Stable Diffusion for Mir Artwork

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man
attempting to install this on my PC atm, seems to be stuck on "Installing requirements for Web UI"
Unless it errors, give it time, my quick rig loads in like 3 mins, my slow like 10..

Always says that when you open it tho, if its the first run, wait longer than 10 mins lol

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Unless it errors, give it time, my quick rig loads in like 3 mins, my slow like 10..

Always says that when you open it tho, if its the first run, wait longer than 10 mins lol
ahh okay no worries, been going for over an hour so far but no errors

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man
Will be worth doing WemadeMir2/SmTiles.lib also to get full effect of HD ground - fortunately that files is much smaller than main tiles lib
Cool, I have a second rig, I'll run that along side the rest so hopefully both finish at same time
Post automatically merged:

ahh okay no worries, been going for over an hour so far but no errors
Sounds excessive but I dont have anything slower than an i7 so might not be... check out that unstable diffusion discord link from first post, they have a tech support section that's not bad for a community thing.

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Some more examples, as promised...

Again, I didn't put much effort in to any of this and its not a perfect solution or the answer to your graphics problems but its certainly a very useful tool to have in the toolbox.

So, maybe you want some new MP potion images....stable diffusion!

View attachment 31325

Oops, Maybe you wanted HP instead?
View attachment 31324

Don't want a background? ...OK!
(see attachment)
View attachment 31326

Don't need potions? no problem...
Being more specific about the style and what you want is up to you really...
View attachment 31330

Sometimes, txt2img doesnt really understand some stuff but you can simply regenerate the problem items with an alternate prompt, over and over until you find your perfect image...

View attachment 31343

You could possibly, maybe, even get new maps out it...
(i assume you would need way to load .png as a map etc...)
View attachment 31331

"That's cool and all but i'd just be happy to find high quality versions of the old stuff"
Well, thats fair, and ... Stable diffusion!

With img2img you can get "effectively the same image" but really, its a unique regeneration, and you can change the resolution, giving the appearance of upscaling. for example...

The old image, on the left. A basic img2img upscale in the middle. Img2img loopback on the right.
View attachment 31328 View attachment 31329 View attachment 31336
View attachment 31337 View attachment 31338 View attachment 31339

Is it the same character, not really... but thats good when they lawyers come knocking.... Is it close enough, yeah pretty much and you can continue to re-generate with different settings until it's right or get close enough (and drop it into photoshop still.)

Other artwork for websites or whatever, as seen in previous post, you can get a very similar look and simply changing the "prompt" will give some amazing results, for example, adding "photorealistic"
View attachment 31332 View attachment 31333

or adding "wearing a Helmet"..
View attachment 31334 View attachment 31335

Its really quite capable and gives the avarage joe a chance to create some great art/graphics etc

I'm not sure what other examples to give really, I don't have any mir assets to hand either...

I hope the above adds something anyways...

Any questions or anything?
what was the text prompt for the potions? all of mine come out looking like a 2 year old got given a paint brush 😂

Reactions: DiabloVodkaShot

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
Any 1 come across this error yet : RuntimeError: Could not allocate tensor with 4920320 bytes. There is not enough GPU video memory available!

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man
SmTiles :
Will be worth doing WemadeMir2/SmTiles.lib also to get full effect of HD ground - fortunately that files is much smaller than main tiles lib
SmTiles: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmKcIKqT_Aepg7ob6L5ip-aRJcVLlA?e=auMbDV
Tiles: 48,000/60,000

what was the text prompt for the potions? all of mine come out looking like a 2 year old got given a paint brush 😂

I think the icons were this one : https://civitai.com/models/4052/handpainted-rpg-icons
[rpgicondiff:4] a picture of Holy relic
Size: 512x512, Seed: 2843165272, Model: RPG-Icons-v1.2_step_3000, Steps: 70, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 7, Model hash: 66473eff

I think the Potions were this one : https://civitai.com/models/3523/magical-potions
photo of a potion, (potion has orange liquid flickers and smoke fills the top of the glass bottle:1.0), dragon breath, simple background
Negative prompt: multiple potions
ENSD: -1, Size: 512x512, Seed: 583140262, Steps: 33, Sampler: Euler a, Hypernet: magical and cosmical, CFG scale: 11, Batch pos: 0, Clip skip: 2, Batch size: 4, Model hash: ebd5057f, Hires upscale: 1.5, Hypernet hash: d47747b6, Hires upscaler: Latent, Denoising strength: 0.7

mrgreaper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 16, 2006
big fan of ai art(though i use comfyui more than anything else)

Has anyone found a solution to the low resolution nature of the mir assets?
I tried to train a LORA on the mir assets but they are simply too small. Even with the most advanced upscaling the assets do not have enough detail in them to be even remotly close to the originals once upscalled.
I need to read through the whole of this thread when at home and have more time though.

For resizing... buffs etc https://www.birme.net/?target_width=24&target_height=24 that site uses your own pc. so nothing uploaded, its a web utility so to speak. Have used it to resize hundreds of images at a time when training embeddings and LORA's

Last edited:

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man
Ooof, short answer no. Long answer, its a sort of best guess situation. Different models will take a different guess, for the tiles batch im doing im using SwinIR4x + R-ESRGAN4x, with scale of 4. Which looks... OK... but when the resolution is dropped I expect not much difference.

SwinIR leaves it kinda grainy, RESRGAN kinda smooth so mix the 2 for a mid way and get what I have.

No idea what scaling by 1x would look like, probably go heavier on R-ESRGAN, or i still wanna try that Nickelback scaling model... and not sure what resizing will give for an end result...

Perfect world, maybe we code for 2 asset "packs" and the "HD" pack keeps the 4x resolution but scales everything without losing resolution, those with 8k monitors would notice more than those in 1080p kind of thing.

big fan of ai art(though i use comfyui more than anything else)

Has anyone found a solution to the low resolution nature of the mir assets?
I tried to train a LORA on the mir assets but they are simply too small. Even with the most advanced upscaling the assets do not have enough detail in them to be even remotly close to the originals once upscalled.
I need to read through the whole of this thread when at home and have more time though.

For resizing... buffs etc https://www.birme.net/?target_width=24&target_height=24 that site uses your own pc. so nothing uploaded, its a web utility so to speak. Have used it to resize hundreds of images at a time when training embeddings and LORA's
I use ImageMagick for most normal image/batch stuff, windows app.

mrgreaper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 16, 2006
Ooof, short answer no. Long answer, its a sort of best guess situation. Different models will take a different guess, for the tiles batch im doing im using SwinIR4x + R-ESRGAN4x, with scale of 4. Which looks... OK... but when the resolution is dropped I expect not much difference.

SwinIR leaves it kinda grainy, RESRGAN kinda smooth so mix the 2 for a mid way and get what I have.

No idea what scaling by 1x would look like, probably go heavier on R-ESRGAN, or i still wanna try that Nickelback scaling model... and not sure what resizing will give for an end result...

Perfect world, maybe we code for 2 asset "packs" and the "HD" pack keeps the 4x resolution but scales everything without losing resolution, those with 8k monitors would notice more than those in 1080p kind of thing.

I use ImageMagick for most normal image/batch stuff, windows app.
very impressed with what i am seeing in the thread.

I used gigabyte (think that was the name) and the results were aweful.

Comfyi has some upscaling nodes but they are not good for this, had some trys at that and the upscales came out...wrong.... this was zircon files though, i wonder if zircon files are lower resolution than crystal ones? may need to download crystal and have a play.

I notice automatic1111 was mentioned in the first post.... not surprising as it tends to be everyones go to for ai art (comfyui gives more control but is not user friendly at first glance)

Just to share a good upscale method in automatic1111 for people generating thier own images:
generate in automatic as you would normally.
then send the image to imgtoimg
in script choose SD Upscale
set the denoise to about 30 (IMPORTANT or you end up with a montage)
tile over lap 96
ideally choose 4x-UltraSharp or 4x_foolhardy_Remacri (you may have to download them to your models/ESRGAN folder, I dont have links to hand)
set it to 3x or 4x thats up to you how big you want the file tbh
then hit generate

it splits the image into 6 even sections and does each section as though its a new image (i believe it encodes it then adds a bit of noise as per the denoise, then processes it) then it stitches it back together... end result is great... and it doesnt take a ton of VRAM to do it (my 6gb vram laptop does it with out issue)

Just putting that here in case anyone needs it

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man
very impressed with what i am seeing in the thread.

I used gigabyte (think that was the name) and the results were aweful.

Comfyi has some upscaling nodes but they are not good for this, had some trys at that and the upscales came out...wrong.... this was zircon files though, i wonder if zircon files are lower resolution than crystal ones? may need to download crystal and have a play.

I notice automatic1111 was mentioned in the first post.... not surprising as it tends to be everyones go to for ai art (comfyui gives more control but is not user friendly at first glance)

Just to share a good upscale method in automatic1111 for people generating thier own images:
generate in automatic as you would normally.
then send the image to imgtoimg
in script choose SD Upscale
set the denoise to about 30 (IMPORTANT or you end up with a montage)
tile over lap 96
ideally choose 4x-UltraSharp or 4x_foolhardy_Remacri (you may have to download them to your models/ESRGAN folder, I dont have links to hand)
set it to 3x or 4x thats up to you how big you want the file tbh
then hit generate

it splits the image into 6 even sections and does each section as though its a new image (i believe it encodes it then adds a bit of noise as per the denoise, then processes it) then it stitches it back together... end result is great... and it doesnt take a ton of VRAM to do it (my 6gb vram laptop does it with out issue)

Just putting that here in case anyone needs it
Note on this for anyone thats looking for it: you need to install the Ultimate SD Upscale extension from extentions tab in a1111 for the script to show up.

Side note, haven't tried tried it yet but had it I stalled for a while, cheers for settings to try.

Reactions: mrgreaper

mrgreaper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 16, 2006
Note on this for anyone thats looking for it: you need to install the Ultimate SD Upscale extension from extentions tab in a1111 for the script to show up.

Side note, haven't tried tried it yet but had it I stalled for a while, cheers for settings to try.
thought that was now part of the standard install, i know it used to be an extension though?

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
SmTiles didnt come out too well unfortunately
00350369becd70dc2b7a175be4da15b0.jpg

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man
Yeah that's horrible, might be my other rig, I'll re-run them on main when tiles finish. Shame though, not what I was hoping for, if that's going to be the end result :(

SmTiles didnt come out too well unfortunately
00350369becd70dc2b7a175be4da15b0.jpg
Is that because they are still 4x normal resolution? Did you resize at all?

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
Yeah that's horrible, might be my other rig, I'll re-run them on main when tiles finish. Shame though, not what I was hoping for, if that's going to be the end result :(

Is that because they are still 4x normal resolution? Did you resize at all?

I resized them back down in the lib yea

meacher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Isle of Man
I resized them back down in the lib yea
Damn, that's disappointing :(
I'll run them again just in case.

can someone point me in the direction of the code handling the tiles?
i'd like to look at keeping the 4x resolution but having the game scale the image to fit right again and hopefully fix that blur effect from the SmTiles test.

tall order im sure but i'd still like to take a look, struggling to find it though...

Last edited: