struggling

smoochy boys on tour

viper67

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2006
been working on mir3 server for a while (4-5days) as far as i can see got all ips right but cant log on from another computer get past login (id n pass bit) thenclick stable and nothing page just stays the same the other comp has seperate modem so it needs public ips which i have checked checked and checked again want to make server so that i can produce working upgrades for other private servers (as i bored with lvling all the time) imade a mir2 server np which i had running for friends for a couple of years with np this has just stumped me completely

thx inadvance

btw ive spent last 2 days on forum trying to resolve this b4 i posted tried everything but to no avail

Angelis

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 9, 2007
Ya the EI IP needs to be done like all other IP's

C:\Mud3\mir3server\HolleyDBSvr\HolleyDBSvrEiIP.txt

Last edited:
Upvote 0

viper67

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2006
as far as i was aware it should be local ip in here but tried with public ip still no joy

Last edited:
Upvote 0

viper67

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2006
tried on 2 comps m8 first was basic 2.2 p4 512meg ram 160 gig hd etc second was p4 64bit 3.2 dual core 2 gig ddr2 ram dual sli graphics 2 sata 120 gig hds so i dont think comp is issue will post a screeny though when i get bk to server comp

gonna try few different server files might just be bug with 1s im using

Upvote 0

viper67

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2006
1 i have reinstalled windows xp
2 i have installed fresh copy of sql
3 reinstalled mud3
4 followed LS guide to the letter everything works server side from what i can see
(is there any other programs i have to run apart from all the server gates netcheck loader3g etc)
5 reinstalled mir3 on client computer (fresh download from lom)
6 changed mir.cin to point to my test server
7 manually made account on test server (mir3 server comp)
8 run mir exe
9 logged into game
10 still cant get past server select

tbh i can see if ive done anything wrong ,everything install correctly as far as im aware but still no joy

Upvote 0

MasterQ

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 6, 2006
London
You mean when you click on "Server name (good)"

if so go into SQL, under Account there is TBL_SELECTGATEIPS make sure the name is set to your server name and IP is set to either your ip or lan ip.

Upvote 0

viper67

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2006
You mean when you click on "Server name (good)"

if so go into SQL, under Account there is TBL_SELECTGATEIPS make sure the name is set to your server name and IP is set to either your ip or lan ip.

will retry that again but i have checked n rechecked everything at least 3 times ,it will be something stupid i missed at a guess ive spent way to much time doing this and to many hours in front of the monitor lol

Upvote 0