So, i've bought a new computer.

transporter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 12, 2008
Darlington
I wouldn`t mind it, but i think you could of got it a bit cheaper from DELL or you could of custom built it for a lot less.

Nice PC though.

Shabalabalong

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 1, 2006
Brighton
I wouldn`t mind it, but i think you could of got it a bit cheaper from DELL or you could of custom built it for a lot less.

Nice PC though.

qft.

For that money, I could build suuucchhh a nice computer, new processor, ram + motherboard would just be the bomb. Oh new GFX card too =p

Tashohnie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 13, 2009
Its not a bad PC - I am not really one to put down someone's new purchase, its not a bad PC to be honest. Should be able to play most games on Medium/High maybe some on very high with reasonable FPS :)

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Very nice pc but as stated you could have got a nice new monitor aswell for that price if you built it yourself!

You may also want to consider Vista Ultimate.

02goswej

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 12, 2004
United Kingdom
Not a bad computer, I bought mine about two years ago with:

AMD x2 6000+ dual core
2GB RAM @ 600Mhz (>_<)
8600GT 512MB DDR3
500GB Hard Drive
Some crappy mobo

for £450, So considering, it isn't a bad deal.
That was from a computer fair, very cheap, you could have checked one of them out :), if you live in the UK they usually happen at least once a month around the country.

But the 8GB RAM is useless unless you are going to be running a 64x Bit operating system.

32x Bit reads 3GB usable, the rest will just be a flat surface for dust to chill out on :P

**Can't believe he is giving advice to someone who owns a DeathKnight /emo**

lozmuir

Former Moderator
VIP
Apr 17, 2003
Congleton, Cheshire.
Yeah its got vista 64, I made sure of that.

So far, no issues.. Its doing exactly as I wanted it to do.

I just need to buy a few new PC games to test it, all the games I have it handles them on full settings easily.

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
In Canada, most shops now offers Free Windows 7 upgrade (OEM)
See if they offer that.

02goswej

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 12, 2004
United Kingdom
:| I have an 80 Pally and 75 Priest >_<

-Priest own but boring
-Paladin own but when you have just about finished Ulduar with it, its MEH...

I quit wow a few months ago, no doubt ill start playing again soon, ill be rerolling though

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I think all new PCs the come with Vista get a free upgrade to Windows 7?

SOmeone on a different forum said "Anyone purchasing a Vista system after 1st July will be entitled to a free upgrade to Windows 7. However this only applies to Premium, Business and Ultimate Vista licenses. Vista Basic is not included. "

Read it somewhere, i'm sure?

Also, DK's own, just started lvlingm ine again, level65 now and I love it lol.

Not as much as my 'Lock tho <3

Last edited:

RedDragonX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 5, 2005
It's an okay spec, but prebuilts tend to come with ****ty Motherboards, ****ty RAM, ****ty cases, and very ****ty Power Supplies (NOT good). You could of built a much better PC by yourself.

lozmuir

Former Moderator
VIP
Apr 17, 2003
Congleton, Cheshire.
I've contacting the company that makes the computer to find out whether I'll get a free upgrade or not.

Yeah I know, I built my old computer myself for dirt cheap but I've just got lazy as I've got older :P

I've had a quick poke around inside and i'm impressed with the cooling and the case.

Last edited: