SQL Help

1westy1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 10, 2004
Right, im still having trouble with this sql stuff.
Firstly, Which sql should i use. MSSQL or MySQL. And where can i get them FREE?
Once i have it, how do i install it, is there a certain way it needs to be setup? And once i have set it up how do i load up the databases on it?
Please dont answer if you can only answer part of it, as it will leave me once again with half a program i dont know how to use :(

Thanks

Westy

1westy1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 10, 2004
How come know one can help me on this issue? Ill settle with Access if anyone could find me a link for it... All i can find is updates for microsoft office.

Upvote 0

mirlin6

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2004
United Kingdom
question: is there a guide so i can setup the db's in access cause i will admit i dont know nething about pcs ives used sql before but i would prefare to use access if anyone could help me set it up please

/thanks in advance

Upvote 0

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
question: is there a guide so i can setup the db's in access cause i will admit i dont know nething about pcs ives used sql before but i would prefare to use access if anyone could help me set it up please

/thanks in advance

basically access is setup by itself and you need to do nothing as its done by the files

Upvote 0

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
Right, im still having trouble with this sql stuff.
Firstly, Which sql should i use. MSSQL or MySQL. And where can i get them FREE?
Once i have it, how do i install it, is there a certain way it needs to be setup? And once i have set it up how do i load up the databases on it?
Please dont answer if you can only answer part of it, as it will leave me once again with half a program i dont know how to use :(

Thanks

Westy

there is a guide to setting up MSSQL on the mir3 help section its the same to set up for mir2 as its an application , heres the link to a picture guide, which should come in handy for all those wanting to install MSSQL.
http://www.liquidsilver.org/

Upvote 0

mirlin6

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2004
United Kingdom
im having a few problems setting odbc is there a guide to setting the things up here for stditems and the other ones for a mir 2 server?

Upvote 0

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
goto odbc in administartive tools in control panel , select the system tab in new window click on add and then in the lest scroll down to SQL server and press fisnish then you need to select the database name(DB NAME is the which you used in MSSQL) and the server which is Local after all that its plain sailing.

also if you click the liquid silver link i posted you will see ODBC setup

Upvote 0