Rise of the Archons [2.6+] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
Re: Rise of the Archons - Rule of the Arcane Lords

Ha, that is such a funny post. You're on your 3rd re-release, I'm on my 5th. How are you any different?
The only difference is I know when a server is dead and its time for a new project, you do not. Why keep a server online when no1 even logs on? Sorry but I won't waste money on a dedi host for no one.

Of all 5 servers I've ran, they've have all been huge successes. You make out like my servers go up and down every month for a quick buck.
Each have been very well populated and a few have hit well over 200 user count.
The reason I've ran 5 servers and not stuck with 1 I've already explained. Mir is a hobby and I will do whatever I find fun and keeps me motivated.

The same server always becomes boring and will hit some form of limit. Time itself is a big put off for users as well. Does anyone new join p69? No because its 15 years old. Ye sure its an achievement, go you, but honestly what is the point?

Also fiveheroes currently has 32 users, p69 has 12, and arcadia has 67 stalls, not sure where your 15 usercount comment came from???

Here I'll leave you with something from the fiveheroes archive
21d54d1.jpg

I dunno why your being bitter, I've already acknowledge you make good servers and I'm sure Archons will be good. All I've said is that having a server online for 15 years isn't anything to boost about. Your actual server content though, ye sure, boost away, its pretty good lol. As a server creator you easily rank up there

Lol, I was obviously trolling because you get yourself into a right ruckus over posts. Nice bite. But seriously, are you that deluded?

1) Because, Bon, I started in 2002, and as a smart man you would be able to work out 15/3 = 5 years a server. However, you started in 2007?, 10/5= 2 years a server. Very different numbers. To make it similar, I would need to be on server number 7 or 8 :lol easily done with server-copy-reboots I suppose

2) Clearly you just pointed out people are logging on. Having an unwavering dedication to the people, however few, that wish to play the game has served me well, and clearly bothers you so much

3) On all 5(?) of the servers you have run, hit well over 200 user count? Yikes, i'm so proud of you. Let's talk numbers, Arcadia had 370 on launch day, Projec69 had 320 at it's peak in mid 2004 (at 2 years old) before Lapta provided an alternative, and dare I say it even he thrashed your "200". As for Chronicles, well, triple, quadruple?

4) People play it and people enjoy it. New people come every now and again, and people return for a few laughs every once in a while. Enough for me to stick by it.

5) 15 was obviously a troll but thank you for logging on to count the stalls

6) I actually loled at the image. I guess you have lower expectations that me. Wasn't Arcadia 3 years old at that point?

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

Mum and Dad are fighting again :cower:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

Lol, I was obviously trolling because you get yourself into a right ruckus over posts. Nice bite. But seriously, are you that deluded?

1) Because, Bon, I started in 2002, and as a smart man you would be able to work out 15/3 = 5 years a server. However, you started in 2007?, 10/5= 2 years a server. Very different numbers. To make it similar, I would need to be on server number 7 or 8 :lol easily done with server-copy-reboots I suppose

2) Clearly you just pointed out people are logging on. Having an unwavering dedication to the people, however few, that wish to play the game has served me well, and clearly bothers you so much

3) On all 5(?) of the servers you have run, hit well over 200 user count? Yikes, i'm so proud of you. Let's talk numbers, Arcadia had 370 on launch day, Projec69 had 320 at it's peak in mid 2004 (at 2 years old) before Lapta provided an alternative, and dare I say it even he thrashed your "200". As for Chronicles, well, triple, quadruple?

4) People play it and people enjoy it. New people come every now and again, and people return for a few laughs every once in a while. Enough for me to stick by it.

5) 15 was obviously a troll but thank you for logging on to count the stalls

6) I actually loled at the image. I guess you have lower expectations that me. Wasn't Arcadia 3 years old at that point?
I feel honoured that you actually went and searched for the date my first server got released :victorious:.
also none of my servers have been copy-reboots they've all been different, but thanks for taking an interest :cheerful:
370 stalls is not an achievement, sorry :(
I knew you'd like that image :P

Last edited:

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015

I feel honoured that you actually went and searched for the date my first server got released :victorious:.
also none of my servers have been copy-reboots they've all been different, but thanks for taking an interest :cheerful:
370 stalls is not an achievement, sorry :(
I knew you'd like that image :P

370 stalls is an achievement, no one else's had that many stalls :dejection:

Equinnox

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 22, 2017

I actually think it's rather cool that P69 is still playable to this day. Even though it's dead scorp cares enough to leave it up and running.

student123456

LOMCN n00bie
Aug 28, 2015

all scorp needs to do is put some time into p69 and people will flood back to it nearly 160 on it and cba leveling to it because i had everythink at 150 lol just needs new content thats about it lol

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013

Sometimes last year when server I played ended, I made acct on Arcadia and ran to BW only to find it chock full of stalls with nobody around. And what I saw and heard running there (frogs chirping lol or something like that) put me totally off, so depressing with those stalls and mir so modified as not to be a mir anymore (actually felt in some ways like mir3, or more exactly, what put me off playing mir3 when it first came out (~2003?) and reeking of stale everything. I say gimme crystal mir anyday.

I totally agree, stalls are the bane of mir.
Still will give this a chance, keep open mind LOL

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

it's been tested and it'll take 40minutes + to get to level 6...

Last edited:

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014

it's been tested and it'll take 40minutes + to get to level 7...

That sounds pretty fast to me :P is that on the current live server at 10x EXP?

Have they confirmed the release EXP yet? 1x? 2x? 4x?

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014

I see the download has gone live :) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1westy1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 10, 2004

And what a crap way to do it, forcing people to share it, I find it very.. erm lame.

You can post it to ******** as "Only Me" who can see it, then just delete it afterwards.

But yes, very lame.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

Good luck on your server.

Hopefully I'll be able to play on live for a bit.

Last edited: