SQL personal Edition

hallmat

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 19, 2007
i dont know if this is allowed to be put on here so i wont till admin has pmed me back i have

Perosonal Editon for XP
Enterprise version for all other platforms exept linux if its avalible for it

the key is provided within the Rar file

this is the x86 format not the 32bit so make sure it is compatible before downloading

x86 is your normal operating system

32 bit is supposed to be faster but not many software are compatible with it

hallmat

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 19, 2007
ok well i cant use enterprise as its not XP bassed so i can only use personal no problems as of yet

i will upload this to a host tonight and then post link tomorrow

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Enterprise is good for everybody. Personal has limitations.

I have been through this before with a different person, the Enterprise Version Will Only Install on a Server O/S - if you try with the CD then it will install the Personal Edition. The Version you want actually is the Developers edition, Enterprise is great if you have more then one SQL Server, want Fall over etc - failing this, the Std Edtion will do the job just fine..

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
I have been through this before with a different person, the Enterprise Version Will Only Install on a Server O/S - if you try with the CD then it will install the Personal Edition. The Version you want actually is the Developers edition, Enterprise is great if you have more then one SQL Server, want Fall over etc - failing this, the Std Edtion will do the job just fine..

oh I kept thinking enterprise works on all...

dev it is.

hallmat

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 19, 2007
sorry have been trying to get dev SQL as i have found the problem with personal

you cant use regserver as it wont allow it :S i dont know if it is regserver or if its the SQL

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
SQL Server 2000 has the following editions:

Personal Edition
Standard Edition
Enterprise Edition
Developer Edition
Desktop Engine
SQL Server CE
Evaluation Edition

Personal Edition can work on the Windows 98, Windows NT Server 4.0 with Service Pack 5 or later, Windows NT Workstation 4.0 with Service Pack 5 or later and on the all editions of Windows 2000. This edition is related to SQL Server 7.0 Desktop Edition.

This edition has some restrictions:

maximum 2 CPU
no Distributed Partitioned Views
no Log Shipping
no Parallel DBCC
no Parallel index creation
no Failover clustering
no publishing for transaction replication
maximum 2Gb RAM

Standard Edition can work on the Windows NT Server 4.0 with Service Pack 5, Windows NT Server 4.0 Enterprise Edition and on the Windows 2000 Server/Advanced Server/DataCenter.

This edition has the following restrictions:

maximum 4 CPU (up to 8 CPU on the Windows NT Enterprise Edition)
no Distributed Partitioned Views
no Log Shipping
no Parallel index creation
no Failover clustering
maximum 2Gb RAM

Enterprise Edition can work on the Windows NT Server 4.0 with Service Pack 5, Windows NT Server 4.0 Enterprise Edition and on the Windows 2000 Server/Advanced Server/DataCenter.

This edition can use:

• up to 32 CPU on the Windows 2000 DataCenter up to 8 CPU on the Windows 2000 Advanced Server and on the Windows NT Server 4.0 Enterprise Edition up to 4 CPU on the Windows NT Server 4.0 and on the Windows 2000 Server
  • up to 64Gb RAM on the Windows 2000 DataCenter up to 8 Gb RAM on the Windows 2000 Advanced Server up to 4 Gb RAM on the Windows 2000 Server up to 3 Gb RAM on the Windows NT Server 4.0 Enterprise Edition up to 2 Gb RAM on the Windows NT Server 4.0
  • Distributed Partitioned Views
  • Log Shipping
  • Parallel index creation
  • Failover clustering
The Developer Edition can be used by developers to create and debug stored procedures and triggers. This edition comes with its own compact disc and can be upgraded to SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition.

The Desktop Engine has no graphical user interface and is related to the MSDE, not to the SQL Server 7.0 Desktop Edition. The size of Desktop Engine databases cannot exceed 2 GB. The Desktop Engine can use maximum 2 CPU.

The SQL Server CE edition can work only on the Microsoft Windows CE, so it has all restrictions of this operation system (can use only 1 CPU, no Parallel index creation, no Full-Text Search and so on).

The Evaluation Edition can be used only for the test purposes to learn more about the new features and enhancements and should be uninstalled after a 120-day evaluation period.