RunesCape:P

Archa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Bristol ,England
lvl r u? might have something laying about.

also i finish work at 10, so prob wont be on till about 11 ish.

/Darkunit

Last edited:

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
First and foremost, this should be in the "Other Computer games" Section
Secondly - do you REALLY play a game with these sort of graphics??

runescape2.jpg

Archa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Bristol ,England
obviously u havent played for 6months + as thats old settings on your layout.

=P.

and yesh, i do, as theres no d load, and web based, with a large comminty. saves time and effort =D.

/Darkunit

AgentSmith

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 30, 2003
Sheffield (S2)
got to give it its props but tba if your younger than 15 you shouldn't be playing it as it will stunt your gamin growth, my example would be people who log into WoW and Guild Wars and spam WTT runscape items for xx items on server. from a guild wars point of view weapons don't determine how successfully you are at the game the use of skills do.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
The graphics are horrible yes, however the gameplay is actually VERY well thought through and if it actually had a community which would not consist of 12 year old retards, i would have to call it a good game.

Peart

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 14, 2006
Runescape is for 13 year old cretins who don't know any better than to sign up for shi‪tty games because their parents won't pay for WoW.

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
The graphics are horrible yes, however the gameplay is actually VERY well thought through and if it actually had a community which would not consist of 12 year old retards, i would have to call it a good game.
Exactly.

Graphics is not everything in mmorpg games. A game with a bad graphic, but a really good story/gameplay and community will be more fun then just a game with great graphics.

Ye its fun at the start, playing game with great graphics, but after a little time you get used to the graphics, what left is just the gameplay/community/story.

Usually companies tend to base the story to fit high graphic, they will make really stupid stuff like adding bosses that have nothing to do with anything just to show great graphics to the player, unlike low graphic stories that focus mainly on the story instead.

Ofc the main factor that make a game a great game is the players who play on it, sometimes games manages to get great peoples with awesome personality sometimes they don't, its not only how the game is built but also luck.

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
Exactly.

Graphics is not everything in mmorpg games. A game with a bad graphic, but a really good story/gameplay and community will be more fun then just a game with great graphics.

Ye its fun at the start, playing game with great graphics, but after a little time you get used to the graphics, what left is just the gameplay/community/story.

Usually companies tend to base the story to fit high graphic, they will make really stupid stuff like adding bosses that have nothing to do with anything just to show great graphics to the player, unlike low graphic stories that focus mainly on the story instead.

Ofc the main factor that make a game a great game is the players who play on it, sometimes games manages to get great peoples with awesome personality sometimes they don't, its not only how the game is built but also luck.

You've never actually played a "high graphics" game have you? Lineage2 has arguably the best graphics out there and there is a lot of content in that game.

A storyline doesn't make a game great either, what use is a decent storyline if the gameplay is crappy?

WoW being a "high graphics" game by your definition has a huge and ultimately still progressing storyline. Every single boss in the game ties into a larger storyline, aside from the final raid bosses in each instance which are the end of a particular storyline. 8.5 million people play WoW and it's not because of the graphics, but because its ane exceptionally well executed and planned game.

Mir is a poor graphics game, yet there is no real storyline to that at all. Its like "hey some oma's invaded, and there's some temples with **** in em" then people spend 2 years killing bugs in a cave 24 hours a day and the only reason for this is the fact the bugs are there. There are no character tied into the bosses etc, its just a decision on a whim to go there and kill some ****ty boss for no reason other than the fact that once a year it might drop something good.

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
You've never actually played a "high graphics" game have you? Lineage2 has arguably the best graphics out there and there is a lot of content in that game.

A storyline doesn't make a game great either, what use is a decent storyline if the gameplay is crappy?

WoW being a "high graphics" game by your definition has a huge and ultimately still progressing storyline. Every single boss in the game ties into a larger storyline, aside from the final raid bosses in each instance which are the end of a particular storyline. 8.5 million people play WoW and it's not because of the graphics, but because its ane exceptionally well executed and planned game.

Mir is a poor graphics game, yet there is no real storyline to that at all. Its like "hey some oma's invaded, and there's some temples with **** in em" then people spend 2 years killing bugs in a cave 24 hours a day and the only reason for this is the fact the bugs are there. There are no character tied into the bosses etc, its just a decision on a whim to go there and kill some ****ty boss for no reason other than the fact that once a year it might drop something good.

Before I start I just wanna say that something that is good for my taste doesn't have to match anyone else's taste, when I play I usually focus on the story and not on killing all the time.

I think you totally missed my point, my point was that I would prefer game that have better story/gameplay/community over game that have great graphics. It doesn't mean that high graphic mmorpg cannot be good at this, but usually as I said already, the developers are trying to build the story on the graphic and not the way it should be. Its not that I will not play mmorpg just because it got good graphics (well, since now my good computer has no internet, and I cannot play on it, I dont really have much choice, but thats not the point), but if I have to pick good graphic vs story/community/gameplay I will not go on graphics.

What you just said about Mir kinda sum my point, I usually don't play games that just include running after bosses and kill them, but from time to time its fun just to kill stuff, after all we are humans. Usually I prefer games that have massive amount of story. I played tibia for a long time, the quests there are crazy, huge amount of information that everything can be used somewhere, there are 170k peoples playing (and tibia was never advertised), and you can actually do a quest that no one ever done because no one found it.

True I never played WoW, but from what I saw on some sites that explains quests ect and the story, and from asking friends, Tibia has way better story, and gameplay and community. If you die in tibia you loose 2%-10% of your exp (and you can loose levels), and the backpack you have will always fall and the items you have got 10% to fall down, and lets compare it to WoW, you cannot kill someone who annoyed you, only maybe to lure stuff on him but its not exactly the same effect. The death's in tibia make it very interesting, if someone die he loose a lot, so peoples are being careful, it also giving the high levels chance to control to community at some sort of a way, so you can understand that peoples will communicate way more then in WoW.

MMORPG is built from MMO (massive multiplayer online) RPG (role playing game) and in both I think tibia is beating WoW, MMO because whats the point of playing if you don't talk to other peoples and you don't interact with them, and RPG because i never found any other game that has that amount of quests/riddles ect.

I am playing what I am enjoying, when max payne came out, I was playing zelda quest on gameboy, but after a few days I came to zelda quest just because I liked it more, the graphics are not that important for me.

You said it yourself, that you prefer great 2D game over normal 3D game, so there is very little to fight over it, I fully accept it.

Last edited:

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
Well first off, there is tons of communication in WoW, and although there is no death penalty as such, other than running back to your corpse to res, things can still be exceptionally frustrating.

Yes in some ways a death penalty makes things have more risque, but in WoW you can kill opposing players with no penalty at all, aside from possible retribution at a later date meaning the PvP is very open and active. Warcraft is very item centric and it can takes months to earn items, therefore people would not want to lose them in seconds if they disconnect or whatever.

You don't need a death penalty to make a game more exciting PvP wise at all. If you compare all online games for how annoyed people get when they die, then you would probbaly find Counter Strike comes out on top, a lot of people are absolutely livid when they die on counter-strike, yet they lose nothing at all when they die, other than a few minutes while the round finishes.

Now, as much as you will probably try to argue with me on this, games with modern graphics are more challenging skill wise because the addition of a 3rd dimension to the game instantly gives you far more to think about. Hiding behind obstacles, using terrain to your advantage to name two things.

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
Well first off, there is tons of communication in WoW, and although there is no death penalty as such, other than running back to your corpse to res, things can still be exceptionally frustrating.

Yes in some ways a death penalty makes things have more risque, but in WoW you can kill opposing players with no penalty at all, aside from possible retribution at a later date meaning the PvP is very open and active. Warcraft is very item centric and it can takes months to earn items, therefore people would not want to lose them in seconds if they disconnect or whatever.

You don't need a death penalty to make a game more exciting PvP wise at all. If you compare all online games for how annoyed people get when they die, then you would probbaly find Counter Strike comes out on top, a lot of people are absolutely livid when they die on counter-strike, yet they lose nothing at all when they die, other than a few minutes while the round finishes.

Now, as much as you will probably try to argue with me on this, games with modern graphics are more challenging skill wise because the addition of a 3rd dimension to the game instantly gives you far more to think about. Hiding behind obstacles, using terrain to your advantage to name two things.

First of all, I bet you never played MMORPG that have huge death penalty, its just different experience, there are peoples that can commit suicide if they die in tibia, dying in CS is nothing compare. I cannot really explain how different tibia is from no death penalty games, its just not the same category. And trust me, I have played CS, Gunz and some more, tibia pvp was way more exciting and not just for me, ask any player who play tibia what is more exciting.

And I am not going to argue about your last paragraph, I already said, the fact that I prefer thinking on my games, doesn't mean everyone do.

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
First of all, I bet you never played MMORPG that have huge death penalty, its just different experience, there are peoples that can commit suicide if they die in tibia, dying in CS is nothing compare. I cannot really explain how different tibia is from no death penalty games, its just not the same category. And trust me, I have played CS, Gunz and some more, tibia pvp was way more exciting and not just for me, ask any player who play tibia what is more exciting.

And I am not going to argue about your last paragraph, I already said, the fact that I prefer thinking on my games, doesn't mean everyone do.

I played Lineage2 which as a 10% experiance penalty when you die, and you can drop the items your wearing, as well as those in your bag as well. At level 70+ a single death can undo an entire days worth of work, and if you drop an item at that level, it could takes months of saving to replace it. Also the better your items the faster you level so a dropped item would slow down your entire leveling speed seeing as you would more than likely have to buy and use an inferior one.

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
I played Lineage2 which as a 10% experiance penalty when you die, and you can drop the items your wearing, as well as those in your bag as well. At level 70+ a single death can undo an entire days worth of work, and if you drop an item at that level, it could takes months of saving to replace it. Also the better your items the faster you level so a dropped item would slow down your entire leveling speed seeing as you would more than likely have to buy and use an inferior one.

I never played lineage 2, but it doesn't change my point that mmorpg don't need good graphic to be good game.