Shield

stephenking

I HAVE A DREAM!!
Developer
Aug 28, 2005
Netherlands
another new shield im working on
if enough ppl like it i will continue work on it

its has the texture of one of the shields in WOW(worldofwarcraft)

ingame screen:

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
i like it, its good stuff mate.

Can i suggest on your next sheild you try something abit more original, such as the bones sheild off diablo 2, it would look amazing ingame. (attached below).

Attachments

• BoneShield.jpg
    BoneShield.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 151

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
looks awsome bud, try making some sheilds from lineage2 which they are simpley awsome

look how nice this shield is http://www.lineage2.com/Knowledge/item.html?category=armor#itemsTop
/ancient

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Doom shield
Zubei's Shield
Kite Shield
Shield of Castle Pledge

they all look good :x

stephenking

I HAVE A DREAM!!
Developer
Aug 28, 2005
Netherlands
i like it, its good stuff mate.

Can i suggest on your next sheild you try something abit more original, such as the bones sheild off diablo 2, it would look amazing ingame. (attached below).

does this look ok to you ?

or you realy want to have it the shape off the bones (like you will see through the bones)?

(i changed the texture as you must know i cant just use an image)

ingame screen:

upclose texture image:
Front/Back
SkeletonShield.jpg

stephenking

I HAVE A DREAM!!
Developer
Aug 28, 2005
Netherlands
i lightend up the texture and got it ingame
i still need to lighten it up a bit more imo
its hard to see the details in the shield

ingame screen

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Chester :P
very nice stephen, tbh we r lucky to have u here atm, i mean ur doing more than alot of us (including me) have done over the past few years

i personally feel that looking thru the bones more is going to look better but its all just peronal prefrence at the end of it

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Yeah i think it would be worth considering making it able to see through the bones,

but either way that looks amazing.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Can you tell me how your doing this you seem to be chucking out new shields and you need 4x every direction and action images for one item you got something that rotates and saves it for you?

Would love to know as we could make armours/weapons aswell ^.^

stephenking

I HAVE A DREAM!!
Developer
Aug 28, 2005
Netherlands
Can you tell me how your doing this you seem to be chucking out new shields and you need 4x every direction and action images for one item you got something that rotates and saves it for you?

Would love to know as we could make armours/weapons aswell ^.^

i modeled a shield and positioned it so it would have a motion scene

so basicly i rotate the geomatry i modeled to all the right positions and key them to there frames

then i render out every single frame so that comes out as 600 images all being 640x480 in size

i then cropp all the images to 60x60(or whatevver seems fit for that purpose) (i wrote an application for this to speed up cropping 600 images:P )

so that will leave me with all the images to add to the wilfle

so then how can i create new shields that fast??
once a shape is completed i can just apply a differant texture and voila i got a new shield hence why many have the same shape but differant texture

so making that boneshield look through the bones i wil have to create a new shape so that means starting all over again with a new project

for armours it aint that easy as you wont have a naked model to go with that means creating a new human model from scratch and that doesnt seem so easy (i tried many times to attempt a armour but failed )

i hope this explains abit:D

Last edited: