you understand the bit where it said it was running on a local machine, so hence why the link is currently down.

Looking good though, bit blue.....
No, i didn't understand that, because, quite frankly, he didn't say it, you will see that he said it would be going slow because of it running on a local machine, not about it being down.

Now what part of that "dint" you understand?

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
Number1 rule of decent web design: Only utter morons use only-images with no actual text.

and "you'r" is not a word

02goswej

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 12, 2004
United Kingdom
Number1 rule of decent web design: Only utter morons use only-images with no actual text.

and "you'r" is not a word

im trying somthing new lol, yer it kinda is eating bandwidth. If it doesnt work out i will change it but please just give it a chance and dont flame me :/

P.S "you'r" fixed

Last edited:

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
I'm not flaming, I'm merely pointing out, that only morons use only images. its a fact. If you happen to be part of that group of people, thats not my fault.

02goswej

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 12, 2004
United Kingdom
and what would make us morons just cause we are doing something different?

Are you being prejudice to images ¬_¬ what makes u segregate people that have a different way of doing something than you make them "morons" i am sorry but if you can't accept people who are different then you deserve to die :).

The sort of flaming you are doing is not direct. It is indirect and it is still directing at me, all you are doing is making it look like you are the victim where i am the victim in this crime :eek: by the "God" Dataforce.... i don't agree with your aspects on "God" (or anyone else's for a matter of fact) but i sure as hell wont stand by when someone using an OS such as Linux (Hahaha >.<) push me around :D

The reason i am beggining to become quite defensive about this website is almost EVERY reply i have gotten over it has had no tips what so ever all just been flaming me, taking the **** out of me and my website and putting me down. I am trying to do a project here as i have nothing to do as i have left school and need to wait till September for college. So please if you actually have ANY Helpful resource of tips please share. But if you have nothing that would actually help me progress any further please....stfu

To Dataforce, if you are an admin or "God" aren't you supposed to lower spam levels? and be a role model. The only thing i am picking up from you is spam, spam, flame, spam, spam, flame , helpful, spam, flame........ yes there may be a few helpful things around these dusty forums from you but that doesn't make up for you breaking the rules you are supposed to inforce upon us "morons".

To Kaori Thankyou for the tip, i will do it if i remember as im coming Canada tomorrow (21/06/07), you are hosting me on Linux what is a good thing as Linux is a brilliant "tool" for hosting but don't take it offensive if u have a Linux OS on ur home PC. I am giving my view to dataforce as he gets touchy over these areas :) as i saw in another thread what he went off topic in the middle of to discuss OS and he wasnt "God" enough to put the thread back on topic instead he carried on....anyhow...going bed got long flight tomoz...NN everyone..... NN Dataforce hope you dont choke on the Linux Penguin :)

Last edited:

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
Wow, You really do suck at "flaming" :P

and what would make us morons just cause we are doing something different?
Its not different, it was done, it was stupid and retarded, it failed. same with flash-only sites. Point me at any decent/big/useful/popular (pick 2 or more) site that uses entirely images, or entirely flash.
Are you being prejudice to images ¬_¬
No, I'm saying sites that use ONLY images are ****ing moronic.
what makes u segregate people that have a different way of doing something than you make them "morons" i am sorry but if you can't accept people who are different then you deserve to die :).
People being different, and people just doing moronic things are different.
The sort of flaming you are doing is not direct.
I'm not flaming you, I'm saying what you are doing is moronic.
It is indirect and it is still directing at me,
And others like you, you're not the sole benefactor in this.
all you are doing is making it look like you are the victim where i am the victim in this crime :eek:
I'm not making anyone look like a victim.
by the "God" Dataforce.... i don't agree with your aspects on "God" (or anyone else's for a matter of fact)
meh.
but i sure as hell wont stand by when someone using an OS such as Linux (Hahaha >.<) push me around :D
And what exactly is wrong with linux then? Ever used it? and i mean preoply used it, not just loaded it up and thought "ZOMG THIS ISN'T WINDOWS, I'M A MORON, ARGH, *reboot*"
The reason i am beggining to become quite defensive about this website is almost EVERY reply i have gotten over it has had no tips what so ever
Mine had a subtle tip, and a correction.
1) Don't using only images (apart from wasting bandwidth and being generally moronic - its a mark against website accessibility)
2) I corrected a typo for you

Also a new one:
3) Don't use flash for an animated banner, use a gif.
all just been flaming me, taking the **** out of me and my website and putting me down.
I called your method of design mornic, i never took the piss, flamed you, or put you down.
I am trying to do a project here as i have nothing to do as i have left school and need to wait till September for college.
Good for you, but for the love of god, do it right.
So please if you actually have ANY Helpful resource of tips please share.
http://www.w3.org/
http://www.w3schools.com/
http://www.google.com/
But if you have nothing that would actually help me progress any further please....stfu
I was helping, I was giving you the chance to correct a god-awful design decision before you have any content. I shall do as I please
To Dataforce, if you are an admin or "God" aren't you supposed to lower spam levels?
Its not in my job description.
and be a role model.
I am a role model.
The only thing i am picking up from you is spam, spam, flame, spam, spam, flame , helpful, spam, flame........
Theres at least 1 more helpful in there!
yes there may be a few helpful things around these dusty forums from you but that doesn't make up for you breaking the rules you are supposed to inforce upon us "morons".
enforce*
Technically being me, gives me the right to break the rules, so meh, if you have a problem with me, thats what "Questions, Complaints" is for.
To Kaori Thankyou for the tip, i will do it if i remember as im coming Canada tomorrow (21/06/07), you are hosting me on Linux what is a good thing as Linux is a brilliant "tool" for hosting but don't take it offensive if u have a Linux OS on ur home PC. I am giving my view to dataforce as he gets touchy over these areas :)
I think you need to go read the desktops thread again. I pointed out that windows is **** (which it is) and then having a constructive debate with other members of the forum.
as i saw in another thread what he went off topic in the middle of to discuss OS and he wasnt "God" enough to put the thread back on topic
1) The thread was called "June Deskops". (My desktop is linux, others use windows - thus it was technically perfectly on topic)
2) It was in "General Off Topic" which doesn't strictly enforce an level of on-topic-ness.
instead he carried on....anyhow...going bed got long flight tomoz...NN everyone..... NN Dataforce
OH yay, I got my own nn! I rule.
hope you dont choke on the Linux Penguin :)
I'll try not to!

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
Oh, and just for fun, lets say with your current design you wanted to add a new section.

You would need to change (at my count) 7 images, then to add another, 8, and another 9.

Thats one reason why using images-only sucks.
Second, as you said yourself, bandwidth issues
Third, its just stupid. If i decided to make lomcn convert all text to images, would you honestly think it was sensible ?

02goswej

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 12, 2004
United Kingdom
Oh, and just for fun, lets say with your current design you wanted to add a new section.

You would need to change (at my count) 7 images, then to add another, 8, and another 9.

Thats one reason why using images-only sucks.
Second, as you said yourself, bandwidth issues
Third, its just stupid. If i decided to make lomcn convert all text to images, would you honestly think it was sensible ?

:eek: a helpful post, wow

im redoing the site in about 7 weeks when i get home from Canada