Sep 10, 2005
unfortunately yes,, shouldnt take long unless u have a dial up connection

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
yer ive done it, restored the database alright and that

gettin an error in the m2 server tho with maps... its loadin maps from C:\Program Files\Hell 2.3 client\Map\ ...

look in the setup.txt at bottom says this...

i changed to MapDir=C:\Mirserver\M2Server\Map but there are still some maps missin and spams the m2 server sayin they are missin (i just have basics from euro).

am downloadin hell server client atm and gonna use that map folder.. but gonna take an hour -.-

[Share]
BaseDir=.\Share\
GuildDir=.\GuildBase\Guilds\
GuildFile=.\GuildBase\GuildList.txt
VentureDir=.\ShareV\
ConLogDir=.\ConLog\
CastleDir=.\Envir\Castle\
CastleFile=.\Envir\Castle\List.txt
EnvirDir=.\Envir\
MapDir=C:\Program Files\Hell 2.3 client\Map\
NoticeDir=.\Notice\
LogDir=.\Log\
PlugDir=.\Plug-in\

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
[Share]
BaseDir=.\Share\
VentureDir=.\ShareV\
ConLogDir=.\ConLog\
EnvirDir=.\Envir\
MapDir=.\Map <<< copy your maps to m2folder and change that line
NoticeDir=.\Notice\
LogDir=.\Log\
PlugDir=.\Plug-in\

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
ok i fixed it it looks like this for ne1 getin this error in future, u just didnt add the extra \ at end jasper thats why it wasnt openin for me -.- fixed now tho

[Share]
BaseDir=.\Share\
VentureDir=.\ShareV\
ConLogDir=.\ConLog\
EnvirDir=.\Envir\
MapDir=.\Map\
NoticeDir=.\Notice\
LogDir=.\Log\
PlugDir=.\Plug-in\

got a new error in m2 server now... says

Loaded client version information and server table...
Loading StdItem.DB...
StdItem.DB loaded(758).
Loading MapFiles...
Mapfile loaded(429).
DecoItem loaded..
Loading Guild Territorys...
Loading Monster.DB...
Monster.DB loaded(502).
Loading Magic.DB...
Magic.DB loaded(55).
Loading MonGen.txt...
MonGen.txt loaded(255).
Loading GenMsg.txt...
GenMsg.txt loaded(6).
Loading UnbindList.txt...
UnbindList information loaded.
Loading BindList.txt...
BindList information loaded.
Loading MapQuest.txt...
MapQuest.txt : Failure was occurred while reading this file.Code= -14

the bit in bold is the error i guess lol :P

any ideas how to fix plz?

Last edited:

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
open mapquest.txt and delete line 14 ghoul on ermmm d4221 map? (line 14 anyway, including blank lines)

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
open mapquest.txt and delete line 14 ghoul on ermmm d4221 map? (line 14 anyway, including blank lines)
n1 that fixed the error

im gettin no OK screen now tho...

so technically it is online....?

i think that windows socket error is an issue?

also i cant seem 2 maximize my loginsrv/logingate.... it just stays minimized and wont come up so i can see it lol

Last edited:

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
im not sure about the socket error, maybe reboot,,

but the maximise thing,, theres position inis for all the exes,, try changing them to the same as one that you can see, they are maximised,, just off screen so to speak

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
im not sure about the socket error, maybe reboot,,

but the maximise thing,, theres position inis for all the exes,, try changing them to the same as one that you can see, they are maximised,, just off screen so to speak
dont worry killmaster sorted it for me.

servers online fine now

altho im a total noob to 2.3, im havin trouble addin npcs -.- ive added the script to market_def and added the npc into the TBL_MERCHANT on sgl... but the npc aint appearin ingame ~.~ dunno wot im doin wrong lol

even tried addin the script to npc_def and addin the npc to TBL_NPC but no dice o.O

edit: well if i change an old NPC and replace with my new 1 it works... it seems i jsut cant add more -.- is there a limit to the amount of NPCs u can have im guessin?

another problem... why do loads of npcs have a bunch of random crap in it? for example pot shop has mir armor and maces .... ive checked the NPC scripts, it doesnt say it sells that.. so whys it there?

Last edited:

gizzy0001

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 26, 2005
dont worry killmaster sorted it for me.

servers online fine now

altho im a total noob to 2.3, im havin trouble addin npcs -.- ive added the script to market_def and added the npc into the TBL_MERCHANT on sgl... but the npc aint appearin ingame ~.~ dunno wot im doin wrong lol

even tried addin the script to npc_def and addin the npc to TBL_NPC but no dice o.O

edit: well if i change an old NPC and replace with my new 1 it works... it seems i jsut cant add more -.- is there a limit to the amount of NPCs u can have im guessin?

another problem... why do loads of npcs have a bunch of random crap in it? for example pot shop has mir armor and maces .... ive checked the NPC scripts, it doesnt say it sells that.. so whys it there?

what did kill master get you to do as i had exsactly the same error still cant work it out as for fixing items
simple go in to ENVIR folder look for market_prices and market_saved delete every file in them 2 folders then start up your server
should fix that problem

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
wot error u getttin?

cant add new NPCs?

u can only add 1 at a time, and u have to fill in all the fields before u move onto the next row.

i was tryin to do like 3-4 at a time.. eg typin in all the map names and coods 1st, then look, etc etc... u gotta do 1 at a time and dot he whole row tho ¬_¬

txt.doc 4tw copy paste lol.

and sorted the crap in shops thx

gizzy0001

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 26, 2005
I managed to get server working online and off line i managed to fix the guild creation proplem i have uploaded my DB witht he correct Tables that i am aware of im not showing any errors as of yet but i just like to help with all i can in improving this set of files

i would like to understand about coding this not easy for me it goes straight over my head lol

Attachments

• mir2sql2000Fixed.rar
    268.6 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

jpycf1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 13, 2007
i have got server up and running but i need a list of the item names i can make is there a file will all item names?

Last edited:

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
I'll probably get flamed for this but here goes..
I'm a novice when it comes to SQL servers. I've got MySQL 5 and tools but can't do the same restore on the dbs as is required with SQL2000.
I've looked on here for a link to SQL2000 and on MS Site.
Anyone give me a link to MS SQL2000 please ?

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
I found that link and others yet they all say that its a time limited eval version. So I didn't get it.
Nvm, ignore above

Found link on here with crack. Trying that now as all other installs dont even give me an icon in the systray.

Last edited:

jpycf1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 13, 2007
i have one more problems hat has just started today.

when i am loading m2server it always sticks at npc 46/230.

i have tried deleting database and restoring it and still same problem

Last edited:

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
does it stop and not go any further, try waiting a few mins and see what happens as sometimeswhen hoveing over the m2 it seems to freeze.

if that doesnt help go into the db and stop all npc and merchants loading someone will need to help u making a query for that as im not to clever with queries.

SELECT * FROM TBL_Merchant WHERE FLD_Enabled='0' or '1' or 'TRUE' 'FALSE'
==================================================
SELECT * FROM TBL_NPC WHERE FLD_Enabled='0' or '1' or 'TRUE' 'FALSE'

something like that set them so that they dont load up.

Zidio

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Nov 2, 2005
LOMCN
Hey guys i was thinking of stripping these files down and basicly releasing a 1 map server with a fresh db.

Just wondering if this would help anyone at all? Now we have to use sql its a bit of a pain sql having to read large amounts of stuff that genraly does not get used.

If a few show intrest i may sort something out.

Let me know!

/Zidio