Tera Beta Date

boothy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 23, 2007
When you preorder from the EU you have to wait for them to send you a key to your email for the preorder benefits, then you will be able to play when you redeem the key. Mine took about 6 hours to come though when I preordered =/

NA version don't even send you a key the preorder benefits are automatically applied to your account, dunno why EU isn't the same...

Last edited:

Cba2KillU

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 7, 2010
i got the 5 euro or something that gets taken of the full price when i buy the game. yet i still havent got a key or email of them.
my son orderd the 59.99 limit one ( i think) n got his key within a few hours n as been on last night as its up for weekend

edit

was thinking of gettin a bew pc for this but i aint got much to spend only after a tower and doesnt need a os

was thinking of this but aint to gd with specs n sht,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Venus-AMD...t=UK_Computing_DesktopPCs&hash=item23165988bb

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
purchased the key for 5 euro, and just downloading the client now. don't think download will be done today for 3pm, so i'll just be on tomorrow.

Does anyone know when the next beta will be after this weekend?

boothy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 23, 2007
next beta (CBT 2) is on 2nd March, NA beta is next weekend then it's ours again the following weekend

their doing a full weekend for CBT 2 instead of just 9 hours a day

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
ah ok, so week on week off? I suppose thats not too bad.

Any idea why don't they open beta during the week?

I've still got 8 hours left for download. Might just get an hour in tonight.

boothy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 23, 2007
I suppose they just don't want people to go through all of the content and get bored lol, they're raising the cap each week. The level caps 22 for this weekend then it's gonna be raised on the 2nd March for the next beta. They are doing a wipe before open beta which is 19th-24th April then they are doing another wipe before early access, I posted the schedule on the 1st page of this thread. Beta ends in 7 hours 20 mins from when I made this post, then it's open again tomorrow at 14:00 GMT until 23:00 GMT.

Cba2KillU

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 7, 2010
purchased the key for 5 euro, and just downloading the client now. don't think download will be done today for 3pm, so i'll just be on tomorrow.

Does anyone know when the next beta will be after this weekend?

i did the same andim still waitin for my key lol been bout week n 2 days

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
seriously in love with this game. can't fault it so far.

I'm level 12 Baraka Sorcerer

Cba2KillU

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 7, 2010
im not levelin alt in beta as no point ill be bored when its out n just quit b4 20 like to keep it all new

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Yeah its a prity there arn't multiple starting zones, but tbh i like doing it twice, then i can do it the right way the second twice around when i know what i'm doing.

do you know how this name reservation works? i've made a char, so when it wipes does that leave my name open until i create the char again?

boothy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 23, 2007
They are doing a wipe after OBT (Open Beta) on 24th April then opening the servers up on the 26th > 27th so people can create their characters/reserve names, then head start begins on 28th.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
so if someones already stolen my name in closed beta, in theory i can make a char after the wipe and get it back? Farril should be a copyrighted name.

Any one found any parts of it they don't like?

sumfuka

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 14, 2007
Any one found any parts of it they don't like?

0-22 is the most mind dumbing experience I have ever encountered in a game. The quests are totally uninteresting and the story line is non existent.

There are a major lack of mobs (due to server over population, hopefully fixed for live).

There are also problems with quest whee you have to kill a named mob. You find 30+ people all camping the same spot all trying to get the kill. Add on top of this that the mob spawns every 1 min and ur ****ed.

Escourt quests are the same story as above, everyone trying to click the npc at the same time. Silly respawn rates on the npcs.

Pvp happens in every level 11+ area, there is no punishment for killing, so high levels camp lower level areas and faceroll everyone, this is a major problem for places such as the mount quest. (ftr I like the kill anyone with no punishment, but I can understand why a lot of people will be QQing over it).

i should also mention the lag and frogstars bad reputation from running other games, once again I'm hopeful they will sort this for live.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
ah well i missed all the action then. i did see a lot of reviews about the queuing for mobs lol.

i only started on sunday, so the whole of the island was pretty much dead for me. quests were the same kill 10 mobs, go see this npc, but i don't mind that if its only the first 20 levels. i just use it as a change to get to grips with the game.

i joined pve, so didn't experience any pvp (not all the fond on constant pvp if im honest)

i enjoyed that i got to kill a couple of big bosses, but they were quite easy. the first big boss that recommended a group of 5 was solo'd easily, and the second one was even easier (might have been because i was already a few levels above it when i got there)

and no lag from me at all.

i have really high hopes from this game, been waiting for it since the rumours of lineage 2 staff leaving NCsoft to create it came about.

I don't play a lot of official mmos, so never have a story to them anyway, can't really judge if this story is better/worse than ones such as rift or aion.

---------- Post added 03-03-2012 at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was 21-02-2012 at 08:27 PM ----------

Anyone playing this weekend? im level 23 atm. enjoying it but wish i hadn't chosen a baraka. they jus so fat.

---------- Post added 18-03-2012 at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was 03-03-2012 at 11:35 PM ----------

bump again. Level 30 :) in pirates cove atm, and my god do the areas just get better and better each time.

Im finding the story abit of a ball ache to follow, one point it let me skip the story for a while so i had no clue who some people where.

loving that its not a grind though, as long as you keep doing the quests the levelling is easy.

I've tried pretty much every class now, and can't decide between warrior or sorcerer when the game starts. def gonna be a popori though.

Jesus

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
My mate played this weekends beta, and from what i saw of the game looks really polished and well made. If i was into these sort of mmo's i'd defo play it

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
It's bloody awesome is what it is ...Like many though, my pc and laptop don't meet the top end requirements which really show off the games tru colours.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i've got everything on top settings, though i can't help but think if i had a better graphics card it would look better.

level 32 and just got in to the labyrinth. Think thats me done for another 2 weeks :)

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
just been invited to closed beta test 30-1april just downloading now. should be intresting

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i've just been given another beta key for that weekend. I don't need one as i purchased the full pre order key. if anyone wants it (and will actually use it) let me know.

boothy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 23, 2007
I got a beta key for next weekend too if anyone wants:

CAWX445RCWN4737CJ4AN7HLA66G9GPKD

1.Go to http://account.tera-europe.com
2.Sign up. This will also be your game account!
3.Wait for the email verification
4.After the verification log into your account
5.Press the "enter code" button
6.Enter your key
7.Open your account overview
8.Download the client

Just post if you use so other people don't try to redeem it and it's invalid.