sorting magic db for sky chinese files

smoochy boys on tour

TheMightyOne

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 14, 2004
UnitedKingdom
ok so its peeing me off now.

what i want to do is create the magic db from scratch because ive tried translating it, ive got most of them. but theres some new ones in it that don't show the full spell or just dont work altogether and i dont know how to make them work.

if i wanted to remake the magic db what would i need to do in order to find out the right effect, effect type and the right spell number for each spell.

if somebody has a nice translated hero magic db with the magic.wil/wix it wud be much appreciated. im just getting totally confused and i don't like messy files so i want to start again and know exactly whats what with each bit of data!

thanks.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Some skills won't show correctly as is. Just the way they were coded.. About 5 from ID 40-49 odd maybe..

What ID Numbers are Bugged for you? If they have shown correct for me I'll upload my Magic.wil/wix

TheMightyOne

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 14, 2004
UnitedKingdom
well i put a new magic file into my data file thinking that i cud spice it up not thinking about that it would clash with my db's and now i dont have the magic file i originally got with the shanda client. at the moment, i just started again, re translating them all and trying to get some sort of order to it. found that Mag ID 7 (¹¥É±½£Êõ) isn't actually in the stditems. and my hell fire or what i think is meant to be hellfire (Mag ID 9), doesn't show the skill and seems to stall the client a little bit. thats as far as i've got so far >.<

would really appreciate if you could upload your magic files and i'm assuming you have them set up ready for the sky files?

/TMO

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
well i put a new magic file into my data file thinking that i cud spice it up not thinking about that it would clash with my db's and now i dont have the magic file i originally got with the shanda client. at the moment, i just started again, re translating them all and trying to get some sort of order to it. found that Mag ID 7 (¹¥É±½£Êõ) isn't actually in the stditems. and my hell fire or what i think is meant to be hellfire (Mag ID 9), doesn't show the skill and seems to stall the client a little bit. thats as far as i've got so far >.<

would really appreciate if you could upload your magic files and i'm assuming you have them set up ready for the sky files?

/TMO

Well that would be your issue. My Magic.wil/wix is basically just an older version of the latest Official Hero Client.

TheMightyOne

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 14, 2004
UnitedKingdom
ok so at the moment this is the state of my magic.db, things that need sorting, we may aswell get a good working copy of the db that other ppl can use as i dont see much action with the hero files at the mo :P so Milo if you can tell me what yours is like compared to this.

MagID
7 (isn't in the std items)
9 (Is HellFire but it only does the first half of the spell)
16 (Trap Hexagon, doesn't work)
38 (Does the Curse effect but Curse is already working i think, (does curse need an amulet to work because i dont know what amulet is in chinese yet so can't test lol. its doing everything it should do.
could the other 1 be mass poison? there's no sound for it.
42 does nothing
43 does nothing
44 Frost Crunch But is the wrong sound for it. (how do i fix?)
46 what is shape 99 for?
48 TaoRepulse but has the wrong sound attached to it.
51 Seen it before but i cant remember what it is. like a big circle of smoke. tao spell
52 isn't in the std items
54 Won't let me make the book
55 Not in the std items

this is what i've found so far after trying to translate straight from the chinese db's,
and i am now using the Shanda client.

any input would be great thank you.

i hate mess lol.

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
dont know much about the sky magic

but cq heros magid gos as follow

1 to 60 then 72,73,74,75 not quite sure why the gap of 12

99 is like a any class

by the looks of what you posted that is in a very bad way :(

cant you just download the latest sky release and translate that ?

lif

TheMightyOne

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 14, 2004
UnitedKingdom
i am using the latest sky chinese db matey, don't know why its the way it is. i'm just gonna have to deal with what i've got as i don't think anybody wants to release if they have done it lol. best get to work ey!

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
i am using the latest sky chinese db matey, don't know why its the way it is. i'm just gonna have to deal with what i've got as i don't think anybody wants to release if they have done it lol. best get to work ey!

Why is it such an issue for you lol? 7 is Slaying so just making the book in StdItems. Hellfire might be disabled in !Setup because it is broken on High Stat servers. Trap Hex to my knowledge hasn't worked in most 1.9 based files since god knows how long. The others you mentioned are skills that have existed since the first release of Plumewind they've never worked proper and they never will. If it being messy is annoying for you just remove them otherwise ignore them :P

TheMightyOne

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 14, 2004
UnitedKingdom
i just hate mess and not knowing exactly what everything is lol. I'll just remove them think i've got most of them working ok now anyways so i'l just deal with what i've got. sorry to be a pest! lol.