SijoMiR - Development

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord

Bountyhunter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 20, 2003
When you hover over item in your bag with mouse, you not see what is currently equipped in slot which is annoying for lazy people, want to see comparison of which item is better.

Auto targeting same in all servers? Even when running / potting, can cast a t bolt on the mob with cursor nowhere near, bit easy mode.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Auto-Target has been a Mir feature for a long time now lol, and its been a welcomed feature and doubt they would remove it

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
There is also auto-potting yes lol. I personally don't use it as it sometimes isn't necc to pot ALL the time (Such as 1 last kill before a level), but it can be useful but makes it hard to use potions sparingly lol

hegewes

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 21, 2010
is there anyway to check updates news made last night? i see there r some prices changed and new gear on sale in shop

Bountyhunter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 20, 2003
Awwwww..there is no point to wipe without major bugs between beta time.

There is, It's beta which everyone knew it was. I don't know any other game that holds a beta then doesn't wipe on real release even if no major bugs, because so much needs tweaking and when people read beta, a lot will wait for real release.

Why you wouldn't wipe would be a mystery.

edit: would be so unprofessional and unfair on others.

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
There is, It's beta which everyone knew it was. I don't know any other game that holds a beta then doesn't wipe on real release even if no major bugs, because so much needs tweaking and when people read beta, a lot will wait for real release.

Why you wouldn't wipe would be a mystery.

edit: would be so unprofessional and unfair on others.

this is a mir private server.. unprofessional would be not to advertise in game there is going to be a wipe.
i don't believe it even states there would be a wipe in the first post? (correct me if im wrong.) not everyone reads through 22 pages of crap.

comparing a mir priv server to any other online game in-terms of professionalism is redonkulous, this server avg around 40 users, while other games are in the thousands, and run by business's.

if there was a major bug found that couldnt be dealt with without wiping i would agree, but for the sake of avg 40 players, its not worth the hassle of threatening your user player pool, when the likely hood of finding more players in this community is slim at the best of times.

Last edited:

Bountyhunter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 20, 2003
this is a mir private server.. unprofessional would be not to advertise in game there is going to be a wipe.
i don't believe it even states there would be a wipe in the first post? (correct me if im wrong.) not everyone reads through 22 pages of crap.

comparing a mir priv server to any other online game in-terms of professionalism is redonkulous, this server avg around 40 users, while other games are in the thousands, and run by business's.

if there was a major bug found that couldn't be dealt with without wiping i would agree, but for the sake of avg 40 players, its not worth the hassle of threatening your user player pool, when the likely hood of finding more players in this community is slim at the best of times.

Well I know it's only a private server on a dead game nobody plays any more, and the years? I think they've spent on it, I would of thought it would be done properly. fyi I won't even play this server. Thanks for your long thought out response

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Well I know it's only a private server on a dead game nobody plays any more, and the years? I think they've spent on it, I would of thought it would be done properly. fyi I won't even play this server. Thanks for your long thought out response

What your seeing is about a month's work of server development in-game right now, bare in mind we're also a small team of developers recreating everything from nothing. The thread started in 2011 but we've transferred files to Ace. Now, bare in mind our mind set is totally custom so we've had to remake all maps again so that the server feels right as you play it as Ace files support 32bit GFX. All of our old maps were designed around our 8bit GFX province. All the work we did a year ago isn't being put into our new server. The province you're seeing in-game took me 16 days to create.

The server will be done properly and we have our minds set on exactly what we want to create. As it's in beta nothing is balanced properly yet until I make an update for that sometime today. In time this will be one cracking server once we get our current content balanced, add a lot more content and then introduce custom features and idea's that we've been wanting to add for ages.

And as for wipes we will not wipe yet but we plan wipe to after we announce that the server will be going live. How long will this take is another question as we want to tweak and balance this server properly but until then our beta will remain open. We'll also be updating the server and have patches every few days which changes, possible new content and more so they'll always be something different to find as we develop more and more.

If you don't like the fact that we are wiping then all I can say is if you want a decent, stable Mir server with a completely new Mir experience that is very balanced economically, statistically and technically then you'll have to either play beta and help contribute to the servers development or wait till we go live.

I'd also like to thank everyone for their support, issue reporting and idea's that they've been giving. Been really nice to receive so much positive feedback.

Tyraes

Last edited:

MCDONALDS

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
Southampton, UK
Will it be gettin wiped after beta?

A wipe will not happen if everything goes well and everyone reports bug finds quickly. My main concern is how the economy will build itself but everything else seems reasonable. More information tomorrow.

So what didnt go well then ?!!?!?!?! changing ur mind coz we outlevelled your content too quick and you cant keep up??? basically.

Last edited:

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
I've just read no wipe if everything goes well, i dont understand anything anymore. Can some1 from Sijo confirm if there will be a wipe or not ?

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
I would quite simply get bored if I have to re-level, it's not exactly easy to do on this server :P

Sadly when it comes to Mir, it's simply a grind fest on low rates, I will just get burnt out and not want to play again if I level just to be wiped lol. So as I would like to play this server I think I'll wait

PRIMO

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Nottingham
i see it as level now enoy game and u will find out where to go and how to lvl, then after wipe on actual live u can lvl faster cos u know what to do will have made friends and got a grp together. its only the same as playing one server with out a wipe everyone bitchng about it then it closing and having to start a 2nd server except this time you get to play an awesome server wer they fix all the probs.