Sting 3G - Live 1st Jan 2007

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Sting3G - Mir 3, 3.55 Server

4 * Exp
1 * Gold
1 * Spawns
1 * Drops

All items (above level 20) new
All weapons new (including fixes for the dodgy weapons i.e. ValorBlade)
New Mobs (Not just the new euro ones)
All mobs tweaked
Every Script rewritten from scratch for ease of use.

376 Daily Quests giving FamePoints
10 Initial Quests
80 Job Quests with Job specific rewards (being written)

Lots of Integral options
Integral in drops
Integral trades from FamePoints
Possible Integral bonus every 30 mins you stay online
Integral exchange from Booty

Muscle/Para/Pro/Tele/Revival/Skill/Recall items in game

PK Allowed for over level 40's (and only on level 40+'s)

2 New Levelling caves - Level 30 ish and Level 50 ish

Registration will be via the Loader

Web Site being created atm

No Abuse will be tolerated, please review the forum, all discussion is on their regarding the server, suggestions are welcome and will be good before server goes live, if I like it I can get it in before it goes live.

Server will be up for testing to the public on the 26th December (until the 30th) - assuming any of you can actually see the screen at that point, a few mobs will be invisible without the patch but can be looked at. Will reward testers with integral to start with. Server will be wiped on the 30th and any adjustments made ready for open release.

Master/Apprentice disabled due to its destruction of the Group Hunt...

Stings Patch should be around 180mb, but will require a new Euro Install patched with the standard Euro Autopatch.

Any questions post away :D

Edit >>>>>>>>>

MonsterIsland Event
ChallengeRoom Event
CaptureTheFlag (CTF) Event (Writing now)
PK Battle (LMS) Event (10 Integral to Join - LMS Takes all).

Sorry, keep thinking of new stuff I have stuck in :D

Last edited:

D-GoN

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 6, 2005
sounds nice i like the low exp maybe the pk limit is a lil bit too high :)

fold

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 12, 2005
sounds great BUT i doubt u'll get over 10 players actually playing FULL time due to the low low exp rate,

possible to make it 10x? as im sure a hell of a lot more people would be willing to play on a 10x server compared to a 4x

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
I personally think that Exp rate is irrelevent, because instead of slowing down @ 40, you slow down at 100 instead. I could increase Exp to 10 times and just change all the items so they are 2.5 times higher..

Anyway, thanks for the post.. your welcome to come and give it a spank :D

Re: PK, it is either 40+ or none PK at all. PK might get Sting a few more players, but the hastle that goes with it is not something that I am willing to put up with.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Well ida you could make it better
i.e. get rid of nub items -32
Fromm 33+ new items
And exp different :
Level 1-22 x15
Level 22-33 x12
Level 33-40 x10
Level 40+ x7
Level 50+ x5
Level 60+ x4
I think this is a good way to attract more ppl ;)
And since you adding loads of quests why not add GP on items need to wear not just the level/quality/rare example : EndlessRing (dc 0-10) GP 100 etc
Para/Pro etc : 2000 GP

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Well ida you could make it better
i.e. get rid of nub items -32
Fromm 33+ new items
And exp different :
Level 1-22 x15
Level 22-33 x12
Level 33-40 x10
Level 40+ x7
Level 50+ x5
Level 60+ x4
I think this is a good way to attract more ppl ;)
And since you adding loads of quests why not add GP on items need to wear not just the level/quality/rare example : EndlessRing (dc 0-10) GP 100 etc

Nice ideas, although levelling will be quite easy to get to 40+ anwyay, if anyone wants to level super fast.

All "Special" items will be really rare, so its a case of finding it first. Although I like the idea of FamePoints to where the Para's Pro's etc

Sandstorm87

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 19, 2006
Cambridgeshire
good luck with the server m8 if i ever take a break from WoW u can be sure il be there as i know u and im sure ur more than capable of putting up a good server that will be well worth playing good luck mate

/Knightmare

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK

Just thought I would pass this on, the 3 type of super rings

Para/Pro/Muscle

They all come in 3 formats

Level 20

ParaRing
ProRing
MuscleRing

Level 60

DemonPara
DemonPro
DemonMuscle

Level 80

GodPara
GodPro
GodMuscle

Each getting progressively better stats, going with Vagrants idea, I will be lowering the level requirement (20/40/60) and adding FP's to wear, (1000, 2000, 3000 FP's - it will be worth saving these up).

All other special items will be "Rare" status (Recall,Revival ETC)

Final note Re: special rings, none of these items can be worn as a wedding ring, the wedding NPC will check you are not carrying one, and to stop people bypassing it, it will check on login if you are wearing one as a wedding ring, if so it will simply take it off you (harsh I know, but.. :p).

Special Scrolls in game

SpecialRepairScroll - SR on the move
RefineScroll - Refine while hunting
StorageScroll - Use Storage while hunting

Each of these can be purchased by Integral (Although very cheap so can be obtained easily using integral from drops, the bonus system and FP/Booty transfers).

RespawnScroll - Allows you to res on the spot (instead of having to res in town)
TalismanBundle(Holy) - Splits to 6 HolyTalisman(L)
TalismanBundle(Dark) - Splits to 6 DarkTalisman(L)

These can be purchased from the GroceryMan in OldBichon.

vanelord

LOMCN n00bie
Nov 11, 2006
mmm sounds great, cant wait to play on it, just make a sure tao is good char to play it :) take the best from all mir servers to do that ;)
i mean tao mobs hurts not only like pussy, sof worked good so i can sof my 2 mobs even if my sof skill is maxed, and my beaches have some hp, more then hens, pigs or cows ;) so i can play there longer without get angry. cya in game cause i definitly check this server, it interest me very much cause of it exp is low and many addons.

fold

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 12, 2005
this server. from what ive tested it ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT, yes the exp is low, but vadge its no faster/slower than VitalElementz, u gotta admit that server was fun even tho it was pretty low exp, still a few bugs, which i am ingame lookin for when he puts it back up for me :).
if this server is long term, with the exp rate he has choosen, it WILL be easy to lvl, last night i played for 4hours, i made lvl 29 on my war and my girlfirend made lvl 23 on taoist(didnt want to goto bed, but made her).

he added a "kill pet" option last night fro them damn pig/chickens that u cant kill at lvl 1 :), cost the same ammount as renting a random pet.

the spawns are removed from EVERY province so u get no un-neccesary lag.

this server seems to be a server u coud play for months and not get bored :)

/PwNeD

ty ida :D

looking forward to it going live :):)

Last edited:

gargus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 7, 2004
i like the ideas and everything. but i really don't like idea with pro/para having 3000GP on it. i bet you won't get 3000 FP off quests, so the only way to do so will be to donate and get integral, then to change it on FP. lol u can bet i won't pay any cent for it.

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
You can't exchange Integral to FamePoints, the only way to get FP's is to do the daily quests.

And the para's etc will start at 1000 FamePoints for the basic Para/Pro/Muscle, but if you save up to 2000 you could wear a demon para.. DC0-5 AC0-5 (level 40), save up to 3000 and you could wear a GodPara DC0-10 AC0-10 (but you also gotta be level 60).

Finally donation isn't the only way of getting Integral, hell the server isn't even live yet. As stated above, Integral can be obtained as follows

EVERY mobs drop file (apart from farm animals) has Integral scrolls
Collect Booty (high drop rate) and convert to Integral
Just stay on line for 30 mins and you have a chance of "Winning" some Integral
Help with the server and I will give you some Integral (Bug reporting, ideas etc).

These drops will mostly give you Integral(1) scroll's but there is a system set up so that even if you AFK for 9 hours (max time set for the Integral online system) you have a chance of getting up to 25 Integral. Plus with drops as well, and collecting booty (which is dropped by ALL mobs apart from Town Mobs) you could collect 100 integral a day.

This is not something that I want to make money off, IF you donate it would go to something to do with the server and ONLY on stuff for the server.

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
i like the ideas and everything. but i really don't like idea with pro/para having 3000GP on it. i bet you won't get 3000 FP off quests, so the only way to do so will be to donate and get integral, then to change it on FP. lol u can bet i won't pay any cent for it.

I believe you change FP to Integral, not the other way round so no donating is not an issue in getting those items.

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Hi, someone called "bailey" just applied to the forum and I pressed deny by accident, can you register again and I promise I will press the right button :p

checkra1n

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 30, 2006
Good luck with the new server - I ll for sure try it :)

Will Taos get any new pets, with mass kill ?(you do know alot about Taos)

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
I love my Tao's. for Tao's specifically I have increased Jin from the standard sucky stats, you also get a Pet @ level 48 called TaoLord that has mass poison, he is not overly strong, but we shall see what he is like when people get there.

For wizzies you get the FireTrail spell @ level 52+ (Basically the ScorchEarth spell made alot stronger - its never used anyway lol). Renounce is limited to level 3 and cannot be taken any higher (for the time being).

For warrior's it starts a little negative with Might and Defiance both limited to level 3 (at least for the time being until I see how it pans out). The bonus's are you get good A.Speed and HP Steal items at around 50+, so this should make them a force to be reckoned with.

Status
Not open for further replies.