Scaffolding at work.

smoochy boys on tour

linzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 10, 2004
rochdale
Just wondered if anyone could help me on a matter, this isn't linzi, I work as a security guard and on site there is renovations with alot of scaffolding and building materials left about, now my boss expects me to walk under all the scaffolding that has been put up, which i havn't been doing, can i refuse to do it if he tells me i've got to? health and safety etc?

thanks liam

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Yeah, just refuse to and demand a risk assessment and such.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, trip over really, really dramatically on some left over rope or what ever the **** is there. And Injury Lawers For You that ****!

linzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 10, 2004
rochdale
We've got a tagging system were using basically i have to scan a plastic ring that are stuck to walls around college, but im missing three of them due to the scaffolding and my boss knows about it although he hasnt said anything about it yet. We guard 7 of the colleges in our area and at the weekend a guard had only done 2 patrols in 12 hours so he's had his wages cut and only been paid 2.5hours for 12hours which i dont blame them as he didnt do anything he should of done, i just dont want them docking my wages because im missing these 3 tags :(

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Just say you're not going anywhere near 'em until they're 100% sure it's safe and you're covered. But being a security guard I suppose you have cover with the job anyway.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Wheres the helmet...

No helmet...No entry.

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!
PPE should be supplied by Employer, If his not given you the correct equipment, then you don't have to do it, but if his supplying you with correct equipment then in all fairness you should be doing this.

(Also make sure the scaffolding has correct tags on them, and also if they have been touched by someone who is not qualified to, you can also tell him to fo!)

xx

linzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 10, 2004
rochdale
Right, i've not been given any sort of equipment for safety, thats the main reason why i am not going anywhere near it, i'm not walking under anything without a helmet, my boss has not said anything about it so far, so i'll keep doing what im doing till he does! :) @work now and there's 30+ builders on site so there aint no chance me doing it anyway :)

linzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 10, 2004
rochdale
Pfft lazy! im doing 6 12 hour shifts a week, i see my kids and wife (yes were now married) 4-5 hours a day, patrols are now taking between 15-20 minutes and i have to do them every 40 minutes.. i got legs the size of kingkongs arms haha >< just wish the rest would match :p

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Or you could do it... Get a mate to chuck a rock at you and Kerchinnnnnnng!!!!

lozmuir

Former Moderator
VIP
Apr 17, 2003
Congleton, Cheshire.
Wouldn't it be wise to talk to your boss? Personally, I would explain why I'm missing 3 tags and tell him what I need to be able to complete my job.

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
There needs to be a risk assessment done and PPE provided, most likely your boss will just tell u to carry on avoiding it.