RPC Crashes your computer every 60 seconds.

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform

NeoPuma

www.neopian.co.uk
VIP
May 22, 2003
South Wales, UK
Well...all i no is its bad...i got like 20 people on my msn with it...i just dont want it (Thank god i update my windows :))

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
its kinda hard to not connect to the net when u on bb. :(

Gladiator

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2003
Thnx for the warning and ill save update just in case my mates get it.

Rick-e

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2003
Brighton, UK.
I THINK I GOT WHATEVER THE HELL YOUR TALKING ABOUT :(

WIN 32 SHUTDOWN

initiated by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM!!!!

ahhhh
hehe but dont worry its sorted, i think this thing is what i got is what u mean, SilentDragz told me how to stop it temporarily

i may aswell tell u

Start > Run > type "shutdown -a" > then hit run

ty for the help silentdragz

Coolio

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2003
London, England
i was runnin internet as i installed it o.O

i got anti hackin stuff an scanners an i didnt have the 60 second thing i installed it incase it did happen, but i had internet, what will it do?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
anyone know how this worm is caused? has it got anything to do with lomcn, or just an internet thing?

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
Cause of "Worm/Virus": A hacker attempted the RPC DCOM exploit on PayMir's servers, causing it to affect all current and previous connections to their servers.

What does it do?: The worm attempts to connect on port 135 or another windows port, if your firewall blocks all those ports you're safe, if you install the patch, you're safe.

Why should i disconnect my internet?: Only if you have got the effects of the "Worm/Virus" so as to stop the computer rebooting whilst you install the patch.

Rick-e

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2003
Brighton, UK.
sounds like the thing i got :( i cant get that patch thingy working, it freezes as it gets to "Creating Restore Point" thanx to silentdragz i can stop the auto shutdown, but I WANNA GET RIDD OF THIS CRAP!:(

Rick-e

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2003
Brighton, UK.
i turned on my firewall which for sum reason was switch off,

then i get a message saying, "Do you want program MsBlast.exe to access the internet?"

i click "Never"

and i keep getting access attemps at.....wait for it.......port 135!! wohooo, stupid hackers, ok, i need a perm soloution for this silly problem?

Rick-e

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2003
Brighton, UK.
that was fun after installing the patch, i ran an AVP and found out i had 13 infected files....but i think everything is ok now :).

Once again, big thanx to SilverDragz for helping me get rid of the nasty viruses.

i think we have all learnt something from this. i made the mistake of not having a firewall or AVP, moral is "Always use protection" :D

LeoCrasher

Great info, shame it came two hours too late for me :(.

Another thing... I decided to reformat my system to get rid of this, yet as soon as I managed to get back online, it happened again.

Would I be correct in saying that someone must have a script running that keeps sending users this... initiaion?

/Leo

Rick-e

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2003
Brighton, UK.
yes i would think so, a continuously running script, i cant see someone sending it thru to several ppl manually every like 10mins :P