SijoMiR - Development

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
i see it as level now enoy game and u will find out where to go and how to lvl, then after wipe on actual live u can lvl faster cos u know what to do will have made friends and got a grp together. its only the same as playing one server with out a wipe everyone bitchng about it then it closing and having to start a 2nd server except this time you get to play an awesome server wer they fix all the probs.
lol mate its not rocket science to level up on any server of mir, and on a low rate server i agree with sonic, its borring to level, and its even more depressing to know you will get wiped

Bountyhunter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 20, 2003
i see it as level now enoy game and u will find out where to go and how to lvl, then after wipe on actual live u can lvl faster cos u know what to do will have made friends and got a grp together. its only the same as playing one server with out a wipe everyone bitchng about it then it closing and having to start a 2nd server except this time you get to play an awesome server wer they fix all the probs.

Agree

PRIMO

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Nottingham
also theres way too much dropping, already had to change book prices etc. compare to arcadiahe changes something to try and balance its not right so he changes something again and ppl jus bitch about it. here they are using this to get it perfect then when it is perfect will wipe so evceryone gets a fair even playing field .

---------- Post Merged at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:35 PM ----------

lol mate its not rocket science to level up on any server of mir, and on a low rate server i agree with sonic, its borring to level, and its even more depressing to know you will get wiped

i know that but how long did u spend finding doors? cave ents next floors? what about all the rest of the stuff ur yet to find? think back to first time u played mir how long did it take u to lvl? then thing to a cpl months years later when u undoubtably re rolled i bet it was a hell of alot faster cos u knew where to go etc.

MCDONALDS

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
Southampton, UK
Well long story short, hes sucked out! Warriors arent underpowered at all , they were always crap at "leveling" ... Anyway he shouldnt have launched this "beta". i wouldnt even call this an Alpha .... Fact of the matter is the GM said to us that it would take about 30 hours to get to lvl 28 ... didnt anticipate hellfire and lightning did he.... jeees its not unbalanced to use the skills god gave you. this is 2013 every **** knows how to rinse mirs amazing AI for their own benefit and get places and do things better and quicker than you might think. Your gonna shoot urself in the foot by wiping no doubt, but uve shot yourself in the foot already, ive stopped playing instantly among lots of others..... Dont care if you dont wipe now , read that **** on lomcn took the wind right out of us. 99% of what makes a server decent is whether people actually play it or not, u had this amazing following of people that were all eager and waiting for ur server and basically uve just sorta shat on them. All the people that were behind will be up for your wipe but thats about it. Youve lost the most interesting players now

---------- Post Merged at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:41 PM ----------

also theres way too much dropping, already had to change book prices etc. compare to arcadiahe changes something to try and balance its not right so he changes something again and ppl jus bitch about it. here they are using this to get it perfect then when it is perfect will wipe so evceryone gets a fair even playing field .

---------- Post Merged at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:35 PM ----------

i know that but how long did u spend finding doors? cave ents next floors? what about all the rest of the stuff ur yet to find? think back to first time u played mir how long did it take u to lvl? then thing to a cpl months years later when u undoubtably re rolled i bet it was a hell of alot faster cos u knew where to go etc.

group of 3 of us, found 3 caves in about 3 minutes ... GG

Also, doors? Open map think for a whole half a second. Run there. Walk in door. Oh dear, logic wins again.

Last edited:

Kamikaze

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 21, 2005
he hasnt lost anyone, most people are waiting for the server to go live to leave arcadia, got about 10 people i know personally all waiting, i just used beta to see which class was gonna be the OP one. job done!

MCDONALDS

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
Southampton, UK
If you think Wizards and Taos are OP, You are sadly mistaken. Try playing a wizard that gets 2 hit by pretty much anything in full 24+ Gear. If i run to any cave, i have to run around oma fighters and forest yetis in the fear of getting mauled to death by them. Warriors have the tankiness, they can last longer than other classes in pretty much every cave but just require more levels to kill stuff that wizzies can kill earlier by kiting. Guarentee once you start getting your mid-late level skills. (especially with the Dashing Para move they get) you will be One hitting wizards without even thinking about it.

So yeah, say the classes are OP because at early levels they can kill stuff faster. because obviously the warriors that are late game monsters need to be ridiculously easy to levle just because wizards can mass kill. Perhaps to fix them we should give them flaming sword and Cross half moon at levels 2 and 10. Just to even that stuff out.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Agree lol

I personally like to level with Warriors as its easier to survive. Even as a Tao I can get 3 hit by those poxy Archers in the ZT cave lol.

Sadly everyone is always thinking too early lol. Warriors have always and will always be the slowest levellers, and Wizzys will always sore ahead. Good thing about this server is you group up a lot.

It's simply too early to be declaring balance issues.

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
I would quite simply get bored if I have to re-level, it's not exactly easy to do on this server :P

Sadly when it comes to Mir, it's simply a grind fest on low rates, I will just get burnt out and not want to play again if I level just to be wiped lol. So as I would like to play this server I think I'll wait

Agree lol

I personally like to level with Warriors as its easier to survive. Even as a Tao I can get 3 hit by those poxy Archers in the ZT cave lol.

Sadly everyone is always thinking too early lol. Warriors have always and will always be the slowest levellers, and Wizzys will always sore ahead. Good thing about this server is you group up a lot.

It's simply too early to be declaring balance issues.

totally agree, this is first server iv played in a good number of years, and i highly doubt i would return if there was a wipe, there just isn't enough content to warrant doing that grind again, already sick of the fb/gfb sound spam.

i was generally expecting more of an overhaul to the stereotypical mir server, but still find myself killing deers,cats,yetis,oma, then onto zombies etc using the same weapons / items in the same euro order like any other server.

PRIMO

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Nottingham
makes me laugh every server get ppl syaing '' i aint playing beta ill only play when its live'' then server gets released and same ppl whine cos **** hasnt been tested properly., if ur the high lvlers that shoot off in front beta needs you to test the high lvl stuff, because us slower lvlers wont get there in time. play it for fun who cares if he wipes roll a diff class to mix it up a little can always power lvl another char if u have 2 pc or guild at later level.

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
makes me laugh every server get ppl syaing '' i aint playing beta ill only play when its live'' then server gets released and same ppl whine cos **** hasnt been tested properly., if ur the high lvlers that shoot off in front beta needs you to test the high lvl stuff, because us slower lvlers wont get there in time. play it for fun who cares if he wipes roll a diff class to mix it up a little can always power lvl another char if u have 2 pc or guild at later level.

if your intention is to let people fully beta test a server, u raise the start lvl by 5-10 levels every day or 2, so more people can test higher lvl content.
not let people grind to lvl 30+ on a low rate.

Last edited:

PRIMO

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Nottingham
its 3 days old fgs im sure 0-30 needed testing too did it not? also i seem to remember mention of makin ppl high lvl to test high lvl content too at a later stage. meh i give up im goin to have fun playing mir ill leave u to it.

---------- Post Merged at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:45 PM ----------

+ when its live i hope for lower rates especially lower drop rates stuff too easy to find atm, yes i know its only low lvl kit but still way too easy.

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
its 3 days old fgs im sure 0-30 needed testing too did it not? also i seem to remember mention of makin ppl high lvl to test high lvl content too at a later stage. meh i give up im goin to have fun playing mir ill leave u to it.

---------- Post Merged at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:45 PM ----------

+ when its live i hope for lower rates especially lower drop rates stuff too easy to find atm, yes i know its only low lvl kit but still way too easy.
did you even read my post ? seems you missed the point entirely.

PRIMO

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Nottingham
maybe so, but if they aim to test how fast ppl lvl, how much gold is going around, how many items are dropping (if theres too many/too few) then what u are suggesting wouldnt b an accurate test of that would it cos its not how the game will play out when its live. we are all working on assumptions im sure tyraes and team know what they are wanting to test and im sure theyre doing what they need to achieve this.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
You can't accurately test the leveling speed, there will always be people that will rocket through regardless of how hard you make it lol

What were saying is quite simply people will not work hard to level to test that higher content to be wiped afterwards. Simple fact is they won't want to do it again.

Like myself, I know for a fact, I will burn my want to play if I grind (Like I have been only to 22!) only to be wiped. Because I want to play this for real, I have to not play beta so I don't lose interest, cause I don't want to grind twice...this unfortunately will have a negative effect on testing, which inevitably will result in a buggy release anyway! Cause another potention wipe again?

See the problem yet?

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
maybe so, but if they aim to test how fast ppl lvl, how much gold is going around, how many items are dropping (if theres too many/too few) then what u are suggesting wouldnt b an accurate test of that would it cos its not how the game will play out when its live. we are all working on assumptions im sure tyraes and team know what they are wanting to test and im sure theyre doing what they need to achieve this.

you don't need to test drops, you have all the math you need in the drop files. its not difficult to calculate how many items will drop, testing drops in game in fact gives a more false result as your basing your results over a smaller percentage than that which is intended.

and in any case drops could of been tested enough in closed beta by the team themselves. u don't need players to test drops when u can spawn a 100 mobs and kill them instantly.

same goes for exp, you know how much exp is required for each lvl, you know the exact amount of exp each mob gives, its not rocket science.

PRIMO

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Nottingham
it is endless circle ppl dont to play cos thewy dont want to lose interest but ppl need to test for it to be a good server.

Squatts

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
I think everyone should just shaddup! They're going to wipe it fair enough. BETA means BETA... that is TESTING. once all testing is done everyone starts from scratch and away you go. If you don't want to grind to lvl 50 million on a TEST run.. don't bother.

Come back in a few weeks when it's official and then carry on. Stop crying.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
I think everyone should just shaddup! They're going to wipe it fair enough. BETA means BETA... that is TESTING. once all testing is done everyone starts from scratch and away you go. If you don't want to grind to lvl 50 million on a TEST run.. don't bother.

Come back in a few weeks when it's official and then carry on. Stop crying.
Open beta doesnt always mean WIPE, thats what closed beta is for

Squatts

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
Open beta doesnt always mean WIPE, thats what closed beta is for

No... Closed beta is for the Development Team's select few "Target Audience"..... Open Beta is for EVERYONE. Name ONE game that had an OPEN BETA and then went straight into the official server without wiping???

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
No... Closed beta is for the Development Team's select few "Target Audience"..... Open Beta is for EVERYONE. Name ONE game that had an OPEN BETA and then went straight into the official server without wiping???

Erm...almost every single currently live MMO

Open Beta doesn't get wiped on MMOs...it's Closed that does