Request - Encrypted Wills Viewer

Join Discord

BloodDemon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 20, 2003
Darlington, UK
I know its bouncing around somewhere but its who you know not what not you know in the world of mir. I was wondering if some one could share the latest wil editor that opens the latest encrypted wills some Chinese clients have been using. This will benefit the community alot.

Thanks for your time
Chris

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
u mean hh8 wil editor that opens all wil files? the one thats readily available on lomcn?

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
The chinese clients you are speaking of - are they official clients or those developed from DM2?
If they are developed from DM2 each client will most probably have different encryption and your best bet is comparing the wil initialise structure of the standard dm2 client to the client you want to open the wils of and then writing your own unit.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
He's talking about the new wils the chinese release i think so unless you get the chinese to give you one or make one then i doubt it will be possible.

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
If you can get me a chinese client and a chinese encrypted wil then I could probably write a new reader for them. Unless the structure is completely 100% different.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Well thats the thing our clients read them fine can see them in-game etc its just the viewers that are dodgy so they can't be that different.

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
In which case I would probably just turn the vb code to delphi for the wil reader. I'm guessing the header structure is wrong. I'll pop on msn now :P.

Skunkmeister

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 10, 2007
the mir2 wils can be seen just by locking a bitmap then copying the data straight form the wil to scan0, if the client can read them then they must be the same? can we have a link so people can try.

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
That's what I was gonna try skunk :). I just need some wils to experiment with :) links welcome.

MoaningMurtle

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2007
Untited Kingdom
I found a wil veiwer ages ago on a chinnese FTP got got rid of it now. It could open wil's that our wil views couldnt.

It was a chinesse modded version of the gadget's wil viewer, so they do exsist just search the FTP's

Way I found the FTP's was transtaling Legend of mir3 to chinnese then searching google for the chinnese. :)

Skunkmeister

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 10, 2007
the wil file header is name(61) count(4) colorcount(4) pallettesize(4) verflag?(4)
= 77 bytes (a string and 16 of data)
the header for the image is width(2) height(2) xoffset?(2) yoffset?(2) dunno(4) = 12 bytes

afaik

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
I got many of wil files that when i try to open i get a msg saying 'access denied' so if you want to try with some of them then by my guest. ill speak 2 u on msn. [email protected]

there are things that people say maybe encrypted but its just that the reader dont like going past 65,000 images >.<

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK
some of the encripted wil files will open with kaori's mim viewer

you can find it on kaori's website, me and kaori try'd to get the weapon.wils to open up but failed that was the only file that had changed hh8 wouldnt open any of them so i opend with mim viewer and used the rebuild wil function - rebuilt to mir2 type1 .wil and then hh8 opens them fine but still no joy with the weapon.wil

i believe the indexing is different on the new wil files which is why the viewers wont open and read the images, also the clients wont display the images from these .wil files unless there rebuilt as said above.

there is a chinese open source website where i believe the source for the .wil viewers can be found:

www.codeok.com - you may be able to find a source for the wil viewers there if thats any help ?

you will need to run on google translator or run a 3rd party program which will translate the webpage

other then that iam also stuck with a 500meg weapon.wil that i cannot open but would love to be able to as the item.wils are awsome and show some nasty weapons.

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
So far I have figured out that the wils are only different in the fact the offsets inside the wil have been changed. The wix files are the original so therefore a number is being added to the offsets read from teh wix files.
To work this out I need to know how the numbers in a wix file correspond to a file offset in the wil file.
does anyone know this?

say the wix file has an index number of two bytes, 38 04 for the first image in teh wil? how do I get the offset in the wil file from that number?

If someone can help me with that it is the key to the encrypted files as I could then work out the change in offset.

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
Half way down the files I managed to find anotehr header - the original wemade header. It's all quite odd. Looks like two files.
IT's been developed from DM2. This makes things a lot more tricky - this is a custom encoding of a wil. It could have been done any number of ways and will require quite a bit of trickery and some time to get at these images. If it is at all possible. Originally i thought they would have just modified teh headers but it looks a lot more complicated than that. The whole file from the header onwards has been encryped.

Last edited: