Solved RubyM2 Files merchants dont sell everythingany help?

smoochy boys on tour

Snake

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 27, 2003
Manchester
Hey I'm currently setting up a server with the rubym2 files, while testing I found the merchants only sell about
half of what I put on them to sell. For the life of me I cant figure out why, when I look at the shop in game it
just stops halfway down with the name and info of the last item (halfmoon in bookshop) not there just the
price but you cant buy it. Same with a few others I checked any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance SnakeZ.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Delete all files in market saved and prices and wait 5 mins for server to reload them.

Upvote 0

Snake

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 27, 2003
Manchester
tried that a few times before i posted this is a last resort for me look 3 posts in 9 years lolz

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

there any reason it could be stopping making the files half way through each one cuz thats what it looks like its doing :S

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

well just tried it for like the 10th time still the same thing and still im not getting any errors at all its making all the files it should do just half the stuff in every shop missing really fustrating me now ive tried many things anyone any idea's? I'm all out i think :(

Upvote 0

Untamed

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 2, 2005
manchester
We found the problem, the item list on some of the merchants is too long for the npc to process all of the items assigned to that Npc. The Npcs need the piece of coding to extend the list, so its bigger than the default number assigned.

We got around this by creating another npc along side it and splitting the list between the two just as a temp fix, but it would be handy to know the bit of code we need to extend the list?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Untamed

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 2, 2005
manchester
Cool, hopefully that's the issue its what i'm guessing anyway.

P.s Iceman i added you on MSN

Damn old account tricked me !!!!! o.o

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Snake

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 27, 2003
Manchester
will show 26 but only 25 of them work the 26th one doesnt show name and cant buy it eg Halfmoon in bookstore

Upvote 0

shanem82

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 8, 2011
I seem to have an unendless list of stuff to sell but medium armour will not show and i get this on the m2 server when i load it up

[18:39:53] ITEM NAME > 14:MediumArmour(M)
[18:39:53] ITEM NAME > 14:MediumArmour(F)

but its all spelt right any ideas lol

Upvote 0

shanem82

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 8, 2011
yes and when i log on the gm char i can make any item in game like normal but this armour wont and then the m2 server message appears in the logs lol i must be doing something wrong im not really bothered by it just thought it be handy for the noobs on the game like i really like the ruby files and really like to help on them not sure where tho lol

Upvote 0

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
ok download my new rop files.

use the db server m2 and mir2 exes then i released dbs on a tm post in ruby forums

try that.

Upvote 0