[Holley] Sql import problem!

Join Discord

khnum

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2006
Hello all,

Okay so i'm having a problem with SQL.. I was struggling when making lines before because i was sometimes making two of the same line numbers and SQL didn't like it ..soo.. i was informed to use excel to make my new items then import them into the Database. I have checked and made sure every line is correct.. I import it into SQL stditems and then load up the server i am given a DB error message when crueldrag loads up. Could anybody help me please and maybe tell me if i am doing something wrong ? maybe i am importing wrongly and some people do it differently ?

Thanks alot!

Razhiel

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 14, 2012
Normal u need export the table from sql then modify and when u all done import back same table in sql !
Export / Import sql 2008 in case u get !

Upvote 0

khnum

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2006
Yes thats how we did it mate, exported it out and then imported it back in once edited.. But if i add them individually one bye one in sql they work fine? that's how i know they are correct in my excel file.

HELP!!

Thanks haha!

Upvote 0

Razhiel

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 14, 2012
Yes thats how we did it mate, exported it out and then imported it back in once edited.. But if i add them individually one bye one in sql they work fine? that's how i know they are correct in my excel file.

HELP!!

Thanks haha!

normal i export in mdb then i delete the last row or where i duplicate the items and then replace back in sql ! hope u make it and find the problems best off luck !

Upvote 0

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
Also make sure you're actually replacing and not adding the lines otherwise you get duplicates which makes it fail as well.

Upvote 0

RealLionSoul

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 13, 2013
We are exporting the stditems table into .xls adding/making new items. So say we add 20 more lines of items.

Then we delete the old stditems from SQL and import the new .xls. Although we have noticed that its jumbling up the lines so the indexnumber column is not in numerical order. Would this be a problem or does it do this for everyone?

It doesnt matter how many lines we add if its 1 or 20. We still get the database error and cannot start CD.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
The lines been jumbled are irrelevant.

You can put these back into order by designing the SQL table and setting the first column as primary key though if this helps.

Upvote 0

spartekas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
USA
I am on this too. HL_Stditems is wrong and then CD gets Readtime error, or something. Didnt know I needed a 2-300 dollar porgram oi oi.
Btw plugin for Oracle wont work it isnt owned by them anymore. Microshit never supports the good stuff..

I keep restoring my CD database.bak .. Seen some1 copy database from text doc and paste into SQL versus importing from office. Did notice 1 thing, dunno if itll kill DB. No chinese/ Orgname.

Spreedsheet looks alot easier than a Database to work in. Seen someone elses couple years ago. Gonna try it witout any name for ORGNAME in my spreadsheet before i move it agan. Try no chinese server name\\ OrgName. Maybe make Copies Edit just 1 Copy it then Import :), or winrar your working copy, liek !Setup soz for grammer

Saved it as Excel 5.0 is very compatible forgot Office 20120 go backwards

It worked wwith New Mobs database, now open server. NO Chinese in text.doc, and 1k items to std items

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
A quick way is to copy the spreadsheet by highlighting all the data rows up to the last field, not the whole sheet, then simply paste the data onto the sql table.
If you start with an empty table, start the paste onto the first row and the rest will populate correctly.
This assumes you have the correct columns waiting on the SQL table.

Upvote 0

spartekas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
USA
A quick way is to copy the spreadsheet by highlighting all the data rows up to the last field, not the whole sheet, then simply paste the data onto the sql table.
If you start with an empty table, start the paste onto the first row and the rest will populate correctly.
This assumes you have the correct columns waiting on the SQL table.

1st How me make 2082 rows plz 2nd +++++++++++++++++++++ rep 3 I been making new dbs just add a letter , I cant delete a damb thing, got Monster DB sorted I think 675 in db thats whats in my excell db. Prolly make screenie later, why isnt any1 doing that duh.

If we post a Problem, we need to post the solution we get then some1 else wont need to search 10 pages and find no answers that apply.

ADD---- fix 1 database make a seperate backup

newcrueldragonbasedata.bak

can put this anywere +++ Youtube

Upvote 0

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
You don't create an empty table with 2082 rows waiting for data.
Create a new, empty table. It will then have one, primary row of nulls.
Click the far left margin area of the row then paste your data.
All 2082 lines will paste in.

Try it on a new temp table with a few lines of data.

You can also create a new table and copy the old table's fields to it.
Create a new table in the same location as your problematic table. Leave it with the fields editor open and make no entries.
Now right click on the old table name in the Object Explorer and choose design. This will bring up the fields of the old table.
You can now highlight and copy all field rows and then go back to the newly opened table and paste the fields there by highlighting the first entry and paste.
Save the table with a new name.
Then find your 2082 lines of accurate data and paste them in to the new table.
It's a cumbersome way but effective way to remove dodgy entries.

Upvote 0