Rise of the Archons [2.6+] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
Re: Rise of the Archons - Rule of the Arcane Lords

Well, I played 12 hours was really enjoying it...

Playing solo getting 50 Exp per mob, then a group of 15 people come along... they add me to the grp and I am still getting 20+ exp. at this point I lost all motivation because the grp exp far out weighs solo.

Good luck with the server, just shame there was no Open Beta to high light it.

i like the group exp, make it's actually fun and socialable tbh, we had a whole group ranging from level 12-18 clearing insect cave last night, was the most fun I've had in a long time on Mir.

Last edited:

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003

i like the group exp, make it's actually fun and socialable tbh, we had a whole group ranging from level 12-18 clearing insect cave last night, was the most fun I've had in a long time on Mir.

Had exactly the same feeling yesterday.

Kazababy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 23, 2007

Played the server all day yesterday until 3 in the morning last night

Once we figured out its better to stay in low lvl areas a bit and get achievements done we were all set

Grouped with with 3-5 people doing the achievements in order (as its hard to solo mystic imo).

When we got the oma achiv we started to get a bigger group going to kill fast

Got to insect cave and we were up to 10-15 people

Then had a final blowout go of WT with 17 people which was awesome

Was lots of fun, hope we can get some more groups up today and do it again.

/Boolcrap

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China

General:

1. Is there PI, GI ingame? getting bored of hunting wooma temple now as it seems to be the highest cave available to us atm?

2. also i would suggest making a guide on the notice board to inform players of where they should be leveling etc as i get a lot of questions asking where they should level.

3. For new players watching this i would suggest following your achievements "A" as its quite slow until 15 but once you get some skills and get into groups with other players its not too bad.

Can you add a usercount to the game?

Is there a craftslady ingame to craft gems as i was wondering if there is a use for mining.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Classes: I have been leveling in groups of 5-17 and have had chance to see a lot of classes.

Fire Mage: their hp seems really low as i constantly kill them in 1 hit which is lucky since monks only get 1 hit every 5 seconds lol but i still think 1 hit is a bit extreme.

Monks: Monks hp is really low on this server its even lower than a sin which i find rather strange? i think they should have hp slightly lower than warriors and slightly higher than sins.

This is all i have noticed so far but im sure there is other issues.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Items:is there any rare items on here? it just feels like everybody has the same kit since SC has gone and merged with MC also none of the kit is rare and its just the same kit dropping over and over. It would be nice to see some rare items that can drop from special mobs and bosses like crystal armour and sort of like items similar to boundless rings n tae guks etc that are slightly rare but drop from subs n bosses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Towns: There is a bias with the towns at the moment as BW offers higher level items compared to tao village. e.g. tao village only offers skill books upto 12 but BW offers books upto 28 and BW offers a place to sell stones but tao vill doesent etc. Can you fix this or allow us to change our home location?

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Tbh I'm enjoying it lol...

Never been a fan of the early game, but once i figured out where to go and my skills started unlocking and my element damage spell came into play, things got a lot easier.

I admit its a little strange struggling to kill Oma's at the start but....it's quite enjoyable.

Although got no quests after the first bunch and the achievement list is rather small....after WT, i won't have any left lol....i can only assume this will all be added to as time goes on?

Guess i'm just all over the new take of Mir...whereas a lot of others are expecting a similar experience to other servers? I like the change...although i am concerned with how the spell tree will level out...feel like i'll be a little short soon.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015

I love the server, lots of things i feel have been missed in beta though , i dislike the difference in armours, for example lvl 11 > 22 on a sin/hunter with no armor upgrade is horrendous , dont understand that

Towns without NPC's
I struggle to see how we will get more skill points? iv nearly done my achievement list , hoping theres more?
I think theres to many items dropping, my bag is full within 5minutes of a hunt, although i can understand its lowrate so shouldnt be able to hunt for hours
Warrior accuracy - seems a joke?

I am however loving the fact WT/IC etc are actually fun to level in , i do like the items every couple of levels as an incentive, i do like the skill trees and i like the legendary/intelligent mob system , adds a very fun element.

GG Shop - Subscription package is great, however £2/3 watever it is for 1hour of exp boost is kind of crap, but i understand its lowrate so accept that.

Also, do you have plans to implement patch notes? so we can see what you're acting on.

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015

what was the reboot for ???

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

How's everyone downloading this? Downloaded the full.exe someone shared a few days back, but it still just starts downloading the files from the patcher anyway after extracting. Frustrating at <0.1mbps

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham

This all looks really good...

except.

Item exchange and Stalls

Why would you do that? Why? Why? Why? Why?

Why not just use the TM?

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

This all looks really good...

except.

Item exchange and Stalls

Why would you do that? Why? Why? Why? Why?

Why not just use the TM?

there is no stalls?

and on your interface there is a TM

Last edited:

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham

there is no stalls?

Item exchange and Stalls
Most items can be exchanged safely between players using the in game trading system which allows up to ten items plus gold to be traded between parties. This enables a secure method of selling or trading loot that you have found but may no longer need.

Players can also set up Market Stalls to sell their wares, setting specific prices for items ready for other players to come along and buy them. Stalls allow you to set prices in different currencies.

Why you lieing for?

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham

come in game show me a stall and prove me wrong?... there is a working TM on your interface, explain why the GM would use stalls too?

I wouldn't know I've not logged in.

I get the information from the advert, if it's wrong who's fault is that.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

I wouldn't know I've not logged in.

I get the information from the advert, if it's wrong who's fault is that.

post from GM.

The "auction" part of the auction house got rejected, it was very messy and confusing. It may make an appearance in the future but sadly not for now.

But we rejected the idea of stalls in favour of the Auction house (Trust merchant style)

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham

post from GM.

The "auction" part of the auction house got rejected, it was very messy and confusing. It may make an appearance in the future but sadly not for now.

But we rejected the idea of stalls in favour of the Auction house (Trust merchant style)

Good.

Stalls suck.

floryn1234

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 10, 2010

im askin my self siting here like 5 hours till i started that autoPatch and he downloaded just 306 files from 4k really ? 50 kb/s what its this ....
it will take 4 days to download it try another site to upload it i wont sit here to download 4gb in 4 days i got an internet with 300mb/s download and upload 250mb/s

Last edited:

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China

Is it just me or do people feel that the exp is a bit too slow on here? i played euro for years and i'm pretty sure i leveled faster than this I'm in the top 1% of players in terms of levels and i have been at level 23 for 7 hours now and im on 46% its only because its easter weekend that i can spend a little extra time on it but once im back to work i dont think i would have the will power to spend the few free hours of my night to make a few %.

btw unless you have reached level 23 then you wont really understand the above as exp lowers lots after 23. level 18's are getting more exp per mob in WT than i am and the mobs are level 25-30.