shud i join wool??

smoochy boys on tour

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Chester :P
right iv been thinking of doing this for a while and after i recently deleted mir 2 i was thinking sum more *but then it hurt so i had to stop*. i will admit i miss mir alrdy, but i want to giv wool a try.

the only problem is i dont want to get to attached to the game bc i start my 7 courses on the 18th so im guna need a hell of alot of time to do that.

i would just like to kno wots different b4 i get it an is it as adictive as mir is??

i think thats all for now :)

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Any MMORPG can become Adictive - Woool is a LOT like Mir2, Mir3 etc - the spells are even the same (Firewall etc). the basics of the game is this:

1. Click on a Mob
2. Hit the mob until it is dead
3. Move onto next mob
4. level up, get some new gear
5. Find a new place to hunt once bored or high enough level.
6. Log off - Switch off.

Why not try a Different type of game, something you can play so long, switch off and come back where you left off? RTS, FPS, God games etc etc...

Oh and to answer your questiont then:

MOBS
Different from mir2 ones but has been ripped already by many priv Servers - so you have probably seen them all before.

Spells
3/4 i would say are the same as Mir2, Firewall is Firewall no matter how you look at it.

Chars
You can be a Warrior, TAO or Wizard - sound Familiar??

Maps
yer there Different

Tech Specs
Runs in either 800x600 or 1024x768, can be full Screen or Windowed.
Some text Still in Chinese on interface, lots of bugs which cannot be fixed as of yet. Some new features of course, check the server adverst to give an idea.

Whats it look like?
Again look at server adverts to see if suits you.

Last edited:

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Any MMORPG can become Adictive - Woool is a LOT like Mir2, Mir3 etc - the spells are even the same (Firewall etc). the basics of the game is this:

1. Click on a Mob
2. Hit the mob until it is dead
3. Move onto next mob
4. level up, get some new gear
5. Find a new place to hunt once bored or high enough level.
6. Log off - Switch off.

Why not try a Different type of game, something you can play so long, switch off and come back where you left off? RTS, FPS, God games etc etc...

Oh and to answer your questiont then:

MOBS
Different from mir2 ones but has been ripped already by many priv Servers - so you have probably seen them all before.

Spells
3/4 i would say are the same as Mir2, Firewall is Firewall no matter how you look at it.

Chars
You can be a Warrior, TAO or Wizard - sound Familiar??

Maps
yer there Different

Tech Specs
Runs in either 800x600 or 1024x768, can be full Screen or Windowed.
Some text Still in Chinese on interface, lots of bugs which cannot be fixed as of yet. Some new features of course, check the server adverst to give an idea.

Whats it look like?
Again look at server adverts to see if suits you.

thnx for that info buddy. im guna download a server client an see if i like the game.

i kno wot u mean about any rpg beeing adictive tho -_- anyways ill giv it a try an if its to weird for me i think im guna delete it str8 away lol.

oh whilst its downloading does the items still have mir crap like acc agil a.speed acc holy ect ect on the weps an items??

also do the items contain like dc sc an mc (or sumin like that) to tell them apart like dc = war sc = tao mc = wiz

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
As far as i know yes they contain all the same stuff as Mir2 - bascially the easy way to think about this is:

1. take Mir2
2. Redesign most of the mobs/maps/armours etc
3. Call it Wooool

Its fun to play, different enough i guess to mir2, looks a lot better and has some features you wont see on mir2 such as Box Event, maps Shaking as a Boss Mobs takes his pills etc.

What have you got to loose? Download client, play for a week or so, see what happens...

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
As far as i know yes they contain all the same stuff as Mir2 - bascially the easy way to think about this is:

1. take Mir2
2. Redesign most of the mobs/maps/armours etc
3. Call it Wooool

Its fun to play, different enough i guess to mir2, looks a lot better and has some features you wont see on mir2 such as Box Event, maps Shaking as a Boss Mobs takes his pills etc.

What have you got to loose? Download client, play for a week or so, see what happens...

cheers bud. guna download a client as soon as i find 1 lol. the 1 i found was 750mb. that wud take around 3/4 hours todownload which idnt have tonite.

candy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 5, 2006
the spells in woool are no way the same as mir2. Yes there are some you will already know, but theres loads of new cool spells. Woool is everything mir3 shouldve been + a whole lot more. Ive been playing it for last few weeks and gotta admit im hooked.

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
the spells in woool are no way the same as mir2. Yes there are some you will already know, but theres loads of new cool spells. Woool is everything mir3 shouldve been + a whole lot more. Ive been playing it for last few weeks and gotta admit im hooked.

can any 1 grab me like a low mb client just to get me started an then ill get the files that i need more when im playing :) thnx peeps

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003

What a load of Bollocks, here is the list of tao Spells for example:

Healing
SpiritSword
Poisoning
Curse
Soul Symbol
Summon Skelly
SummonCorpse
Hiding
Subsitute
MassHide
SpiritShield
Holy Armour
LionRoar
Traphex
SoulWall
MassHeal
SummonShinsu

Are you saying that none of these are in Mir2 or 3??

As for Woool been what mir3 should have been - LOL - I can whip off a list of things that Woool just does not have that is standard even in earlier versions of Mir3.

I would say it is Souped up version of mir2 7 no more - lets not even forget about the bugs present etc...

Joopers*

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 10, 2006
Behind you
To be honest, i wouldnt bother

I downloaded it and at first i was like yeah this owns!

But after a few days i just didn't like it that much anymore, well that's me you might aswell have a try lol..

Thanatos

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 26, 2003
Sheffield
i think woool is an acquired taste, some will like it other won't... Can't find that out unless u test it. Unfortunatly its not my thing :P

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Its a bit like asking:

"Should I play Lineage2"
"Should I play WoW"

Some people love the game, some hate it. he was asking is it worth the effort and is it much different. my view having done a hell of a lot with the server files and played it quite a lot is that there was not enough different for me personally over any other 2D Isometric game such as Mir2, mir3 etc. It can be as addictive as Mir2 which he was trying to Avoid - as I said, any MMORPG can get addictive as you play for "just 5 more mins" to try and level up or whatever.

MrMike

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 9, 2004
Its true some people h8 the fact of lvlin up they just wana be like lvl a million wid everything ......

All MMORPG's are based on the same thing Mobs, maps , items ,spells !!! its just the way they are layed out and how they are actually played =D I aint played wool but i might have a go 2 =D hehe i love mmorpg's cpos in some ways u play and yeah okay sumtimes its boring BUT then u think .... hmmm in 3 lvls or wateva i get this new kit and oooh a new spell or 2 lets try get here and it goes on 4 ever lool >< well u get wat i mean

JackBauerCTU

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2006
should join DSM(DistantSoulMates) nice server, good exp and a friendly community, whenever your on guarantee atleast more than 4-5 people on at the same time. lvl 20 so far - you get starter pets and they own been on atleast 2hr max.

candy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 5, 2006
Its true some people h8 the fact of lvlin up they just wana be like lvl a million wid everything ......

All MMORPG's are based on the same thing Mobs, maps , items ,spells !!! its just the way they are layed out and how they are actually played =D I aint played wool but i might have a go 2 =D hehe i love mmorpg's cpos in some ways u play and yeah okay sumtimes its boring BUT then u think .... hmmm in 3 lvls or wateva i get this new kit and oooh a new spell or 2 lets try get here and it goes on 4 ever lool >< well u get wat i mean

you should try wow tbh. I still play wow almost everyday and am still gobsmacked by some of the bosses and the level of team work and tatics it takes to down these guys. Its also alot more story/quest driven so you dont think like the endless grinding to level up. I must admit wow sucks if you play alone, but if your in a high end raidng guild no other game even comes close.

user00

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 15, 2003
Romania
you should try wow tbh. I still play wow almost everyday and am still gobsmacked by some of the bosses and the level of team work and tatics it takes to down these guys. Its also alot more story/quest driven so you dont think like the endless grinding to level up. I must admit wow sucks if you play alone, but if your in a high end raidng guild no other game even comes close.

some ppl prefer not to give money for a game :) and wow private servers suck imo

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
right iv decided im guna giv it a week trial. does any 1 kno were i get a client thats worth less than 700mb ?? i dnt mind downloading a few files at a time to make up a client or even downloading bits as i go thruther into the game an i need them more ect ect like the maps.