Sora 2.3

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord

UltimateWar

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 6, 2003
uk
PROGRESS:

%​
[10][20][30][40][50][60][70][80][90][100]​
%​

SERVER:

100mbit Connection,
Bandwidth unmetered,
Dual AMD Core 4400+,
2 GIG RAM.

--------------------------------------------------

GAME MASTERS:

BASIC NOTE : GMs basically do NOTHING towards the SERVER, they HELP the players in terms of PROBLEMS.

I will be the only GM.

All I will do is HELP/TALK to people who;
Get stuck in a map,
Get hacked,
Report abuse,
Report bugs,
Need help,
etc.

No giving of items or personal help will be given.

THIS SERVER IS 100% NO CORRUPTION.

(Sick of corrupted GMs ruining the point of the game...)

BASIC OUTLINE:

Starting Level : 1
Starting Gold : 1,000
EXP Rate : NormalMir x 15-25

SORA:

QUESTING is a high aspect of this game, it will allow you to get into hidden areas, obtain hidden items and reach hidden NPCs.

This server will be a PROPER server, no GMs will take part in wars or group with people etc.

This will be a "snooze you lose" server. There will be MANY rares, it'll be difficult to find the "best". Keeping up and going about things your own way with a group etc will make your character obtain things that other people will most likely not obtain. Each path benefits your character in a specific way which will differ you from the rest.

f_questm_ac33f71.png

Questing will be the main part of leveling. An NPC will ask you to go talk to someone, and give them an item, or they might ask you to find an NPC who's been lost in battle, and to find them you have to get past a few nasty poops. Or they might ask you to kill 10 Spiders and obtain 10 Spider...Webs... etc. There will be different kind of quests, PKing quests, Assassinating certain guards, local people etc.
Questing will level you up more than grinding. Grinding is stupid. Questing and obtaining items and trading them in will gain you more experience.

Each town will have its own special "entertainment" be it ambushes or rentals or PvP tournies. I want most towns to be used, this will include having certain areas being accompanied by certain caves, areas, npcs etc.

Each person will be unique, as each person will find a different thing that maybe only they can obtain, and unless they tell others - they most likely will be the only ones to have it. It's hard to explain, the quests are made so that different paths are always available, even by chance - so more exploring means more of a chance to find something someone else hasn't.

IF YOU DO want to level via grinding, that will still be possible, however you'll obviously miss on unlocking things that are benefitial to both you and your character :>.

CONTENT:

Leveling Areas are placed into 6 catagories.

1-22
22-30
30-38
38-42
42-45
45+

Each catagory will have 3 dungeons/forests/temples etc with whom 1 map contains a boss for items of the level catagory. The level areas will be big, and might be a bit too slow, but at the start of 30-38 things WILL pick up.

There will ALWAYS be a different path for you to take. None will be a stronger choice than the other. This will just allow me to implement more quests, more items etc without you getting bored.
Boredom sucks, I know, I'm constantly bored.

Dungeon Names

• Real Mir
  • Kilka Temple
  • Vania Dome
  • Caged Illusions
  • Sleepless Underground
  • Linnia Cave
  • Elements
  • Sora Kingdom
  • Clone Fest
  • Kilka Forest
  • Steel Alcove
  • Tremor Dungeon
and many more.
(This is taken from my old server I made 3 years ago, Nainok, these names will most likely change.)

All normal EI maps like PT PSC PC PI BDD are also added.

Items and sets will correspond to the mobs you kill and get drops from, mostly, but other rares will be gained through special activies and quests!

This server is basically an exploring, questing, fun experience!

OTHER:

Other features :

Subclass (MAYBE)
Rebirth (MAYBE)
Marridge (Wedding ring required)
30 Quests+, in which most are in a Quest House but also some are hidden. (More of a missionary kind of thing.)
Many hidden leveling areas and boss maps, also, many hidden quests. The more you quest and complete these quests in a efficient manner - the more trusted you will become, the higher rank you obtain - thus the more respect you will gain from the village people and overseers... this all leads to more areas being found and more quests being available. However you will have constant rivalry by other local people, and they may challenge you to certain contests/battles (a quest in itself.)
Castle system (GUILD) , you collect materials, give it to NPC, gives you the key, you get your own castle full of little goodies! Decrease in tax will also be shown (hard to explain.) Other appropriate benefits also.
House system (PERSONAL) , you collect materials, give it to NPC, gives you the key, you get your own house full of little goodies! Decrease in tax will also be shown (hard to explain.)
DELIVERY SYSTEM! Every level or so the Delivery System will be known as "pocket money" since you won't need to kill anyone or anything all you do is run and get easy money / items. You recieve an item, go and find the accorded NPC, give item to it, get another item, give it to another accorded NPC, get reward etc. Basically questing with a bit of a backbone.
But you ALSO get MAIL, as in, you get items or money at certain levels too!
Licenses! Every so levels, (possibly every 10). You will gain the ability to take a License Test. Each class will have a different test, the outcome of the test will decide the bonus you will recieve. This can range from gold to new quests being available.
Raids/Ambushes! There are monsters everywhere outskirting the village and towns, who knows when they'll try and enter. Stop them with the help of guards that'll come as reinforcements, the more you personally help (or as a group) may be rewarded by the Village/Town Overseer. And might help you obtain access to different quests.
GM Bot Any old schoolers will remember LeoCrasher's grand inventions, this little thing will be of use to me ^^.
Professions Going to give this a go; Weapon Crafters, Armour Crafters, Jewel Crafters. You can pick up recipies and level up your profession. (similar to WoW). Crafting items and selling them off to Local People or infact, other players. Each will obviously have its own benefit.
Auction House Obviously.

RELEASE DATE : Soon I will update this accordingly :yyyipe:

If you would like to help us please contact me via MSN, you will NOT get a GM spot, I repeat, you will NOT get a GM spot. (Send me a private message first.)

I am making this server on my own and hosting it on my own, I've made many other servers before and was part of many (NoLag, Tatoonie, Nainok (quite old school) ). Things written here are most likely to be subject to change... making the server makes you want to change it even more... Also, this isn't going to be crazy stats with crazy *****-ass armors and all that other DBZ wanna-be crap. I want to try and make the look and feel as close as Mir was meant to be, whilst implementing questing as a main benefit.

I'm not gonna accept donations for items, or anything completely retarded like that. This will be entirely free, paying is not an option. The only way you can get better than others is to play the game.

Update: I'll get some screenshots up soon.
Update: The website will be up soon. Examples of my previous websits (WoW Guild Website: http://wow-aspire.com, yes I know, Cuddlebear is a lame and gay name, "lolol" etc.)

Last edited:

UltimateWar

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 6, 2003
uk
Thanks.

Check the main post for updates, they seem to be happening a bit too much ;/.

Leetabix

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 26, 2008
This sever sounds awsome, but tbh, 50% of ppl prefer quests and 50% prefer grinding.

g/l with tho project.

UltimateWar

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 6, 2003
uk
This sever sounds awsome, but tbh, 50% of ppl prefer quests and 50% prefer grinding.

g/l with tho project.

IF YOU DO want to level via grinding, that will still be possible, however you'll obviously miss on unlocking things that are benefitial to both you and your character :>.

It's just better, gear-wise etc, to quest, but you can still level at a reasonable rate with grinding. ^^

UltimateWar

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 6, 2003
uk
Cheers, though, it shouldn't sound too interesting, it's just Mir with Questing as the main aspect ^^ (and ofcourse a lot of other features), guess that can be seen as interesting.

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
ultimatewar lol thats a name i aint seen inawhile :p cant w8 for serva, shud b brill, ill defo giv a try

/Andy

Mir2World

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 22, 2008
Server sounds okay, Slow level is the ONLY thing stopin me from trying

Good luck with server budy

Last edited:

neptuneshaun

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 17, 2007
to me the X15 level rate is by far reasonable. its a good exp reate keep it to close to that (imo) this means that people will grp level more, wich means less boredem in game to.

the subclass system u might be adding, dnt go over the top with like really good sc dc mc gained (if u do it that way) or even loads of hp or mp given out as that ruins it imo.

but i like the overall of the server, i like the quest idea, and the fact of u shud be able to choose wud be better imo aswell as people have said not all like doing quests.

wish u all the best with it mate :) and i will be trying when its out.

edit, with the no big ass stats armour or weps u said, do u mean its guna be low rate items, but might hit the "med" rate on items etc <its just a bit more detail as to the items really but so far it sounds good mate.

Last edited:

UltimateWar

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 6, 2003
uk
to me the X15 level rate is by far reasonable. its a good exp reate keep it to close to that (imo) this means that people will grp level more, wich means less boredem in game to.

the subclass system u might be adding, dnt go over the top with like really good sc dc mc gained (if u do it that way) or even loads of hp or mp given out as that ruins it imo.

but i like the overall of the server, i like the quest idea, and the fact of u shud be able to choose wud be better imo aswell as people have said not all like doing quests.

wish u all the best with it mate :) and i will be trying when its out.

edit, with the no big ass stats armour or weps u said, do u mean its guna be low rate items, but might hit the "med" rate on items etc <its just a bit more detail as to the items really but so far it sounds good mate.

It's hard to get a balance of items and skill. I want it to be more skill than items. However obviously the rarer the drop, the better the item, as usual. However long quests will allow you to get weapon and different refining patterns etc, refining will be a big part of the game. You will be able to spend time having fun with different combinations of refining and different patterns with different NPCs; finding out who's better at what etc.

A lot will be added, what I've said is right now only the basics.

I'll also be trying my best in stopping the annoying Wizard leveling... for some this might be lame, but I'm annoyed at the amount of wizards and lack of taoists. I'm gonna try and balance this out.

Server sounds okay, Slow level is the ONLY thing stopin me from trying

Good luck with server budy

People usually like high rates because they feel like they're getting to the "end-game" experience quicker. However this server will have an update, advantage, benefit, award (or what have you) for each level gained. Some servers have every 5 levels, which irritates you and stops you from leveling once you hit one of the 5 level intervals. However this server will be "level once more, gain once more" kind of thing. You may get another dungen to level in, another quest, more patterns, more items (obviously), the daily reward... etc.

Last edited: