Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 28, 2005
Brighton
Hello

I have a Linksys router
there are 6 computers connected to it
is there a possible way to dissconnect someone from a pc
instead of just taking the wire out of the router??

Thanks for the help

/evilgoku

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Don't you dare tell us the model :p.

Dizon

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2006
On mine you cant no... why would linksys want such feature ¬_¬ lol.

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
You MAC address blocking/filtering. Only allow the computers you want to allow ^^

Well, not sure if this feature is on linksys, but i know its on belkin :P

Sean

Developer
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
May 13, 2003
Depends on the model, but hopefully you should be able to enforce some kind of restriction - check your admin panel :)

Dizon

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2006
On the router my isp provided you can set what packets go where. Which i found usefull for hosting ect to stop any lag issues.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
On the router my isp provided you can set what packets go where. Which i found usefull for hosting ect to stop any lag issues.
Am i seriously dull or has that post got hardly any relevance lol?

Anyways, i myself don't think Linksys have any such feature now that i think of it, however if you use a third party software, your guaranteed to have something you can block someone with. Tell us the model of your router, and be sure to include the version.

For example, i use a WRT54G v5 which supports third party software named DD-WRT Mini ONLY due to the hardware (the RAM to be exact) not being capable of running the normal DD-WRT version.

Carefull with flashing your router (installing the new OS), there always is a slight chance you could brick your router to a state where only a JTAG? cable would be the only way to restore it. If you need any assistance, PM me.

Perebble

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 11, 2006
www.atomicide.com
You can set the PC you want to block to have a static IP of 192.168.1.150 (or w/e) then filter that IP from connecting to the router (if that's what you mean).