Rise of the Archons [2.6+] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Re: Rise of the Archons - Rule of the Arcane Lords

To confirm, will XP ACPI make you faster like it usually does? Or is the benefit so minimal its pointless, as someone above posted before you could gain like a x1.2 speed advantage with it...

Guess you'll find out on the 14th.

Ultima_GM

LOMCN Leecher
Jun 25, 2004

Looks like a really exciting server.:emmersed:

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester

To confirm, will XP ACPI make you faster like it usually does? Or is the benefit so minimal its pointless, as someone above posted before you could gain like a x1.2 speed advantage with it...

That was not about this server.

We have not had a problem with cheating on Arcadia or Project69 for over 3 years. Anyone who tells you different will probably also use the same phrase "tbh not even played Arcadia" in the same sentence.

Account server online for registrations:

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England

Guess we're find out tomorrow, if you see people literally skipping across your screen there either speed cheating or using XP with the ACPI tweak.

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015

if acpi tweak is possable will u still make this a cause of cheating ?

---------- Post Merged at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:31 AM ----------

i know it isnt cheating ( in my opinion it is kind of as it is making it a unfair advantage ) just wanting to know the issue on it

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

---------- Post Merged at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:31 AM ----------

i know it isnt cheating ( in my opinion it is kind of as it is making it a unfair advantage ) just wanting to know the issue on it

no doubt if anyone is fast they will be banned... il be recording most PK anyways so anyone dodge il just send to GMs... server wont last if people seem to think they can get away with cheating/ACPI

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014

Well hopefully the GM's wont share your opinion and will see it as cheating and ban anyone caught doing so.

IMO it is cheating, its giving you an unfair advantage over other players. If it was a "feature" of the game it would be available in the game as standard for everyone.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015

That's fine I'll dust off my XP pc just in case :) al

Mecha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 28, 2015
Essex

Problem. I have downloaded and installed the patcher, when I press play, the mir server won't launch. I understand it's not currently online but wondered why it won't launch? I need to be ready for this tomorrow!

SilvaRoberto

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014

Problem. I have downloaded and installed the patcher, when I press play, the mir server won't launch. I understand it's not currently online but wondered why it won't launch? I need to be ready for this tomorrow!

mineis the same so i assume its normal friend

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England

mineis the same so i assume its normal friend

thats how it should be until release I have the same issue and got a reply of the below, read there forums!

Nebulos;n1159 said:
Clicking "Play" on RotAPatch.exe searches for RotABoot.exe, which then tries to boot RotA.exe.
Nebulos;n1159 said:
The latter RotA.exe is not on the patch server yet and so when RotABoot.exe runs, it exits silently.

So deano13 that behaviour is normal and correct thus far

Not sure why some people have a different set up unless they have been dabbling!
Worse case scenario (if someone thinks they have messed up) is that you need to download and install the 1MB version of the patch installer, and install it over the client. This will restore the correct base files and the patcher will correct any other problems - if there are any

Last edited:

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

mine loads up and just says connection clsoed or something... unsure what everyone else is doing.. lol

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

seems to be working fine for me, but cant connect yet as its not online

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014

ye i dont get to this screen :/

Copy the Mir2.exe to your desktop - rename it RotA - paste it back in the Legend of Mir 2 folder

However like deano said its going to get patched tomorrow with the correct launcher and will work from then.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

I have RotAPatch.exe and RotA.exe make sure you got them I guess...

SilvaRoberto

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014

whispers in the north are rising that there was no wipe before launch......