Sun, Dell, HP Resell

AgentSmith

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 30, 2003
Sheffield (S2)
Currently working for a reseller of server equipment PIII, ultra sparks and so on just got a good haul and if anyone is looking for a mess around server or something to paly with solaris on i could do you a nice deal.

Edit:

Have come into a lot of dell poweredge 2650 rangeing from Xeon 1.8GHz to 3.06GHz with 1 to 2GB memory depending on your budget.

also have a Dell poweredge 2550s PIII from 933MHz to 1.26 MHz with 1 to 2GB memory depending on your price range.

Last edited:

mapadale

Currently working for a reseller of server equipment PIII, ultra sparks and so on just got a good haul and if anyone is looking for a mess around server or something to paly with solaris on i could do you a nice deal.
What sort of servers.

Can you list some with full specs here as well as prices.

Looking mainly for proliants.

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
I give you a littel Tip with proliants... ^^ Don't buy HP/proliants is not more the same good old Hardware from Compaq :( The Server is full change all you have now is a HP Server with Compaq Name. Ahmm ^^ I have long Time work by Compaq and latter for HP so you see I don't say bull****.
Better buy older 100% Compaq Proliants ;-)

mapadale

I give you a littel Tip with proliants... ^^ Don't buy HP/proliants is not more the same good old Hardware from Compaq :( The Server is full change all you have now is a HP Server with Compaq Name. Ahmm ^^ I have long Time work by Compaq and latter for HP so you see I don't say bull****.
Better buy older 100% Compaq Proliants ;-)
If they are P3 as he as stated then they are the true compaq proliant and not the hp/compaq 1s.

And I dont really mind anyway as long as they are at a price that i know they should be and not at what a re-seller thinks they should be - this should also include all drives also.

AgentSmith

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 30, 2003
Sheffield (S2)
mapadale send me a pm if you live in Sheffield like it says your very welcome to come to the warehouse and look around, we are located just off queens road behind halfords. If you think you could make it fell free to pm me, arrange a time and date

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
If they are P3 as he as stated then they are the true compaq proliant and not the hp/compaq 1s.

And I dont really mind anyway as long as they are at a price that i know they should be and not at what a re-seller thinks they should be - this should also include all drives also.

^^ I undesrstand you with Pure Proliant, the good old Compaq Proliant you have very low problems...

mapadale

^^ I undesrstand you with Pure Proliant, the good old Compaq Proliant you have very low problems...
The last proliant I had was an old one, only paid £14 for it with 8 drives as well.

Ripped it apart and fixed in the 1 1/2ft long raid array into my pc lol. Took some doing as well, had to mod my case a little lol.