SijoMiR - Development

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Squatts

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
Can I ask, When do they think the next beta will be? or do they have a plan on when they will open he server officially? I hope there is going to be some big advertisements going on for this? It really is a marvelous peace of work. They didn't promote Avatar by just shouting in the street did they?

Really looking forward to smashing this one out! Good work guys - Keep us on our toes :D

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
We hope to have another beta phase at the start of next month. This gives us enough time to make changes to what we already have in-game and then add more content to create diversity for players. Hopefully we can provide some screenshots and videos of our new content in the coming weeks just as we've done previously.

Thanks for all your feedback guys. We read every post that you all have made, be it negative or positive, and we hope to adapt SijoMiR to have something for the majority to enjoy.

Squatts

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
We hope to have another beta phase at the start of next month. This gives us enough time to make changes to what we already have in-game and then add more content to create diversity for players. Hopefully we can provide some screenshots and videos of our new content in the coming weeks just as we've done previously.

Thanks for all your feedback guys. We read every post that you all have made, be it negative or positive, and we hope to adapt SijoMiR to have something for the majority to enjoy.

As an add on to my post and yours then, when the next BETA opens I take it all we have to do is click the Mir icon we've already installed which takes us to the patch-updater. Then the we can patch the new content without having to download the full client again? Is this correct? Or have I got the pooey end of the stick?

Thanks in advance.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
As an add on to my post and yours then, when the next BETA opens I take it all we have to do is click the Mir icon we've already installed which takes us to the patch-updater. Then the we can patch the new content without having to download the full client again? Is this correct? Or have I got the pooey end of the stick?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah this should be the case :)

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
And this phase would also be wiped I assume?

It's hard to predict at this point. If we can get working content with a proper balance to the game we don't see why not but we'll see what happens. It's not as easy as you'd think trying to balance new content :P

Squatts

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
It's hard to predict at this point. If we can get working content with a proper balance to the game we don't see why not but we'll see what happens. It's not as easy as you'd think trying to balance new content :P

Well, what you guys are developing is a masterpiece. And as far as I'm aware these things take time. Presumeably - "There is no shortcut to any place worth going".

When the next BETA stage date is released is it possible that you can let the SiJoMir2 Community know a.s.a.p if you intend on wiping the server or not? - Only say this because some asses will geek it up for 2 days grind away, then get pissed because someone has announced a wipe...

Only suggesting this as a means of damage control to the community.

Squatts.

p.s I don't know why we would want to protect the asses of the community but there ya go. Some people say i'm Too caring!

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Well, what you guys are developing is a masterpiece. And as far as I'm aware these things take time. Presumeably - "There is no shortcut to any place worth going".

When the next BETA stage date is released is it possible that you can let the SiJoMir2 Community know a.s.a.p if you intend on wiping the server or not? - Only say this because some asses will geek it up for 2 days grind away, then get pissed because someone has announced a wipe...

Squatts.

p.s I don't know why we would want to protect the asses of the community but there ya go. Some people say i'm Too caring!

This time we will decide if we will wipe or not before we release on the day of the next beta to ensure people fully understand what we are trying to accomplish during our next beta phase. That way people won't be pissed off but its what testers should expect from any beta for any game, be that alpha, closed or open.

PRIMO

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Nottingham
cant wait aslong as u dont release 6-7th of june as thats the missus bday. would hate for her to be alone while i lvl :P. nah i joke, jus dont wanna miss first few days as there often the most fun.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Squatts.

You're just clueless dude lol.

This server simply does not support testing (E.g. no upped exp, uppped drops, decreased skill exp etc), if you want things tested in a legitimate way (Such as wiping afterwards) then you remove the fact of gaining advantages over bugs. Don't force your player base to play the exact same as what would be on the live server.

You either run it as a test server, up the drops, the exp and make it generally easy to achieve things so everything can be fully tested and quickly, then wipe it afterwards. With such an increase nobody would be tempted to avoid reporting (Such as a bugged quest I found that i could hand in without even completing it, giving 5k gold reward each time), afterall, why bother gaining an advantage to be wiped later?

Run the server in the live way (Actual planned exp, drops, quests the lot) and then say "Maybe wipe" is not good enough. People will avoid to report certain things to gain their advantage, and because of that will end up being wiped regardless.

All of that ontop of the fact nobody wants to be in hard work for a "Possible wipe"

It's simple logic...Mir is a grind fest, whether you like it or not. People will push to become the best through leveling and insane amount of hours in game...you can't seriously suggest people to do that, AND test all your content just to be wiped?

I for one will be happy to test the **** out of this server, but i'm not going to grind my way through your content for xx hours a day, only to be wiped afterwards....it would simply destroy my want to play it again.

Funny saying...I will grind to be the best, but I will not grind to test. If you want testers, make it easier to accomplish, let us fly through the levels and give us drops/lowered skill exp to do that...then change it back to the realistic drops for the real server.

Last edited:

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
You either run it as a test server, up the drops, the exp and make it generally easy to achieve things so everything can be fully tested and quickly, then wipe it afterwards.

So what your saying is run the server with increased experience, drops and spawns rates, all of which by the way are vital parts of the balancing that we are actually trying to test for our server? -.-

Fair enough if we were a standard euro clone but we're not. That would of meant that 90% of the work would have been already made for us. Also fair enough if we previously had worked out correct balance between everything and had some sort of content which was some-what balanced which we found out not to be the case which resulted in us deciding to take the server down and work upon the feedback that we've received. If we were at this stage of balancing we would increase the server rates so that everyone can properly test everything quickly, we're not that stupid.

Are you sure you quite understand what we're doing? To me that read seems to make me think that you thought that we thought that we had a balanced server ready for players to play which was not the case at all.

We've gained what we needed from our beta. Nothing more, nothing less and now we're making decent progress in the balancing and development of our server in preparation for our next beta testing.

Last edited:

ziiid

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 18, 2013
So what your saying is run the server with increased experience, drops and spawns rates, all of which by the way are vital parts of the balancing that we are actually trying to test for our server? -.-

Fair enough if we were a standard euro clone but we're not. That would of meant that 90% of the work would have been already made for us. Also fair enough if we previously had worked out correct balance between everything and had some sort of content which was some-what balanced which we found out not to be the case which resulted in us deciding to take the server down and work upon the feedback that we've received. If we were at this stage of balancing we would increase the server rates so that everyone can properly test everything quickly, we're not that stupid.

Are you sure you quite understand what we're doing? To me that read seems to make me think that you thought that we thought that we had a balanced server ready for players to play which was not the case at all.

We've gained what we needed from our beta. Nothing more, nothing less and now we're making decent progress in the balancing and development of our server in preparation for our next beta testing.

I think it is possible that people misunderstand what you mean by balance. I think people may believe your just balancing classes, correct me if I am wrong tyraes but I believe its more than that, your wanting to balance item drops, exp per mob, exp per level, item shop costs and sale cost, monster difficulty, monster density, stats on items, spell damage for all classes, stats per level, class hp/mp and the list goes on.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
I think it is possible that people misunderstand what you mean by balance. I think people may believe your just balancing classes, correct me if I am wrong tyraes but I believe its more than that, your wanting to balance item drops, exp per mob, exp per level, item shop costs and sale cost, monster difficulty, monster density, stats on items, spell damage for all classes, stats per level, class hp/mp and the list goes on.

Yes that's correct and as you say the list goes on and deeper and the longer the list gets the more difficult it is to calculate small changes making it harder to balance but we're close to what we want. Once we've cracked what we want we can add content in a couple of hours.

Last edited:

Squatts

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
You're just clueless dude lol.

Haha. Sonic - you are one funny "dude". I think YOU'RE the clueless one - as quite clearly you've displayed a sense of not knowing wtf is going and what the developers of this server are trying to obtain in the beta.

There's your answer, Sonic :P.

So Tyraes, I think it's a great idea to inform everyone if there will be a wipe or not. I just worry that people will get bored of the dreaded "wipe" and not actually play until the server is open officially.

However, you will get players like myself and a few select others who... are happy to grind a little bit because then we get to know what drops what (kind of) and where to hunt for good exp (if it doesn't get rejacked differently after beta). At the moment I'm playing AceM2 as that's just a clone of Euro but with the new M2files. Pretty kool and hard grinding... but will leave that server once this is up and running.

All good tho, Ty & Co. kepe up the good work and try not to get too bogged down with the community asses... not mentioning any names **COUGHSONICCOUGH** :P

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
I may have misinterpreted what exactly they were testing for (Not exactly my fault lol) but the facts still remain...there will be very few who will want to grind just to test...end of

I honestly hope people do test, but I won't be as I will get bored if the server if I have to re-grind lol

Squatts

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
I may have misinterpreted what exactly they were testing for (Not exactly my fault lol) but the facts still remain...there will be very few who will want to grind just to test...end of

I honestly hope people do test, but I won't be as I will get bored if the server if I have to re-grind lol

Which is a fair point really. All depends on what your intentions are. I love Mir. And I think it's great what the developers are doing and trying achieve.

Some people will want to explore the new server, even if it's getting wiped.
Some people will grind on a server that they know is going to be wiped.
Some people can't be arsed and just want a bit of fun but aren't going to lvl up knowing full well there is going to be a wipe.
Some people just want to help out anyway they can so they will go bug hunting themselves, testing things out.

The thing I think the developers shouldn't risk is losing people due to their arrogance. I'll leave you with this...

A great server is nothing without great people...
And great people are nothing without a great server.
You can't have your cake and eat it,
Without losing your community forever.

(Now I just made that up but it makes sense). If you don't tell people the server will be wiped until the last minute when you go official - people won't want to play due to the way they've been treated. So you'll get more response out of people if you tell them if it's going to be wiped or not.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
I grind to test so I can get valuable information on what classes are the most beneficial to my play style. No other reason, I'm willing to bet most people do it for personal benefit also. If it wipes, great, everyones on an even footing and I now know what I want to play.

Problem comes when what you test then ends up changing in the next test... and well, all that information you've learnt on balance per class etc and play style becomes naught and wasted.

Kamikaze

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 21, 2005
Your not playing beta to gain knowledge, your playing to test for the developers. So they can gather information and see what is working and what isn't working. Never grind in a beta! Play what your willing to. Devs should help out by giving people kits and levels for newer content, on a test server or beta server. To make sure its right before they add that!

Squatts

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
Your not playing beta to gain knowledge, your playing to test for the developers. So they can gather information and see what is working and what isn't working.

This is incorrect because people play to find out what is new and coming in. New kits/items/leveling caves/bosses etc.

If these get taken out... you're not losing out. You gain knowledge of what could possibly get released sooner/later/never. As apposed to not playing the beta and just playing the official version.. when you come up against a Deer that is taking more than 5 seconds to slay you would already know this because you challenged it in the beta.

This runs parallel to testing, because in theory that's what testing is.. gaining knowledge.. in whatever field be in Testing for a cure for cancer, or testing a beta server.. regardless you are testing... for knowledge.

Conclusion: You just contradicted yourself Mr.Kamikaze.:P

Last edited: