Ruby Start up Error:

smoochy boys on tour

oldun

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 16, 2008
Hey guys,

Been playin with Ruby files and got an error on starting server, after following the ,pdf guide closely:

server.jpg

Not sure how to put this damn screenshot in being the techie that I am :welcoming:

Any help at all appreciated guys

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Assuming you have MS SQL 20xx set up correctly, can you open the StdItem.db database yourself ?
Make sure your StdItem.db has the correct number of fields because the last release added a couple more columns including Viewname and Description at the end.

Upvote 0

oldun

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 16, 2008
Excuse the dumb reply, but where do I find that DB?

---------- Post Merged at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Assuming its the one in LOM2Res, then yes I can open it and the last column is Flexibility, about 1400 items.

Upvote 0

oldun

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 16, 2008
yes, followed the ruby install pdf, got sql version 2005 installed. Did all the databases according to the guide.

Just thought of something though, I am using the updated M2server file, which I changed AFTER I restored the databases....could that make a difference?

Upvote 0

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Use the latest M2Server, DBServer and Mir.exe
As I said in the first reply, make sure your item db has all the extra columns.

The item db is found via your SQL2005 by starting it, look across the left for Object Explorer and look for folder marked Databases.
Open that and see the LOM2 databases, open LOM2Res. You want RES_STDITEMS.

Upvote 0

oldun

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 16, 2008
Am using all those files, and as I posted earlier; Assuming its the one in LOM2Res, then yes I can open it and the last column is Flexibility, about 1400 items.

Sorry if I didn't make that clear. Edit....<<<<being thick, obviously I do not have the latest stditems DB cos I haven't got the columns you mention. That being the case, where do I get the latest from?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0