Spawn increase.

smoochy boys on tour

MrsMir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2009
¿
Ok since my server is only new it only has Euro features up to now. I've added a EuroCave NPC but the spawns are poor.
I'll i'm getting in search is 1.4 results which is telling me to go to m2server > Envir > mir200 which I done have.
I'm pretty sure its done via SQL now? but im still unsure the tables in mongen. :dunce:
I want to increase spawns until I add new caves etc.
Thanks.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
its done in sql table mongen change the fd count to how many u want to spawn

Upvote 0

MrsMir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2009
¿
Is there not an easyer way to increase all mob spawns instead of changing each number 1 at a time? It'll take forever lol.

Upvote 0

ρяєα¢нєя

Unstookie Titled
VIP
Aug 19, 2008
You could use an SQL statement to change a few at a time, would make it easier.

SQL Statement:
Code:
UPDATE tbl_mongen SET fld_count = (fld_count + <Number>) WHERE fld_mapname = '<Mapname>' AND FLD_NAME NOT LIKE '%<BossName>%'

Replace the below legends:
<Number> = The extra number of mobs you want spawning.
<Mapname> = The map you want to edit the spawns on.

If you want to change the spawns to the whole server take out the "Where" clause. However i would not recommend this as it may over crowd some areas, i'd do it on a map by map basis.

p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
You can copy a line out of the SQL database in a text document, then make changes, add more lines, etc. Then just copy and paste it back into the Mongen sql table, so much quicker to do spawns that way.
You just have to use the basic framework thats been copied and pasted from SQL.

Upvote 0

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Export to .txt and use Ctrl + F - Find and replace. Then import it.

Easiest way I could think of... I'd personally do it via SQL.

EDIT - Infact no, that's stupid, as it would replace every one of those numbers. I did it once because I wanted to change all the NULL's in a txt document to 0 - Probably wont work in this instance.

Use SQL.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MrsMir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2009
¿
Ok so I export the WHOLE of the mongen table? Edit it to my liking then import it back in? Just asking so I dont go screw something up.
Better safe then sorry!

Upvote 0

MrsMir

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2009
¿
I'm totally baffled now... :S Peoples telling me to do it in SQL, Excel & text document. :'(

Upvote 0

PackardBell

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 7, 2009
I'm totally baffled now... :S Peoples telling me to do it in SQL, Excel & text document. :'(

In SQL Manager go to mir2 tables then
Tools -> SQL Query Analyzer

type this:

UPDATE TBL_MONGEN SET FLD_COUNT = 10

and execute or press F5

" = 10 " u change with the amount of monsters you want

Upvote 0

ρяєα¢нєя

Unstookie Titled
VIP
Aug 19, 2008
Updated the Query so that you can up the spawns without increasing the spawns of the boss mob:

SQL Statement:
Code:
UPDATE tbl_mongen SET fld_count = (fld_count + <Number>) WHERE fld_mapname = '<Mapname>' AND FLD_NAME NOT LIKE '%<BossName>%'

p

Upvote 0