Terror

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord

Perrin

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 29, 2005
Re: TerrorUniverse

Perrin,I appreciate your concern but the way I see it, and so should you, is an advantage. I know where everything is, what's needs doing, where the weaknesses are (e.g. I currently have 1 half assed script that I've been able to exploit twice lol) now imagine if I didn't make this and I used it on launch? Badddddd lol
I can see both sides if i could be bothered to put the effort in with a server, i would want to do it myself, so i know all possible (hopefully) bugs are sorted prior to launch. but when the game eventually goes live or beta, i do believe you will need more than a one man team, as the number of servers i have seen that have failed with lack of GM ingame is daft, when someone puts hours of effort into making a server and then it fails is sacralidge.and no i am not hinting orsuggesting i want to help just i dont want to see a good idea like this fail at the last hurdle.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

I do see and understand, I have multiple hopeful solutions put in place to help in any way I can

1. Namelists, although mostly used for quests, I will use them to allow players to get a personal 1 on 1 chat about the problem. When checked and when I'm available I will PM the player. Ideally used for players who need to SHOW me something

2. Direct e-mail, I WILL respond to every e-mail received with a proper and professional response.

Obviously bare in mind I do have a personal life (I know you've heard it a million times before) BUT I am home almost every night unless I'm at a mates house for the night, and I will log on and check everything query related and as much as I can (All if possible)

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

But sadly at the end of the day, I too have seen my fair share of failed servers, and not from lack of GMs but to un-reliable and corrupt ones.

I do have one close friend to GM with me, but has no say in the server other than to reboot, make daily backups and post updates on server status if something goes wrong

store1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 23, 2011

Hello, I don't want to be seen as i am rushing you but, when will your beta be? :~) (Just thinking that it would be a good idea to do it in stages? instead of doing it all at the end?)

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Couldn't possibly tell you when I will put it up for a test run lol. But going by the amount of holes and missing NPCs I have at this time, it won't be for a while yet

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

More information has been added to main post...

ReBirth Teleport
Once the player has reached Lv.500, it's time to ReBirth!! This Teleport is quite simply upped in Exp to make leveling faster (As i'm not going to force you to grind your way back up lol) and the areas will be drop adjusted to drop ReBirth equipment (Undecided whether or not I will do GearBox/Special/Rare like before or just simple items)

ReBirth
ReBirth will be for players who have reached Lv.500!

In addition to the extra Teleport (ReBirth Teleport) there will be extra quests for extra books! These books will be the skills/spells of other classes! (e.g. MagicShield will become available to Warriors and Taoists)

Jesus

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Feb 3, 2011

Couldn't possibly tell you when I will put it up for a test run lol. But going by the amount of holes and missing NPCs I have at this time, it won't be for a while yet

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

More information has been added to main post...

ReBirth Teleport
Once the player has reached Lv.500, it's time to ReBirth!! This Teleport is quite simply upped in Exp to make leveling faster (As i'm not going to force you to grind your way back up lol) and the areas will be drop adjusted to drop ReBirth equipment (Undecided whether or not I will do GearBox/Special/Rare like before or just simple items)

ReBirth

In addition to the extra Teleport (ReBirth Teleport) there will be extra quests for extra books! These books will be the skills/spells of other classes! (e.g. MagicShield will become available to Warriors and Taoists)

Lol, warrior with magic shield, oh my.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Even though it was just an example...lol, i'll explain why that wouldn't make much of a difference

By the time Warriors would even have magic shield there MC would be practically non-existant, making it last all of 10 seconds lol

---------- Post added 22-03-2012 at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was 21-03-2012 at 08:09 PM ----------

Due to problems with the Exit Hole plan, I have had to take a different approach rather than creating a Safezone Ring.

Instead the exit holes will be presented on the minimap rather than on the map itself, and will have an NPC to talk to in order to get out.

Although am open to suggestions as to what colour the minimap indicator should be?

The holes will be clearly visible on the minimap as it will be outlined just as an entrance/exit is on a cave

---------- Post added 24-03-2012 at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was 22-03-2012 at 10:21 PM ----------

Feedback required!
Need you're feedback on the possibility of adding Para's, Pro's and Rev rings

Asking as I'm not adjusting the default value of HP/MP, so with higher stats you will be dieing quicker, yes or no and why please

Timmy20231

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 12, 2009
Gy

Even though it was just an example...lol, i'll explain why that wouldn't make much of a difference

By the time Warriors would even have magic shield there MC would be practically non-existant, making it last all of 10 seconds lol

---------- Post added 22-03-2012 at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was 21-03-2012 at 08:09 PM ----------

Due to problems with the Exit Hole plan, I have had to take a different approach rather than creating a Safezone Ring.

Instead the exit holes will be presented on the minimap rather than on the map itself, and will have an NPC to talk to in order to get out.

Although am open to suggestions as to what colour the minimap indicator should be?

---------- Post added 24-03-2012 at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was 22-03-2012 at 10:21 PM ----------

Feedback required!
Need you're feedback on the possibility of adding Para's, Pro's and Rev rings

Asking as I'm not adjusting the default value of HP/MP, so with higher stats you will be dieing quicker, yes or no and why please

Minimap indicator colours, Red people seen as Dark Red, Mobs seen as orange, NPC's seen as light blue, White Players White, Yellow Players Yellow.

Paras/Pros/Rev Rings... If your going to add them in make everyone start off with one or some beginner quest to use if not i'd suggest having none ingame at all.

Loving the idea's btw but might want to make it so that all kits don't have same stats otherwise be seeing wizzes/taos dc'ing warriors with ease lol well my view of it is really.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
I have taken the stats into consideration, but the end of the days are Wizzys and Taos really going to use there weapons? Lol, think not :D even if they did, AC is increasing just as much, so they wouldn't hit half as much as a Warrior

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

As for the Para's, Pro's and Rev's.

I did intend to have quests for ones with not so brilliant stats, then proper ones from boss's

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Extra Information Added to Main post...
Upgrades
The Upgrade NPC will be specific for Gear Box's only.

This will allow players to avoid having to find the better Graded box's, but at the expense of losing everything.

(Grade 0) Gear Box will have a 1 in 8 chance of upgrading to Grade 1 (+)
(Grade 1) Gear Box will have a 1 in 16 chance of upgrading to Grade 2 (++)
(Grade 2) Gear Box will have a 1 in 32 chance of upgrading to Grade 3 (+++)

If the upgrade fails, the player completely loses the box. But this service is completely for free!

---------- Post added 27-03-2012 at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was 25-03-2012 at 10:17 PM ----------

REVAMPED HUNTING CAVES
As the leveling caves will be simply one map and different dependant on your level, I felt the need to adjust the actual caves of the server.

Instead of having the traditional "further you go the harder it gets" I'm going to have a certain floor specific for each class

E.g.
ZT 1st = ZumaArchers (Wizard Floor)
ZT 2nd = ZumaStatues (Taoist Floor)
ZT 3rd = ZumaGuarduans (Warrior Floor)
ZT 4th = All 3 (This would be the long 5th floor spiral)
ZT KR = Direct entrance from 4th skipping the maze

Floor 1-3 would have there entrances right next to each other (Such as it was when Mir first released)

Hopefully if I can get the map editor working I will supply all the caves with a door next to its previous entrance like ZT

Feedback welcome ;)

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
Soo i'm guessing..

ZT 1st - 4th - KR?
ZT 2nd - 4th - KR?
ZT 3rd - 4th - KR?

Also will there be the ones after the maze?

Lookin good mate.

-Ash

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Soo i'm guessing..

ZT 1st - 4th - KR?
ZT 2nd - 4th - KR?
ZT 3rd - 4th - KR?

Also will there be the ones after the maze?

Lookin good mate.

-Ash

No it will still be the usual 1st-2nd-3rd-4th-KR, and yes skipping the entire maze (Including 5th)

Guessing you don't know what I mean by the old school euro doors of ZT? They were literally right next to each other lol, so getting from 1st to 4th would take like 20 seconds

Like this...

Last edited:

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
No it will still be the usual 1st-2nd-3rd-4th-KR, and yes skipping the entire maze (Including 5th)

Guessing you don't know what I mean by the old school euro doors of ZT? They were literally right next to each other lol, so getting from 1st to 4th would take like 20 seconds

Like this...

The doors were never like that? Those doors werent even used if i remember right and ive played so many servers and even euro and never remember that :eek: oh well its different!

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
What about them doors at top right?? The door's you chosen seem a lazy way to get to kr :p

When high enough people won't even bother with floors jut go to kr and kill zt..

This also will ruin "TeleportRing"??

-Ash

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
The doors were never like that? Those doors werent even used if i remember right and ive played so many servers and even euro and never remember that :eek: oh well its different!

They were in the first few stages of Euro BETA lol, very long time ago :P but yes, they were used ^_^

The spiral floor of ZT will still be used, this just allows me to provide each floor with class specific drops...also if people PK it makes fights more even as you'll most likely be up against the same class lol. So theres still the running through the final floor to KR, and I could always put the last 2 parts of 5th in if people really want it and even create a custom maze route of my own?

And Teleport rings won't be in game lol

Aidon_Lee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2012
I like the idea where each floor gets a certain floor or w/e... but it would also be fun if say a Taoist could unlock the wizard floor and just go in and PK PK PK!

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire

And I thought you'd played since euro beta :O

I remember getting my shaman helmet from there when they were like 1m xD

On 3rd or 4th floor you had to run round to the bottom in one of the small rooms had the kr door there and just opposite of that is where HLC was for awhile I think.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
I like the idea where each floor gets a certain floor or w/e... but it would also be fun if say a Taoist could unlock the wizard floor and just go in and PK PK PK!

Sorry you seem to have misunderstood lol. I'm putting no such blocks on the floors, all classes may go between floors as freely as they wish, but the drops on each floor willl be specific to that class.

tbh at the moment none of this is set in stone (As I haven't added it to the main post) as I was going to just have all items in the same like Mir items are, which would completely negate the idea of this lol.

Or I could have some that are...hhhmmm lol

Archa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Bristol ,England
going back to rebirth skills / books, maybe make it a little perk for actually getting to 500 and rebirthing, like say

Warrior can get Poison
Tao can get Shield
Wiz can get healing

not major skills, but each one will help there class and make it feel like a perk?
/Rajtek

xXxX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 9, 2005
maybe if you are open about people pking freely, then remove the chance of cursing weap from pk?

Jesus

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
maybe if you are open about people pking freely, then remove the chance of cursing weap from pk?

Or put bene's in shop lol.

i got ur txt last night. D/w when you come down i'll sort you out man. If not i'll put it back in ur thing next week. Yes i know how **** is, dont think im that ****ish kenneth.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
going back to rebirth skills / books, maybe make it a little perk for actually getting to 500 and rebirthing, like say

Warrior can get Poison
Tao can get Shield
Wiz can get healing

not major skills, but each one will help there class and make it feel like a perk?
/Rajtek

ReBirth

Already have done something like that, although the MagicShield was just an example lol

Can anyone confirm if this can be done? Then I will keep Curse off weapons or maybe just have unlimited oils for people lol