Since your from LOMCN and know it all? WTF IS THIS?!

SkyDragon

.::Mario Ftw::.
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2004
West-Yorkshire :)
tbh i showed me sis's b/f and he didnt even move.....lmao aye its a human reflex to jump and kinda move bk , like when you touch something hot your muscle in your arm contracts to move it away without you even thinking about it

ipixel

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 11, 2005
Northern Ireland
Opeth said:
same principles.

in the semi-demi-half-split-second between the thing appearing on the screen and you jumping, your brain doesnt think ''lol its cool, its cool. its only on the screen. so instead of conforming to basic human reflex actions and sending electricl signals to the body, im just gonna sit right here and risk letting my body be maimed by a potential threat''

You cant just be 'calm' out of nowhere. human brains dont work like that
hi pyraine :normalwav

/kud irl

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Opeth said:
if it didnt scare you, you are either:

1) slow minded
2) stupid
3) dont react well to danger
4) have no reflexes
or 5) all of the above

6) Have sound turned off
7) Have seen these type of clips 1,000 times before and know what's coming, thus prepare yourself to not to jump.

I didn't jump. I had my sound turned off, I knew what was coming.

Boo.

/Sawell

Last edited:

Soul

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
Suffolk, England
Jicaa said:
6) Have sound turned off
7) Have seen these type of clips 1,000 times before and know what's coming, thus prepare yourself to not to jump.

I didn't jump. I had my sound turned off, I knew what was coming.

Boo.

/Sawell

Or wait... read all the comments people have made and then your all set. - Like I did.

either way he is proven wrong =]

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Soul said:
Or wait... read all the comments people have made and then your all set. - Like I did.

either way he is proven wrong =]

What good is a discussion board if you neglect your right to discuss and express your opinion? Even if previously stated, you are still contributing to the overall result.

/Sawell

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Opeth said:
same principles.

in the semi-demi-half-split-second between the thing appearing on the screen and you jumping, your brain doesnt think ''lol its cool, its cool. its only on the screen. so instead of conforming to basic human reflex actions and sending electricl signals to the body, im just gonna sit right here and risk letting my body be maimed by a potential threat''

You cant just be 'calm' out of nowhere. human brains dont work like that

No, I'm going to shriek like a 10 year old girl and make quick flinging motions with my arms while standing in the same spot, so just in case the big bad monster didn't see it, I got it's attention now.

And it's not about being calm out of nowhere if you expecting something. Many jobs and careers hinder on one's ability to stay extremely calm in situations where little boys would wet their pants, and lucky for you and me, they keep their calm.

Soul

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
Suffolk, England
Jicaa said:
What good is a discussion board if you neglect your right to discuss and express your opinion? Even if previously stated, you are still contributing to the overall result.

/Sawell

Erm.. I wasn't saying people can't discuss or express their opinion. I was saying that another reason you might not be scared of the thing is because you've read what other people have said and how they reacted therefore know what to expect.

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
its quite easy to remain calm when your expecting it, these things are on the net too often now i expect it when i goto a random "omg what is this" link