Server And Bandwidth Usage

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
I've done some searching and I know it basically comes down to how many people are on the server, what there doing and what the mobs are doing.

Basically I need to know am I ever going to use 3300gb of bandwidth in a month?

What sort of player base would I be looking at to come near my transfer rate? I worked that 3300gb gives me roughly about 4.5gig an hour of bandwidth.

Thanks

Tallos

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 7, 2009
I'm honestly not certain, you'll obviously need someone who knows for sure to reply, but I can't see it even coming close to that, as that's an insane amount of info, however this is just my attempt to re-assure you as logically it seems fine... However I could be wrong. :x

Upvote 0

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
Thats what I thought at first, but when I started working it out in seconds ect its not a huge amount.

One other question, what set of server files would you use as your base?

Thanks again

Upvote 0

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
Dont think anyone will know the bandwidth you will use, because its so hard to say how many peeps will play

But i can give you a tip on server load tho, 99% of peeps never adjust the market load so its a defo to do if you do put a server online.

If you dont know what i mean about market load go Envir\Market_Def

Adjust the time and amount of your shops

Exsample
;Item Amount Time
(HP)DrugSmall 200 1
(MP)DrugSmall 200 1

Make it like
;Item Amount Time
(HP)DrugSmall 50 100
(MP)DrugSmall 50 100

More so on crappy items that no one will buy

This will make a huge diffrence on your pc memory and help keep lag down

lif

Upvote 0

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Lol i used to host a server 24/7 on a 30gb monthly allowance with around 50 users, Never used it all.

You should be fine

Upvote 0

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
i think when ppl connect nad log on and that its only bytes that are sent back and 4th, nothing major like mb or ne thing

Upvote 0