Starfield

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
I'm just about to give this a go, but for the people who have already played this in early access or perhaps had a late night last night, what are your thoughts?

How are you finding the story, the game play, performance?

The stuff I've heard so far is good (except PC performance, god help me). Though I do have a Series X for back up if it ends up playing like a bag of balls on PC.

🚀🛰️

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
I've "downloaded" it, yet to install it, kinda not expecting much tbh, but you never know!

Slipmatt

Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
great game, will probably get GOTY
From what I've read and seen, it's everything everyone ever wanted from No Man's Sky and more.
Post automatically merged:

I've "downloaded" it, yet to install it, kinda not expecting much tbh, but you never know!
As you say, you never know. You may very well leave surprised. I've just finished downloading it now so about to load the game. I'll report back.

Reactions: Martyn

Slipmatt

Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
So far, its not a bad game. Story line seems pretty decent, though there are some intricacies that the game does well teaching you to do (Unlike NMS when it first released).

Game is heavily demanding. I don't have the greatest PC but even on low/med settings I struggle for 40-50 fps. Fps for me is a biggy, I struggle to play games with low FPS as I got so used to my 280 hz screen that when a game isn't as smooth I instantly notice the drop in performance.

RTX 2080 Super
32 GB 3200mhz RAM,
i9 9900KF
M2 SSD

Reactions: Omnibus