Silent / quiet CPU fan at decent price?

Join Discord

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
Hi guys! Would love some direction on where to look for reasonably priced CPU fans. I want a silent / really quite one, because at the moment my fan is super loud and it really gets on my nerves, also I record music often with a high quality microphone so It's not very good to have the computer fan in the background while recording stuff.

I'd imagine you get what you pay for, so I'm willing to fork out a reasonable amount if it's a really nice fan. I'd say any suggestions under £100? But the lower the better. Any websites / fan makes that are the go to for this sort of thing?

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
if you want really quiet - silent a liquid cooler would be best. ive never used liquid coolers so i cant say which one but with £100 you can pick almost any.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Not true, liquid coolers can be just as loud. It depends on what fans you put on the radiator.

I currently have a Noctua NH-U12P on my CPU. They're some of the best fans I've ever used.

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
atm my cpu fan (atleast i think its my cpu fan) is so loud it overpowers everything in my case lol. i could do with getting better one but cba think ima just upgrade the whole thing.

anyway like i said i have never used liquid cooler but from what everyone says i thought they where quieter.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Are you singing / playing into the microphone or using it to record music from an open speaker output ?
If its from another source, you'd be better off playing the music into your pc via line in or similar, depending on your pc. Fan noise would then become irrelevant.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
can get a decent wool cooled unit for like £50-£70 had mine 5 years no issues.

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
Are you singing / playing into the microphone or using it to record music from an open speaker output ?
If its from another source, you'd be better off playing the music into your pc via line in or similar, depending on your pc. Fan noise would then become irrelevant.

I do a bit of both, but I need to be recording from the mic in general, not just through line inputs.

Yeah my friend suggested a water cooling fan.

Any websites that are the 'go to' ?

Thanks for the response :)