Soulsmir online for beta test Friday 17 June

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

mighty3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 2, 2008
grantham
the sheep are there just get u lvled up a bit quicker and some basic items

if u use the full client it is quicker than the auto patch and is a smaller size

betsy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 25, 2008
ok thank you :)

autopatcher finished now, yay just 3 files it couldnt download, so should have most things now :D unlike when i tryed it lol black everything hehe

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!
Ok, popped on this morning.

And tbh, server needs a fair bit of work.

Point 1 =
If server is a High Rate, which you state it is on first post, why am i struggling to level @ level 15...

Point 2 =
Why is killing sheep alot better exp than killing Leveling Cave mobs.

Point 3 =
Leveling caves are not leveling caves, as it takes 20minutes to find a mob.

Point 4 =
The SoulBox's and LuckyTree's only have these spawn on a certain day or something, i been on for around 30minutes, got a +40% Exp Pot, and a GoldBar.

Point 5 =
Lower the lower level mobs Ac/Amc, Fireball barely hurts noob mobs, which i shouldn't be struggling to kill tbh, Specially being as though its a high rate.

Point 6 =
If your going to continue this as a High Rate, up there starting level, and don't make us hunt sheep .... Boring....

Ideas =
1:
Add some new spells in, like Warrior ThunderStorm / Tao ThunderStorm. And have leveling cave mobs (Undead), and boss cave mobs so TS Doesn't damage them.
There for, Wizz's still have advantage in leveling as FF is stronger, But Tao's Warr's dont have to rely on them to level with.
(Would have to Add MC to Warrior / Tao kit

2:
Add a Warrior begginers quest in to gain an a A.Speed item, to help them get some levels.

3:
Make Skele's Mass Attack ?

4:
Have main bosses such as Oks / MirKing etc, do a shout when they spawn, encourages fights.

5:
Paralysis / Protection / Teleport / Clear rings (Special Rings Quest)
Put the following in all boss drops files : Paralysis / Protection / Teleport / Clear Fragments.

Have the players collect 6, Obv these are rare.

Then have them go find a smelting npc in a dangerous cave (Of your choice)
this Npc requires the Fragments + (a large sum of cash) to smelt the Fragments together.

You then go to another npc, who tells you this : "You must go kill me "x" boss for me to even be interested"
Depending on which Special Ring you want, decides which boss you must kill
Paralysis = DarkDevil
Protection = Mtk
Teleport = Oks
Clear = ZumaTaurus (These are just examples)

You then return to the npc, and he offers to make the Ring for you, for a sum of money.

Boom/...... there you have your special ring.

(I personally feel somethingl ike this is better, rather than just having them drop).

6:
Items :
Not sure how your going to sort the items out, but i like the idea of having the following =
You have for each level gap say 1-40 you have different items, such as Normal items(Drop from mobs), then Normal items but slighty better (Drops from Mobs (Rare) Sub-Bosses (Semi-Rare) Bosses (Not rare) Symbolise these items by placing a *after the items name, then Legendary Items (Only drop from Bosses(Semi-Rare) / Sub-Bosses(Rare). This way it breaks the kits up, and not everyone is running around with the same kit.
Please please please, don't do what paul normally does with his servers, where you have to kill 99999999 bosses to get a single drop lol.
It's a high rate, treat it as one.

7:
Bosses (This is just an idea) for the harder bosses, say OKS, have a Shout Saying "OmaKingMinion Has Spawned"
People then rush to this Sub-Boss, Kill it, once dead a shout in announced again saying "OmaKingMinion has been Slayed, OmaKingSpirit has arissen from its Coffin" then make OKS Spawn, people carry on fighting, that way you have a good 20 minute fight.

8:
Item stats, keep stats low up until around 100 also lower hp of all classes according to stats, so people aint fighting eachother with no1 being able to win, so you dont run outa levels etc.

As paul knows, i will tell you whats good / bad with your server, and i will also give you some ideas as to how to make it better.
Don't add to much to server when you release, keep some stuff back and add at a later date, this way you keep people intreged. Have like 2 weeks of server being up, then announce an update in a weeks time, then add new content. etc etc

Good luck with the server. And if you need anything pm me, Will have a few friends download when this goes live, to have a play around.

/Terry

Last edited:

mighty3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 2, 2008
grantham
ya get wont u mean dude . but can u give me some time pls, i will try to do my best to do some of the things u have said.
it is only me that works on the server atm so takes me time to do some things.
thank you for post and advise i will take onboard wot u have said

Last edited:

paul.obrien

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2008
Point 1 =
If server is a High Rate, which you state it is on first post, why am i struggling to level @ level 15...

I have changed the exp table a little bit so this should help hopefully

Point 2 =
Why is killing sheep alot better exp than killing Leveling Cave mobs.

Please explain what you mean by this.I havnt played the server so i don't no what caves give what exp

Point 3 =
Leveling caves are not leveling caves, as it takes 20minutes to find a mob.

Please explain what caves you mean here also

Point 4 =
The SoulBox's and LuckyTree's only have these spawn on a certain day or something, i been on for around 30minutes, got a +40% Exp Pot, and a GoldBar.

These are still ingame but i have made them spawn very rarely now.I think this is a nice idea from mighty but i agree a lot rarer.

Point 5 =
Lower the lower level mobs Ac/Amc, Fireball barely hurts noob mobs, which i shouldn't be struggling to kill tbh, Specially being as though its a high rate.

I have just adjusted alot of the mobs ac/amc below level 40.See if this helps (will take effect next reboot)

Point 6 =
If your going to continue this as a High Rate, up there starting level, and don't make us hunt sheep .... Boring....

Starting level is being increased to 20 with a little starter kit

Ideas =
1:
Add some new spells in, like Warrior ThunderStorm / Tao ThunderStorm. And have leveling cave mobs (Undead), and boss cave mobs so TS Doesn't damage them.
There for, Wizz's still have advantage in leveling as FF is stronger, But Tao's Warr's dont have to rely on them to level with.
(Would have to Add MC to Warrior / Tao kit

2:
Add a Warrior begginers quest in to gain an a A.Speed item, to help them get some levels.

3:
Make Skele's Mass Attack ?

4:
Have main bosses such as Oks / MirKing etc, do a shout when they spawn, encourages fights.

5:
Paralysis / Protection / Teleport / Clear rings (Special Rings Quest)
Put the following in all boss drops files : Paralysis / Protection / Teleport / Clear Fragments.

Have the players collect 6, Obv these are rare.

Then have them go find a smelting npc in a dangerous cave (Of your choice)
this Npc requires the Fragments + (a large sum of cash) to smelt the Fragments together.

You then go to another npc, who tells you this : "You must go kill me "x" boss for me to even be interested"
Depending on which Special Ring you want, decides which boss you must kill
Paralysis = DarkDevil
Protection = Mtk
Teleport = Oks
Clear = ZumaTaurus (These are just examples)

You then return to the npc, and he offers to make the Ring for you, for a sum of money.

Boom/...... there you have your special ring.

(I personally feel somethingl ike this is better, rather than just having them drop).

6:
Items :
Not sure how your going to sort the items out, but i like the idea of having the following =
You have for each level gap say 1-40 you have different items, such as Normal items(Drop from mobs), then Normal items but slighty better (Drops from Mobs (Rare) Sub-Bosses (Semi-Rare) Bosses (Not rare) Symbolise these items by placing a *after the items name, then Legendary Items (Only drop from Bosses(Semi-Rare) / Sub-Bosses(Rare). This way it breaks the kits up, and not everyone is running around with the same kit.
Please please please, don't do what paul normally does with his servers, where you have to kill 99999999 bosses to get a single drop lol.
It's a high rate, treat it as one.

7:
Bosses (This is just an idea) for the harder bosses, say OKS, have a Shout Saying "OmaKingMinion Has Spawned"
People then rush to this Sub-Boss, Kill it, once dead a shout in announced again saying "OmaKingMinion has been Slayed, OmaKingSpirit has arissen from its Coffin" then make OKS Spawn, people carry on fighting, that way you have a good 20 minute fight.

8:
Item stats, keep stats low up until around 100 also lower hp of all classes according to stats, so people aint fighting eachother with no1 being able to win, so you dont run outa levels etc.

As paul knows, i will tell you whats good / bad with your server, and i will also give you some ideas as to how to make it better.
Don't add to much to server when you release, keep some stuff back and add at a later date, this way you keep people intreged. Have like 2 weeks of server being up, then announce an update in a weeks time, then add new content. etc etc

Good luck with the server. And if you need anything pm me, Will have a few friends download when this goes live, to have a play around.

/Terry

Please find the adjustments in red tat ive done so far.Ill do the rest when i have time

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!
Ok so, in first leveling cave "OmaCave" for a mob u get like 1200, where as in town killing a sheep u get 1500. and it took me like 2minutes to find a mob, maybe change the OmaCave map to a smaller one, and just chuck a few mobs there to help people get leveled up, by high rate paul is this like DR Speed of leveling?

OmaCave mobs ie Skeleton etc, have far to much DC, and are now giving out around 200 Exp, have you taken away the Exp Multiplier ?
Also mighty whats your ingame name?

Other than that, nice work on updates, and sorry mighty i wasn't trying to say your not doing a good job, just trying to throw u in right direction and help you a little bit, gonna log on now for a few hours, and see what else there is to add, if you make my Forum account Active, i will post a long thread with Ideas and Problems etc, and just cross them off one by one, when you can ovc.
/Terry best of luck xxxx

User Name "Virikas"

Edit : Please put spell leveling to Level 1 = 0/1 Level 2 = 0/2 Level 3 = 0/3
Hate leveling spells, done it about 10000000 times over, specially for tao's with puri and skele's etc, specially when there is no @killpet Command, or guards.

Also.... First HeavenArmour ingame :D Lucky me

Thanks

Last edited:

mighty3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 2, 2008
grantham
mighty = gamemaster
paul = pob1111
will have a look now at the oma cave but pob did lower some of the things yesterday and grazts on arm :P

2pac

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 21, 2006
lol n1 this is fail serever (me kill evilmir and after baned me)

copy paste essence mir and dark realm

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!
lol n1 this is fail serever (me kill evilmir and after baned me)

copy paste essence mir and dark realm

Shut up you dick. Theres a few features drom DR / Essence, but other then that GM is doing a good job, so how about u take ur n1 fail english and Fo ?
Nothing good to say .... Shhhhh!

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Cant see why its still in Beta tbh. Not seeing anything added. gained nice kit then all of a sudden 2 People run round with Mir Kit??? No thanks.

paul.obrien

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2008
Beta is always the same.We increase the drop rates etc and leveling so every thing can be tested.The log in screen clearly states that the server will be wiped prior to proper release.
Save ya *****ing for when its live properly

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
But who would wanna help test when others just get kit given?

FurianMir

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 25, 2010
Halifax
Beta is always the same.We increase the drop rates etc and leveling so every thing can be tested.The log in screen clearly states that the server will be wiped prior to proper release.
Save ya *****ing for when its live properly

Always the same with you paul youve run two unsucessful servers and failed epically yet your making another which will fail then you abuse the community of lomcn pull your act together mate.

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!
Always the same with you paul youve run two unsucessful servers and failed epically yet your making another which will fail then you abuse the community of lomcn pull your act together mate.

Both his servers iv played, DarkRealm / Essence, have done qwite well actually, DR Still going now like 3 years later.
I was told that there wurnt gonna be a wipe as there hasnt been any bugs, but now his saying there is which is fair play, was a bit pissed of yday when i spent all day getting threads for pet quest, and some guy runs in GreatLord with full MirKit and one times me lol.

In my opinion, its ready for like, theres stuff on there that can do with a tweak here n there, but you can do that while servers live.

7UpGuy123

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 25, 2011
Right i got my 2.6 server up ect but when i logg on the char is black and everything else is and i dno how to make it like a normal char/bichon wall

Please Reply Straight away
7upGuy123

mighty3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 2, 2008
grantham
its not just pauls server its mine to so pls shut up

and can u not post your server on here pls this is for soulsmir

Status
Not open for further replies.