Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
LogView V2
By LeoCrasher
-----------------------------------

Description:
Small utility to aid server owners in quickly viewing the logs saved by their LogDataServer.

Download:
LogViewV2: http://leocrasher.co.uk/LogViewV2.rar
NOTE: If you have problems loading the program, download THIS and extract to your c:\windows\system32 directory. Finally, run 'fixvbrun.bat'.

Example Usage:
1. Open program
2. Enter location of your LogBase directory into the approapriate textbox
3. Press fill list.
4. Select a log, then press 'view'.

=========================================

Features!
-Fast file reading
With LogView, you can read and understand your logs in seconds. Searching is also faster and builds more relevant results than Windows Search.

-Open multiple logs in order
You can open many logs in the same window by holding CTRL and clicking the logs you wish to see. When you click view, they will be displayed in order!

-Log searching
Build relevant searches containing only the entries you need by searching all logs for a term/logcode you specify. You can even specify a date range to speed things up.

-Easy access context menus
Save time by right clicking on a log entry, to see a range of options from searching for a particular username, to copying entries.

-Copy to clipboard
Incase you need to save custom entries elsewhere, you can copy log entries to the clipboard so its available to paste into any other application.

-LogCode editing
If ever you update your logdataserver, or come across a logcode LogView doesn't recognise, you can update the logcode list yourself.

-Automatic saving of paths
No need to remember paths, LogView will save them for the next time you open the application.

-ConLog viewer
Easy to see whose been logging into your server, and how long they've spent online each session. You can search for IP's, chars, users from here too!

Screenshots
Main window + context menu:
LogViewV2.png

Conlog viewer:
LogViewV2con.png

LogCode editor:
LogViewV2edit.png

Search dialog:
LogViewV2search.png

Download:
LogViewV2: http://leocrasher.co.uk/LogViewV2.rar
NOTE: If you have problems loading the program, download THIS and extract to your c:\windows\system32 directory. Finally, run 'fixvbrun.bat'.

/Leo

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Quick FAQ

Q: How to I view game logs?
A: Go to the tab titled 'GameLog' and press 'fill list'. You can choose a log to view from there, or you can opt to search the logs. Select a log from the filled list and press 'view' or press 'search' to search various logs.

Q: Its quite annoying viewing one log at a time, especially short ones. Is there anyway I can open more than one log at once?
A: Yes, once you have filled the lists you can select multiple items by holding the CTRL button and clicking the file list entrys. You can also use the SHIFT button to select a larger range of files. Once done, press 'View'.

Q: When viewing the logs I've noticed that LogView doesn't report an action, or reports the wrong action. What can I do about it?
A: Goto the LogCode Editor tab where you are able to edit the various logcodes to suit your logdataserver.

Q: I've done the above, but it only seems to be reporting things for certain items.
A: This is because within the options of your m2server, you have neglected to include all your items on the list of things to log. Explore the menus offered by the m2server.

Q: The searcher only lets me select a date range, but I only want to search one day, how can I do it?
A: Simply put the same date as both the start and end date.

Q: When searching, it takes ages to complete. Can anything be done to speed it up?
A: LogView is quite efficent at parsing logs. Its more than likely that logview is being limited by the speed of your hard disk. Either buy a faster disk drive, or narrow the date range of your search.

Q: (Scenario) I'm trying to find someone whose been hacking my server, how do I trace their activities?
A: First you will need either a character they've logged on to, or their IP address. Say you have their Character Name, goto the Conlog tab, fill the list and press 'Search'. Within the search dialog enter their char name (case sensitive). This will list all the IP addresses they've used. You may want to copy this list. Now do a similar search for their various IP's and see the characters they've accessed. With the list of characters effected, you can use the Gamelog-search to find everything they've been up to.

Q: I have a suggestion for the program. Who do I contact?
A: You can either PM LeoCrasher on LOMCN.co.uk, or email me at [email protected]

/Leo

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
seems i have a small problem

I have all VB6 runtime files and its sp6 but have no luck using the viewer

does it matter what folder its in does it need to be in c: or can i just extract it to where i downloaded it .

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
correct me if im wrong, but isnt that vista? maybe it hasnt been configured to work with that operating system.

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
@Elvin.
Thats the typical error of a bad VB runtimes installation - the solution of which I have covered both in the included text document, and 'Download' section on the original post.

I'm afraid the following piece of help is a terrible, but unavoidable insult to your intelligence, but I do hope it will aid you in performing the solution, thus I will repost the link for you in big letters here;
LeoCrasher said:

/Leo

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
@Elvin.
Thats the typical error of a bad VB runtimes installation - the solution of which I have covered both in the included text document, and 'Download' section on the original post.

I'm afraid the following piece of help is a terrible, but unavoidable insult to your intelligence, but I do hope it will aid you in performing the solution, thus I will repost the link for you in big letters here;

/Leo
ur right it is an insult cos i did evertything you posted on the first post
thats why i posted the image and asked some nooby questiuons

Last edited:

Turtle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2003
in a box
any one got this download? would help alot as leo's site is down and have spent some time looking for a log viewer, thanks for any help

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
I need the fixvbrun.bat aswell :-/ Cant find it anywhere

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
I know a guy called Zenith who is on the DevilSoul Team, he made a logview program for Mir2 a few months back, Ill ask him to dig it out for us :).

/Haz

gizzy0001

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 26, 2005
this no longer excisted the site is nonexcisting leos vanished ages ago lol